Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Anne B. Walsh posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 1:46pm

Marvelously funny/exciting/nicely characterized chapter, as usual. One quibble - Harry says to Hermione that the second year Transfiguration exam was a long time ago for him. Weren't exams canceled that year? Or did he just mean that he'd studied for it/learned those concepts a long time ago?

Viridian replied:

He meant that the class (and more importantly the exam revision) was a long time ago for him.

amulder posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 12:26pm

PS: Reviewer "Clayton" seems to be operating under a bit of a misunderstanding. This is a H/G (ultimately) story after all, and Harry has many times thought about how hard it was to lose the future Ginny. Who else do they expect Harry to confide in?

amulder posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 12:23pm

Good job.

Now that Harry has had two "confession" sessions, I noticed no further mention of trouble sleeping. Are we done with that?

Very interesting have McGonagall blow up at Albus like that. Seems like it took. For now. He won't listen to Harry, at least he'll listen to an "adult".
I do look forward to the scene, no doubt far in the future, where Harry finally explains to Dumbledore that Albus' *own* portrait advised Harry to *not* confide in Albus.

When *are* you going to have Harry use that gun? Maybe he should actually give it to Sirius. Sirius is the one out in the field after all.

One niggling question, though... Hermione was writing all kinds of things down during her "interrogation" of Harry... isn't it rather dangerous to write *anything* down? What if someone goes through her things? What if her trunk is stolen? What if *Dumbledore* has a snoop when he gets suspicious?

I know, it is a bit much to expect them to keep track of everything simply in their heads, but it still is a risk.

Thanks for sharing,
...art

Viridian replied:

He's still going to have problems at times, when his stress level is high. PTSD tends to be somewhat chronic in nature for people that suffer from it. But as he said, his emotional roller-coaster is on an up-swing since he told the truth and his friends accepted it. In a way, Ginny is shouldering some of his burden, and it does weigh her spirit down at times.

Hermione is relaxing her guard a bit now that Snape is gone. Hopefully she's being appropriately cryptic in her notes - with a little window-dressing, someone who read it might think she was outlining a very unbelievable story she wanted to write.

Thanks for the kind words,

-Matthew

angrymonkey posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 11:59am

As usual a good chapter. The only thing that tends to bug me about the story is that when it comes to dueling, Harry's abilities seem to be down played. Even if he were restricted by the rules of a tournament, he still has an extra 15 or so years practice on things like aiming and, just as important, timing. It seems that these would actually be more important than what spells you were allowed to shoot off.

That said, I have to admit down playing Harry is beter then doing the oposite and Marie Sueing him.

One thing I have quite enjoyed about the last couple of chapters is that you manage to keep most of the characters multilayered. i.e. when Snape is delivering the potions to Pomfrey and is told that Harry might not wake up, you have him go very pale.

Snape may be a complete ass and in the end a death eater, but at least he still has some guilt about assisting in the death of a 12 year old... At least that's how I read it and I find it makes his character more realistic.

Anyway I'll wrap this up. By the way I read some of the posts on your yahoo group and some of your fans are downright scary!

Angrymonkey

CootiePatootie posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 11:29am

Viridian;

Wonderful, wonderful update. I truly, truly love this story.

Hermione's list of questions was truly great. So, um, Hermione like. ;-)

I like the newer, bolder version of Ginny, but I am also glad she still has her moments of uncertainty. It is nice to remember that no matter how much of a heads up they have via Harry, and no matter how much training they do, that they really are still very very young.

I like the way you've resolved the "hiding things" issue. I think Harry still has a bit of growing to do until he can realize the loyalty of his friends. I think you picked exactly the right ones to have full disclosure, as well.


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting rid of Snapie poo. The retaliatory attack was disturbing though...hard to think of so much evil there.

Must ask though, is Dumbledore EVER going to get a clue? Swaying someone from the Dark is a laudable ambition, but it must be done fairly. People have to take responsibility for their own actions. I hope his "glimpse" into Flint's head teaches them this.

Again, great update. The end of the year just left me feeling very good about the future of our group.

Ta,

CootiePatootie

vl100butch posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 11:25am

I hope your muse tells you to keep writing quickly---I enjoy this story very much and like how you have made the scenairo very beliveable.

Clayton posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 11:25am

Ugh.. can Harry have anyone to confide in besides Ginny. I know they're close in all but seriously other people can help him as well.

Zarz posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 4:36am

Here's a thought. Now that Harry knows about the Map, and everyone knows how he knows about the Map, he ought to get Remus and Sirius to teach them how to make their own. Partly so that they can have one while the twins have the original, or they can even each have one, and partly so that they can add things like the Chamber of Secrets, the Room of Requirements, and any secret passageways or whatnot that Harry knows about that the original Marauders never found. They could even make a Map of the Burrow, just in case. With that, the wards, and a few dozen fire-proofing spells, I have no doubt that Harry's nightmares about the Burrow would greatly decrease as it becomes less and less possible for them to become a reality.

I also would like to cast my vote for the group learning to be animagi at some point. Another just-in-case thing - having a form in which one could escape in would help a lot.

Anyway, really great work! I love this, and I'm likely going to keep reviewing random chapters with even more random thoughts until you update another chapter so I have something else to think about!

Zarz posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 3:44am

This is really cool, and I can't wait to see how Moony's classes turn out. I wonder what Harry's boggart will be like? Will it still be a dementor but with even more horrible memories from Harry? If he decides to use the Riddikulus spell rather than the Patronus, I think it would be really funny to watch the dementor start melting like the Wiked Witch of the West. If, of course, Harry managed to do anything but simply remember. The other option I see would be for the boggart to cycle through Harry's worst memories. Of course, if it tried to go through all of them I suppose we'd see if a boggart could spontaniously combust!

The other thing I'm wondering about is if Harry will decide to teach the DA the Patronus charm. I can just imagine McGonnigall sitting in the back of the classroom completely flabberghasted that a thrid year is teaching first years on up a NEWT level spell! And if his friends ask him if he really expects anyone to get the charm, he can just answer, "Well, if I could do it as a third year, then you can too." Of course, they'd probably object and tell him it's rather unfair because he's also thirty, at least until he mentions he managed to get the spell right in his third year the first time around as well!

Anyway, just my random thoughts about the coming year. I spend way too much time in my life thinking about your story. But hey, it's summer, and I don't have a job yet. So really good work, and my congratulations on a story so thought-provoking that I can't get it out of my head! Great job!

timmerator posted a comment on Wednesday 28th June 2006 1:15pm

I like it!! Please Keep up the good work.

Tim

Zarz posted a comment on Wednesday 28th June 2006 12:01pm

This is really, really cool, and even better now that I'm rereading it for the fourth or fifth time! I love how the group is improving from their original time! My one regret is that by fifth year things will likely change enough that Umbridge will not be sent to Hogwarts. After hearing what they've been doing to Lockhart, I'd absolutely love to see them get one over on Umbridge! No doubt she'd be out of the castle in weeks! Please put a scene in somewhere about Umbridge coming into the school and getting completely confounded by the group! And I can't wait to see more of the DA. Really, really great work! Good job, congratulations, and I'm desperately waiting for the next update!

Ron posted a comment on Wednesday 28th June 2006 5:57am

Hey, Matthew! This is a wonderful story, one of the better 'redo' stories. Any idea how long until the next chapter comes out?

Ron

Tom Beam posted a comment on Monday 26th June 2006 3:13pm

getting to be a good story, keep up the awesome work

Sir Chris posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2006 12:31am

Hey that was a great chapter, best one yet in my opinion. I can't believe his friends are handling it so well...

Also I look forward to "20 questions for future harry" that comes later.

Although its your story I have to point out the one flaw with it, don't know if this has been said before. Harry being vastly mature I can understand. Ron turning a bit more mature because of harry I can understand. The one that seems really out of place in terms of maturity is Ginny. I mean sure I don't think she'd be whining like a 5 year old, but she just seems a bit too mature for the age.

But hey I guess with this timeline that you set up she had to be, it just bugged me a bit.

Great story I look forward to what is next.

- Chris

Daven posted a comment on Saturday 24th June 2006 7:54pm

Still good. Writing, plot, charcters.. all awsome.. so keep it up!

Sir Chris posted a comment on Wednesday 21st June 2006 7:17pm

"Harry found himself grinding his teeth. If they give me to the Malfoys I’ll just have to Avada Kedavra them on the spot and tell Madam Bones to pick again."

That is without a doubt the single best line of fanfiction I have ever, or will ever, read.

My god that is great.

Jarvey posted a comment on Sunday 18th June 2006 5:10pm

Excllent Story, I look forward to the final touches to this year. Do you have this story posted anywhere else, by chance? I cannot remember if I saw it somewhere else as well.

Aberbadger posted a comment on Tuesday 13th June 2006 9:31am

I think, when Harry finally reveals himself to Dumbledore, or at least a part of himself, the first words out of his mouth should be something along the lines of "The word you're looking for is Horcrux, sir. Or is it Horcruces? There are, after all, six of them!" The ideal thing, of course, would be to have Dumbledore destroy them, or at least, most of them before the Third Task. Then in the Graveyard Harry can Kill Nagini (or he may not have to if you follow the line that he didn't turn Nagini into the Horcrux until after the Graveyard - only Harry knows)and then Thrash Moldy Shorts in front of all his Vaunted Death Eaters!

jgkitarel posted a comment on Friday 9th June 2006 8:46pm

Interesting turn of events you had here. Have to admit that I loved it though.

I found your way of having Harry reveal the big secret to be well done. I'm sure you've been told this, but you do tend to have the major events play out. They may not have gone the same way, but they did happen.

As for Draco's expulsion, it's fitting. There was enough evidence to implicate him of being at least a party to two counts of attempted murder, but not enough to stand in court. Also, I have a feeling that Lucious Malfoy is about to have a slight drop in influence, especially since many believe that it was his idea to send the dementors to Hogwarts. We'll see how it turns out.

As for how you handled Snape, I liked it. He was caught in a situation which Dumbledore had no choice but to fire him. He was indirectly tied to a case of the attempted murder of one of his students. This at least gave Dumbledore a way of sacking him without risking him. Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that he will be teaching at Durmstrang at some point?

Well, you plainly said that the entire canon story is going into the circular file from this point on, so I lookm forward to the next chapter.

Jimmy posted a comment on Monday 5th June 2006 8:30pm

HELLL YEAH it was.!!! Now when will the next chapter come out????