Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Saturday 9th January 2010 11:02pm

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

BaltaineShadow posted a comment on Saturday 9th January 2010 10:01am

I hope you'll update again really soon.
Your stories are way to good to simply abandon them...

Greetings, Baltaine

aemilyl24 posted a comment on Friday 8th January 2010 9:39pm

Awesome chapter :D I loved it so much! Keep up the brilliant work, and please try to update again soon. I can't wait to see what will happen next. Fantastic job on this chapter.

Vigdis posted a comment on Wednesday 6th January 2010 6:57pm

I am so happy to see a new chapter out! Thank you!

I really liked the way Harry dealt with that first impression with Scrimgeor. And the handling of the Millicent situation was masterful.

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Tuesday 5th January 2010 1:31am

Great story. I read some of it awhile ago and enjoyed it. I am glad I checked back here and found you had updated.

The small section of conversaton between Harry and Ginny was lovely. But I wonder, at the age of 13 with an older Harry memories, why their relationship is not progressing even just a little bit?

Anyway, update when you can.

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Friday 1st January 2010 3:38pm

First of all, this is a quite good story. I'd guess it has been brought up before, but the oddest part seems to be why they haven't finished the Horcrux hunt, with the most likely explanation being that they are not sure Voldemort will leave the realm when they are destroyed. Still, the chance of losing those pieces is a big thing, and I just can't see the risk being taken, particularly if there is another way to banish what is left of his spirit. Another idea might be to destroy them all but the hat, and give the hat a way to destroy itself, should it be taken with the understanding that they would try to save the hat after Voldemort was destroyed. Beyond that, I don't remember a big deal being made of the wards at the Granger's, Luna's, and Neville's. Are those weak points?

Still, all in all this is a quite compelling story. Thanks for the new chapter.

takon65 posted a comment on Monday 28th December 2009 7:49pm

This has to beone of the best stories I've ever read. This chapter didn't live up to most of the others. Is this a bridge chapter? I hope so I'm looking forward to seeing the storyline progress.

Asad posted a comment on Monday 28th December 2009 5:40pm

An interesting chapter...

Keep up the good work, whenever you get the time and urge to write. ;)

millercommamatt posted a comment on Monday 28th December 2009 4:03pm

I have to admit, I don't think that your rather transparent solution to remove Bullstrode from Hogwarts would fly with the evil pureblood crowd. Just because Millicent was moved to France accompanied with some additional publicity wouldn't stop her daddy from joining her sister due to a breech of faith. I don't see that it's any different than if he had pulled her out of Hogwarts himself. The only real thing to change is how public they make his "tragic but completely accidental" death.

Nancy Austin posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 10:24pm

Started at the beginning - again - so I could keep my stories straight. I must be a little too old to read several stories simultaneously. Still really enjoying it. Keep up the good work and have fun! Happy New Year!

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 4:26am

Great chapter, and I'm glad to see you're back to writing again. On the whole, I loved it, but I do have one eentsy little nit to pick.

Hermione should know that a duckbilled platypus is a monotreme (an egg-laying mammal), not a marsupial. To be sure, the continent they live on, Australia, is dominated by marsupials, but the platypus lays eggs.

DrT posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd December 2009 12:06pm

I think Harry & Co will regret not engineering a few 'accidents' before 3rd year ends.

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd December 2009 8:41am

Hooray!! It's great to see more of this wonderful story, and this was a very good chapter. I love the interaction between Harry and Ginny. I also like your inventiveness in coming up with new threats that weren't in canon.

Happy holidays to you, too!

Ltank687 posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd December 2009 4:27am

OMFG! I had the worst day ever, nothing was going right, and then I check fanfic authors and YOU UPDATED?! can I say OMFG again?!

So, honestly, this was my favorite story ever. Got me started on fanfiction, which i have now read years and years worth. To log on and finally read the 28th chapter that I have yearned for was the best joy i have experienced in a long time.

You have no idea how happy you made me. That smile on my face, still there. prolly not going anywhere for hours, days, weeks.

OMFG! HARRY POTTER AND TE NIGHTMARES OF FUTURES PAST! KENNY!

JaCee2u posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 11:10pm

As always, beautiful work. Just as I'm about to count this story out, you come back and make me read a do-over fic. (grin) Take care, happy holidays, and don't let real life get you down.

The Laurel and the Roses posted a comment on Friday 18th December 2009 9:39pm

You're descriptions of everyone are bang on and you write almost better than the author! Love the humor and the quality of human relations. Did you ever consider becoming a professional writer?

aemilyl24 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th December 2009 5:13pm

This is such an awesome story. I have loved it so much. Keep up the amazing work. I do hope you plan on continuing it soon! I can't wait to see what will happen next :D

aemilyl24 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th December 2009 5:12pm

This is such an awesome story!! I love it so much. I do hope you plan on continuing it; and I look forward to seeing an update soon!!!!

KayB posted a comment on Friday 20th November 2009 8:38am

I think this is brilliant!!
I'm so glad you've written something like this, it's like being able to live the Harry Potter books over again, without the mundanity. At first I thought it would be hard to accept the alternate reality, but I read one of the chapters a few days ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.
These stories are perfectly dark, but somehow still capture the right feeling. :)

brad posted a comment on Saturday 24th October 2009 2:19pm

I've just finished a re-read so I had to come here and say "this is a wonderful story" all over again.

This is a wonderful story.

:-)

The very best HP stories - the ones that are easily superior to any others - are those that focus on and highlight the love and affection that these wonderful characters have for each other. And NoFP does this beautifully. Every time I read a paragraph or sentence showing how the kids support each other, how dedicated Harry is to the welfare of his friends (and the wizarding world at large), how the romantic relationships are forming ... my heart just warms to them even more. It's wonderful, beautiful stuff.

One thing I was slightly miffed about ... Harry basically saves the day when Hermione's time at Hogwarts is threatened by her father. While I'm a H/Hr man and I know full well that that's not going to happen in your novel (which is fine by me; your H/G, R/Hr and N/L are just excellent) I was still, nonetheless, looking forward to a Granger-class hug or two of friendship and gratitude for Harry, the boy who'd made her father reconsider.

But instead, when they next meet up, Hermione's all shining-eyes over Ron's selection of a Christmas present!?! Which is several orders of magnitude lesser in importance, I would say. And that left me with what probably was the first bit of irritation at your setting up the R/Hr romance since day #1. Your R/Hr is cute but it's overpowering Hermione's thankfulness to Harry? Hmmph.

That little scene at the pub was a powerful one, with Mr. Granger taking over, the kids frozen, Luna staring at Harry to do something, Harry putting his heart on the line and Hermione's tears silently falling as he rescued her. The angst/drama monster part of me would have liked Hermione to have taken Harry aside at some point - like when they next met - and given him that classic Granger-class hug and some words of gratitude. I dunno, I'm not an author, I don't have your imagination, but you've perfectly written such capstones to other similar drama-laden events that have made me sigh in happiness, I just missed it in this one.

That said, I *did* very much appreciate Ron's questioning Harry as to whether Hermione's attending Hogwarts was the best thing - for *her*. Bravo, Ron. I'd been thinking exactly the same thing, hoping even that the Grangers or the kids might have drawn Harry further on that score.

I've reviewed NoFP many times in the past, I think; the above is just what's floating around at the top of my head having just finished reading your story (again).

I know how you hate your readers trying to pile on the pressure, but I'm worried at how it's been more than a year since the last update. I know you've recently tried to advance the progress-meter, but still ... *bites nails*.

I have no idea as to how big this series of yours was going to be - all seven years? - and there's things that need to be unveiled, of course, such as the identity of the Hogwarts spy. But I was wondering whether you might consider cutting the length of the story arc of your series, if it improves the chances of it getting finished. Maybe have Voldemort vanquished in a (huge) battle right after he's reincarnated at the end of year 4. I can only imagine how an author like you could write such a thing - Harry trying to protect his friends and taking off alone (although having put steps in place to prevent Voldemort's reincarnation); those precautions failing, due to the Hogwarts spy (who is revealed at the gravesite); but Harry's friends, unknown to him, had taken precautions too, and come to save him, they all zap Voldemort (or Harry does, upon being rescued, which allows us to cheer our hero as he steps up to the plate again), the Dark Lord is gone for good, all the Death Eaters that came back are stunned, Arthur becomes minister, the end.

Well, now I've shown exactly why I'm not an author. Still, I'm grateful for those fanfic stories that can nudge what I have for an imagination into action. Thank you for that.

And what I've thought of fails on several counts, no doubt. Certainly Harry has promised his friends to never dash off alone again, and to involve them in his plans - 'no secrets'. Which makes me wonder what could cause him to break that promise. A direct threat to one or more of them?

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, the more NoFP the better, I would love to have seven years of it! But I think 'probability of completion' is even more important. This story is too good to abandon. And if you were to chop it off after year 4 ... wow, you're five-eighths done already! :-)

Oh, another nitpick ... I was always complaining in my reviews, I think, about how Harry kept the fact that he could conjure a corporeal patronus from his friends, even after pledging 'no more secrets'. Yet not a single one of them complained when his Stag was revealed at the quidditch match, which puzzled me. I would have expected Ginny or Hermione to whinge about it?

Anyway, thank you again for this brilliant story. Cheers.