Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

superdog417 posted a comment on Sunday 17th October 2010 8:22pm

Hmm...never been to this site before but I really like this story :D...have no clue when you last updated this but I decided to comment anyway ^^

omgoth posted a comment on Saturday 2nd October 2010 8:44pm

Okay, you just wrote one of the funniest out-of-context lines I've ever read: "Hinata privately wondered how much her rear end would hurt when this was over, but she only said "Hai!" in response."

Did you do that on purpose, or was that just a funny coincidence, because I laughed for like 10 minutes after reading that.

tugger55 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th August 2010 10:58am

when will team 8 become chunin?

Zevi posted a comment on Tuesday 6th July 2010 12:58am

I haven't even watched Naruto, but I liked your HP fanfic, so decided to read this one. It's so good, that I just finished reading it, despite being completely unfamiliar with this fandom. I particularly like your character development, and plot, and action scenes, and ... Well, I guess I like everything about your work.

I also like your realistic portrayal of characters. Hinata reminds me of a couple girls I know. They are doing better now, but I immediately thought of them when reading your description of her.

Mainly I just wanted to say that I like your writing so much that I read this entire story whose source material I am unfamiliar with, and am now eagerly waiting for continuation. :)

David Thacker posted a comment on Tuesday 11th May 2010 11:58pm

Can not wait to see what happens next or who takes over for Kurenai in training Naruto and Hinata.

David Thacker posted a comment on Tuesday 11th May 2010 10:59pm

will we ever see the divergence point for this story?

Vilkath posted a comment on Saturday 8th May 2010 3:56am

Realistic chapter but also a bit unbelievable in Naruto's horrible reactions to killing some one. I understand he has issues with the Kyuubi and any negative emotion makes him think he is a demon and all but I do grow tired of the angsty crap over first kill so many fics try and do. In a normal modern day kill sure.. a kid would feel horrible about it. But morals, ethics and all that are built upon the society we live in and the enviroment around us. Kohona is a NINJA village, they raise their kids to be killers from a young age and only shower them with glory and honor for doing so.

They get paid to kill random people for no other reason than some one paid them to do it which is even a step beyond a regular soldier killing some one because they are the 'enemy'. As such in that society I have a real hard time believing 20th century modern morality exist at all, human lives are cheap in that society and the enemy is just a walking bag of flesh to be killed. It's like a society that taught themselves eating pork was wrong, a moral sin and all that. Another country who never was exposed to this idea would never even question eating a pig or not.

It's been a long running issue in Naruto-fanfiction and it always makes me mad, even in cases like this where the whole ordeal is well written, that such a wussy modern look on killing is applied to a society of professional killers.

Tonnocal posted a comment on Thursday 29th April 2010 10:16pm

huh - what! Kurenai is dead? Where the hell did that come from? Completely took me from left field, so congrats on breaking stereotypes left and right. I am very interested to see how her death will effect Naruto, and how Sasuke sharing his'Itachi killed my xxxx, so I have the right to kill him' schtick with three other possible avengers. Misery, company and the will of fire all come to mind.

Fantastic update, as always, you are THE (WO?)MAN

Nuit Tombee posted a comment on Thursday 29th April 2010 5:53am

I'm feeling very, well I wouldn't say sad, but I am feeling down at the moment. I loved Kurenai. I don't know if I can read the next chapter. Good Luck with your story.

Nuit Tombee posted a comment on Monday 26th April 2010 2:26am

I came back to your story via a lil' message by Jeconais on his new Naruto story. When I started reading again I felt the need too read it all...again. XD

STBgirl posted a comment on Tuesday 20th April 2010 11:19am

Kurenai *sniff* I'm torn between happiness that i got to read another great (if depressing) chapter and sadness that a character your story has made me like so much is no more. It will be interesting to find out who becomes team 8's sensei in place of Kurenai and the consequences, thanks for posting :)

jgkitarel posted a comment on Monday 19th April 2010 3:37pm

Okay, I would like to rebut the negative reviews, but I won't save for the illogic of Kurenai breaking the Tsukoyomi and Itachi killing her.

One of the things that is, often overlooked, in Canon, is that Genjutsu is a mental attack and goes both ways. It is dictated by whoever is in control of it. Kurenai didn't break it, so much as force counter it, forcing Itachi to break it.

How?

The answer is simple. Our esteemed author actually went through the process of how she did it. She simply forced it to an inevitable conclusion she knew would happen. Namely, Naruto going berserk and pulling out the Kyubi. Itachi, without the knowledge she had of Naruto, was caught off guard, and since he did not want to risk what could happen, he broke the Genjutsu.

Killing her makes sense when you think of it. She just managed to counter a supposedly unbeatable genjutsu, and she did not have a Sharingan. Itachi needed her out of the way before she could teach others how to counter it.

Robert71 posted a comment on Monday 19th April 2010 12:25pm

and by "she is NOT that granted she is one of the best genjutsu users but it was clearly shown in canon she was not better than itachi... theres one reason it doesnt work..." i meant she is not that good to break tsukuyomi, granted she is one of if not the best genjutsu user out there tsukuyomi is the ultimate genjutsu end of story it is not that easily broken.

Anthony May posted a comment on Saturday 17th April 2010 6:45pm

Amazing I love this story!!!!!!!

Robert71 posted a comment on Friday 16th April 2010 9:00pm

ok ok ok.... i know youre getitng alot of crud for killing kurenai... but how you killed her WASN'T LOGICAL... and i will show you why...

From all the sites i checked about tsukuyomi they all say something along these lines: It is said only a natural born member of the Uchiha Clan can overcome the illusion. To counter the technique, however, Mangekyou is not required. A highly trained normal Sharingan user can break the illusion, causing the Mangekyou user to experience additional weakness from using it... the only other instance was when bee used his biju to counter it... now tell me how did kurenai break it... she is NOT that granted she is one of the best genjutsu users but it was clearly shown in canon she was not better than itachi... theres one reason it doesnt work...

Second Kakashi would not have to dodge wider because he had "one eye open" remember the sharingan allows the other to read movement... An eye possessing two tomoe allows you to track the movement of an opponent and do some minor copying of an opponents attack... An eye containing three tomoe will allow the ninja to see the image of an attacker’s next move from the slightest muscle tension in their body, this prevents wasteful movement it also allows them to synchronize their movement to strike at an area moments before their opponent is even in that spot, essentially allowing them to strike out and hit their opponent before they're even there... and thats just if you have ONE EYE if you have 2 youre chances are boosted even more... so one sharingan acts as 3 eyes... none the less im sure he would have thrown kurenai out of the way and taken on itachi himself before letting her get hurt (by the way where was Maito Guy?)

Third: Kurenai wears a forhead protector... theres no way itachi's kunai would go through that...

Fourth: Kurenai would be effectd by the genjutsu without a doubt it lasts like 2 seconds in the real world... she would have broke and been in a coma in the hospital...

Fifth: Itachi is out of character he wouldnt kill someone for knowing how to repell his genjutsu... he wasn't even planning on killing anyone when he got there he was looking for naruto... and later it was revealed he was informing danzo to keep his mouth shut...

all in all on kurenais death i have to say that was poorly executed i honestly expected more from you if you were going to kill her off i odnt mind that you did its just flawed even without the 5th argument of mine i think it was distasteful... none the less Asuma's lover is dead now... if you remember canonly they were going out by this point... other than that this was pretty good minus some flaws i picked out... like the byakugan of hirashi... he can see for miles with it she would already be in range of it and im sure he's a senosor type and would have noticed if someone eneterd the compound... its unlikely he didnt know she was there... anywho keep it up i really enjoy your writing since kurenai is dead i am interested in how this is going to unfold thanks for the update after 16 months

Gaiseric posted a comment on Wednesday 14th April 2010 5:19am

I thought it wasn't that bad...but not brilliant either. I already miss Kurenai.

So...who's going to be the next team leader? Iruka? Jiraiya?

I hope you're not going to make it gouche by making it so that Kushina is still alive (even though the canon never makes it fully clear that she died in the assault on the village) and becomes team leader.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to the next installment, and can't wait to see how you tackle Tsunade.

CS Gaiseric

Scott Sakraida posted a comment on Wednesday 14th April 2010 1:13am

This is one of the best Naruto fics iv read. Kinda sad to see Kurenai die, easily one of the best characters so far in this fic.

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 8:19am

Kurenai figures out a counter to Itachi's most powerful gengitsu technique and he kills her for it. Wow, I didn't see that coming, but it's entirely logical within the setting you've laid out here. Not to say that I'm happy she got killed off, but it makes more sense than Itachi always leaving loose ends around after hitting people with that particular technique, even if most of the time they end up in terminal comas after the fact.

One of the long term consequences I can see from this is that Team 8 just lost their best shield against all the political manipulations Kurenai has been helping deflect. I can see Danzo putting in a request immediately for the entire team to be assigned to a jounin of his selection, the Council at large pushing to have the team disbanded and individual members reassigned, Hiashi calling for Hinata's removal as an active shinobi for Clan needs... ugh, the list just goes on and on.

Thanks for continuing to share this story with us, even if this chapter had a bit more of a downbeat mood compared to the rest of the story. But with Naruto, there always needs to be some angst in the mix somewhere, I guess. :)

Harry James posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 12:55am

Meant shouldn't complain, not should. Sorry again. I think that is the first unhappy review I have ever written to you.

Harry James posted a comment on Friday 9th April 2010 12:53am

Oh, and the Kyuubi conversation was a tad weird as well. Naruto has experienced genjutsu before and that never happened. You kind of flipped it so that he has Gaara's old problem because his conscious was distracted so the demon took over. Aside from that, you also took away from Tsukuyomi. That particular genjutsu happens instantaneously. It only seems to take a long time to the person under it's spell. The kyuubi honestly shouldn't have had time to react or stay after they left. Just a couple of spots I didn't like. The death seemed pointless and the Kyuubi talk seemed like random mess that resulted from a lack of any other ideas to write. Sorry. I guess I should complain. It is your story. I just wonder how your fan base will take it.