Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Kristofer posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 8:11am

Well, you have delivered yet another wonderfully told installment in your ongoing saga of a belivable way for naruto to grow up. The bit with the Aburame council was quite interesting and unique. Your effort to go into belivable backstory for the maincharacters should not go unremarked because it lends your story such a much greater depth and vividity.

To keep it simple, I applaud your effort and will leave this reviw with my best wishes

Jamey posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:47am

One of the obvious things that strikes me here is the almost Spock-like attitude of Aburame Shino, and of the Aburame clan in general. Of course, this leads quickly to trying to stretch the analogy to Kirk/Naruto and Hinata/Bones - at which point it falls completely apart, especially because the original characters from canon are *not* such a triumvirate, and because of the age differences - these are kids, where K/S/B are paramilitary officers well into their careers. Still, the extreme reserve projected, while occasional glimpses of the emotions behind the facade invite the comparison.

This analogy though, does provide us a glimpse into a possible future of a strong, decisive Hokage with his teammates as his top advisors and trouble-shooters.

Another point, though - what kind of trouble is Shino going to be in now, since he's caused the Clan Elders to lose so much face? Admitted, at least he hasn't done it publically, and brought dishonor to the entire clan in front of the village, but there's going to be at least a couple of the Clan Elders gunning for him, I would expect.

Now, the question is: Will a more observant Naruto spot Kabuto, and if so - what will he do about him? Admitted, Susuke should still be the primary target of Orochimaru, because nobody outside of Team 8 has yet had a chance to see how Naruto has grown. Are you planning to use the canon forms of the testing, or come up with new tests? Looking past that, we have the fight with Gaara and the One-Tailed Tanuki, which likely will go a bit differently with both Hinata and Shino supporting Naruto much more effectively than Sakura and Sasuke supported him in the manga, as well as the mission to pick up Tsunade (assuming you kill off the Sandaime [who should *ALSO* be the Godaime!]) - I can't really see Kurenai allowing the team to be split up like that, unless both Hinata and Shino are in the hospital, and even then, once Naruto returns, the team would certainly be brought back together, in a way it never really was in the mainline story. This is *truly* a team, with a sensei who cares for all of them in a way Kakashi never did.

And what of the ripples from Team 7's partially-failed mission? Now there is no Great Naruto Bridge, and the recovery of the Wave Country economy is put back by a bit, while a new Master Bridge Builder is found to finish the job, and a new team of workmen are recruited. As close to Konoha as the Wave Country appears to be, it's likely that Konoha has felt a number of effects from the depression there, such as the tailor recently moved in from Wave Country.

Davideg posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:41am

thank you for posting this fantastic chapter please update agin a.s.a.p.

Mayjest posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:37am

Wow, i thought you'd dropped of the face of the earth or something! Good to know you're still around.

Loved the bit with Shino. I found myself reading the lines aloud just to get more into it. Is that sad?

Adrian R Brown posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:16am

Yet another great chapter! I have to wonder about the masterminds of the conspiracy. You've dropped enough hints to suggest that the Hyuuga's are behind it, however it's a bit too obvious a conclusion. I looks forward to seeing how the Abamure's 'reform' their view, and how it may spread to some of the other clans. I can see the Nara's noticing the shift in their views, start wondering why, then revising their opinions, followed, naturally, by the Akimichi's and Yamanaka's. If it develops that way, I'd love to see the conversation between their heads about it. *chuckle* Can't wait to see more. Keep up the good work!

Prince Charon posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 6:15am

Very, very interesting. Nice to see Naruto maturing.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

Andrew Norris posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 6:05am

*grrr* try _two_...


Nice chapter, bit low on action (but combat isn't a costant thing), bit low on hurrying the plot along, but in a way more vabulie in showing the politics and the shadows of what's -really- going on. My. Huyggua-sama's the real dick here...

A

Terry Swain posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 5:39am

Great chapter. :)

t_gebhardt posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 5:09am

Nice Chapter.

Did Kakashi ever see Naruto in his new cloth?

What will Sasuke do when/if he learns about Naruto's Mission?

I do wonder which even was changed.

Kyle Bissett posted a comment on Sunday 3rd December 2006 11:32pm

You seem to have made significant progress on Naruto's issues, and now need to work on Hinata's. The first step is to get her to reveal her self-image to her teammates. The solution that Naruto would take would be to point out that he doesn't consider her a failure. The solution that Shino would take would be to point out that her father has apparently predetermined that Hinata is a disappointment, so anything she does that isn't absolutely perfect is a sign of absolute failure in his eyes, perfection being an impossible goal. He could point out that the start of her father's disapproval came from her being weak enough to be kidnapped several years ago, while Hinaba is not getting similar treatment for when SHE was kidnapped (you'd think that needing to be rescued by a 'failure' would be a matter worthy of shame).

Hinata would be better off using her savings from missions to get an apartment and move out of her home before somebody decides to put a Branch House seal on her. She shouldn't be wasting her time trying to win the approval of someone not worthy of respect.

kittykatluver posted a comment on Saturday 2nd December 2006 4:29pm

I wanted you to know that this is my most favorite Naruto fanfiction that I have ever read. I find it fascinating how you weave different tid-bits into the story; like Kurenai's recollection of Mattai, and the "Yellow Flash" part. Keep doing this and I think that this fanfiction will be one of the most popular (Naruto category, of course...I really only read Harry Potter, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto). I also enjoy NoFP; I think it is the most unique time-travel FF's I can ever recall reading.
Keep up the good work!
P.S.-Over at FanFiction.net, my profile is EvilMonkeyInMyCloset; if you want to read any of my favorites, go ahead. It's not like I could stop you...(haha)

RyokoTenchi posted a comment on Saturday 2nd December 2006 5:17am

as always Matthew i love this fic and hope to see the next earth-shattering chapter out soon. ^^

RyokoTenchi

Jen posted a comment on Saturday 18th November 2006 4:07am

I truely enjoy reading all of your stories, though I admit that Team 8 is my favorite. I like how you have come up with a realistic view of how a different influence could affect how Naruto is perceived. Keep up the good work!

potterfan posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 6:19pm

ooh ... one question for you ... in the anime that I watch ... jonin is spelt jounin ... any reason for one spelling over the other?

Sorry! That just distracted me a lot!

potterfan posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 6:18pm

I should be leaving nine reviews, but I was much too enamored with your story to even write a review. Profuse apologies for this!

The story is very well written and quite an interesting AU of the Naruto world. I had a bit of an issue in the beginning in your handling of Sakura, who imo begins to respect Naruto for his skill as they work together on a team. When Sasuke is taken, she's concerned about Naruto as well. Just because she doesn't return Naruto's feelings I don't think that makes her a bad person. Still a kid in the earlier part of the anime. They've all matured quite well.

Back to your story (sorry for going awol there). This is the first Naruto fan-fic I've read, I don't think I'll be reading many others because the quality of this will be hard to match I'm sure. You're really built on the characters really well. You've got me really interested in all the team members, the instructors, and small plot seeds sewn all over the place.

I don't necessarily agree with Naruto changing so fast ... I think it would take much longer. I also wonder how you will bring Ero-Sannin (come on I have to say that - as an aside ... Kakashi reads books written by him???) into the picture. Not sure if you're planning on merging story points into this, or even how far into the story you are planning on making this, but I eagerly await the next chapter.

Nightmares of Future's Past is great too! Read all of that as well ... but this one was just a lot of fun to read ... finished it all in one day - not recommended when you're trying to get work done :p

Good job!

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Tuesday 24th October 2006 4:36am

Nice work on the chapter, I really dug the talk with the Hokage and the kids reactions to things there. Also great idea with the talk/request of Kurnai at the aftermission dinner. Good job on the training, hope they can come up with a way to help hinata or boost her confidence to where she can smack down Neji or at least her B---h sister.

Barlo posted a comment on Monday 16th October 2006 7:48am

Love the story although i wish you updated more it's worth the wait! I do wonder how the story will go when/if jiraiya(sp?) trains him before the chunnin exams and the time skip overall great story so far

none posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 8:00pm

--I really enjoy the Team 8 fanfic and it is my second favorite after "Two Halves". I do hope you won't punish your loyal fans due to a few "Obscene, threatening, and insulting messages, emails and reviews ...." If you have time crunch problems that another writer could help w/ then drop an e-mail. I might also consider funding this project with a small donation, enough for a small treat to help offset your costs.


P.S. -- The e-mail address is real although I only check it weekly.

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 10th October 2006 8:48am

WOW O.O

Who knew that shino could be so forceful in communicating emotions while remaining almost completely emotionless.

Excelle work!

Adrian R Brown posted a comment on Tuesday 10th October 2006 4:38am

Another great chapter. I find myself yearning for the Shino portions more and more. Can't wait to see his big meeting with the Elders.