Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 1:10pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Thanks for this chapter.
It was really good to see some information being release. And quite a surprise to see Snape and Draco getting out. Things should get really hot from now on.

Viridian replied:

Things are definitely going to heat up, rather than cool off, in Year 3.

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:52pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

So it's going to take Fudge NINE MONTHS to decide to put Dementors around Hogwarts? Or is the "unknown rat Animagus" going to escape custody?

Great job!

Viridian replied:

No spoilers here... but why would Fudge expect Sirius to come to Hogwarts? No one heard him muttering "He's at Hogwarts" in his sleep this time around...

Alvin Au posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:50pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

great chapter... simply loved the twist with Snape and Malfoy getting kicked out (first time i can recall that Draco getting what he deserved from Dumbledore, which is getting kicked out of sku)... hope to see more H/G fluff now that they are growing older (okok... i know third and second yr doesnt really count as older but my H/G counter personality wouldnt NOT let me put that in)... i hope Sirius will make come into play more soon as well as Remus... and possibly some group training/studying/duelling practice?? one more thing... A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y loved the LONG chapter... hope you keep up the good work and keep churning out the more chapters... take care... =)

Viridian replied:

Thanks. I sort of set out to do something that hadn't happened before, and I think I made it. Don't expect lots of snogging though. They are still quite young, and Harry's future memories don't include any 'smooth moves'. There's also the whole glandular thing...

 

Lincoln posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:50pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Not bad, not bad..

I admit the previous chapter worried me, but this did a pretty good job of restoring my faith in the storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure, the meeting in the headmaster's office, and the way you managed to pay out all the rotten eggs. although now i see you have released a loyal servant of Voldemort to go and find him... not so good, i suppose, but hey, you've got to break some eggs to make an omelette!

I missed Fawkes, i kind of like the bird, but it's good to see the groundwork being laid for a restoration of Harry and the headmaster's friendship, and a stronger involvement with Dobby.

Keep the good stuff coming, it's really doing the trick!

Lincoln

Viridian replied:

I'm glad I've restored your faith in Nightmares.

With Snape gone, some things will become harder, but other things will become much easier.

Marisa Crosset posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:35pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

More than worth the wait! Excellent as always.

Wish I could be useful with some constructive criticism, but the best I can do is unconditional encouragement. I just love this story.

Oh and what a wonderful ending with Harry and Ginny! :)

Viridian replied:

Thanks!

And yes, I had an urge to elaborate more during the last scene, but I'm glad it was left the way it was. Neither of them are really sure what they want to say at this point, even if they could build up the nerve to do it...

 

artdam posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:27pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

The chapter is great, as is the story.
One thing though, you didn't to mention what happened with DADA (who's teaching it) after you made a point to bring Snape's departure.

Viridian replied:

That will be mentioned soon. They aren't 100% sure the healers at St. Mungo's might not be able to fix him up over the weekend. Even if it's obvious, it's a bit cold to make plans to replace an injured faculty member before you even know for sure he can't make his next class...

Hagrid posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:27pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

It was most certainly worth the wait! Wow! What kind of twisted mind could twist a twisted story and yet have it remain...twisted? A great job, but don't be too hard on them nasty yanks as yer callin' them. Som'att tells me there are some of them that like yer story.

Viridian replied:

As a Yank myself (I currently live near Atlanta), that was just a little sarcasm. (Thus the smiley-face.) One of my betas  chides me on the Americanisms that creep in my writing - almost as it were a unpleasant social disease.

sunrisesunset posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:20pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Three things:

1) Awesome way to play out the climax of Harry's second year. It seemed a bit abrupt at first (fast-forwarding more than a month), but you took care of that well and planned out a refreshingly original way to take care of Skeeter, Lockhart, the basilisk, the diary, Dobby, and both Malfoys.

2) Harry's long-awaited confession! I'm glad it turned out the way it did. Very symbolic to have it happen in the Chamber of Secrets, by the way. It will be interesting seeing what questions Hermione and the others come to Harry with later.

3) Harry and Ginny's relationship develops. It would have been very easy to either have the two of them confess to each other right now, but I'm glad you didn't. Love takes time, and that wouldn't have been as believable.

Overall... a chapter that's just bloody brilliant!! Keep it up!

Viridian replied:

1) Thanks! I've had this planned out for a while - it's been quite a relief to finally get to it!

2) The symbolism was intentional. And yes, it's going to be a very interesting summer in some ways...

3) They are both very unsure of what they are doing at this point. The future-Harry memories don't help much here - in canon Harry sort of stumbled into his relationships, and he had nothing at all after the Hogwarts Massacre. Ginny has an advantage over him in some ways, but she also needs to sort out her feelings and figure out exactly who the real Harry is... a question he can't even answer for himself.

ZanyMuggle posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:18pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Wow. That was one of the best story payoffs in HP fanfiction since Arabella and Zsenya's "After The End". Wow.

You really did bring the various disparate threads together in a way that paralleled canon wonderfully, but didn't have any gratuitous or "forced" scenes. Of course, I especially love that Snape and Malfoy got their just desserts.

Best of all, the characters were all themselves, i.e. true to canon.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to the Afterward, and to the next "book".

Viridian replied:

Wow yourself. That's high praise indeed! I read that last year, shortly after I started HP&NFP.

Jack Sloper posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:16pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Very well written. Not just this chapter, but the story overall. I've tried to read some other stories where young Harry has memories or advice from Older Harry, and yours is honestly the only one that I've stuck with.

I especially like how you are able to flesh out all your ideas, instead of just glossing over things that we know from the books.

Keep up the good work and update faster! *smirk*

Viridian replied:

Thanks, I'm trying not to skip over anything. Luna is hand for when things get a little tedious.

With my work schedule 3 weeks between updates (2 weekends writing and 1 week with the betas) is about as fast as it's going to get, sorry!

But if you know any independently wealthy fan fiction readers who'd like to become my patron of the arts, please let me know! I updated a lot faster when I was unemployed, lol.

Mickey posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 12:13pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Very nice. although I did find the coincidence of Harry begining to recover just as Ginny was kidnapped, or was that supposed to be causative?
So was Draco the conspiritor or is there still someone else there?

The Unicorn

Viridian replied:

If you've read accounts of coma patients, they will often display awareness of conversations that happened in their presence while they were comatose. Harry had been recovering for a while, and that half-heard conversation at the beginning of the chapter was an example of this. What he heard was sufficiently distressing that it roused him from his stupor, as it were.

If you read the snippets from the 'conspirator' and compare them with where they occur in the storyline you should get an idea. Harry also speculates about this during this chapter.

 

 

Khadon posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:55am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Wow! Lots of stuff happening in this chapter. Good job and it was great to see the year get wrapped up nicely. Bit of a shock to see Snape and Draco go "bye bye" but a welcome one. I guess I couldn't really see Harry putting up with Snape for much longer. Not that I don't love this fic but I'm hoping that since this one is winding to a close you can maybe give us an update of "Team 8" before too long. IT's also really good. Thanks.

Viridian replied:

I've started  putting together the outline for chapter 5 of Team 8 this weekend.

Kevin posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:48am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

All I can say is "WONDERFUL".

Thank you for this chapter! It was just perfect and set the stage for moving the story forward.

I continue to be truly impressed by your writing skill, your story line, and your dialogue.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Viridian replied:

Wow, thank you!

m4rk6 posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:47am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Your writing is, as always, excellent. I'd write a better review, but I'm working on 3 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, so keep it up! And I promise a better review next chapter :)

Viridian replied:

Well, thanks for reading!

Charles Slone posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:44am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

nice wrap up Viridian, can't wait to see the rest of this bad boy, so far this has been the only Post HBP story i have been able to read with out going "wtf" yes i disagree with the Horcrux thoery, sorta came out of left field though didnt it lol

Viridian replied:

Well, once you know what the DIary was, the concept seems a bit less bizarre.

Yes, technically this is a post-HBP story, but I've taken it in rather a different direction...

Thanks!

AK posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 11:11am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

And the moral of the story? If you got homicidal diaries hide them better! :D
Anyway nice chapter it does cover alot of grounds, though I agree with Arthur about Draco. Also what is Dumbledore doing with Snape now? 'Cause he knows it's partially his fault that Harry died, but does he still trust him? As a spy?

Really looking forwards to seeing how his friends will react to Sirius :-)

Viridian replied:

That was the most secure place Harry knew of.

Draco isn't in Azkaban because there were no witnesses. Technically, Harry didn't see him either.

Albus can't keep Snape on at the school and expect cooperation from any of the people that were in his office (aside from Snape, Ferret, and Ferret Sr.). Beyond that? Who knows?

Well, his friends already know most of the facts, don't they?

Ike posted a comment on Saturday 13th May 2006 10:55am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Fantastic chapter! I'm surprised that both Draco and Snape admitted to doing so much during the meeting at the end, though. I'm happy at least that they both got punished for it, in the end, though this will drastically affect the future (I'm sure Draco will end up much stronger in the future, if he has private tutors throughout his education).

Viridian replied:

 

Well, it's not like they had much choice, did they? Draco was caught red-handed with the cloak. And Harry *didn't* wake up with amnesia, so he was able to establish that someone had impersonated him, which implicated Snape. Severus tried to pretty it up as much as possible as a 'normal investigation that took a tragic turn', but  it seems that  Albus  needs Harry and the other Gryffindors more than he needs his spy.

As for Draco, remember that everything has consequences.