Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

BT posted a comment on Monday 15th May 2006 4:56am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Oh, what a wonderful update! I especially loved the group hug. I can't wait to hear what is next!

Antosha posted a comment on Monday 15th May 2006 3:48am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

The sudden shift at the top disconcerted me, but this really was quite a wonderful chapter. You managed to spring some surprises--some of which were actually replays from CoS!--as well as finally allowing Harry to come clean with his friends. I thought their reactions were lovely--especially Ginny's. :-)

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 15th May 2006 1:00am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Excellent climax. I guess Ginny's strange feelings before the book got there were caused by seeing Harry and Cho.

Glad he's open with his friends now. Wondering about the repercussions of Draco being expelled.

Thanks for writing! Good story. Looking forward to more.

Tom A.

brad posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 11:28pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Ah, this was great. Wonderful chapter.

I've been really really really looking forward to 'the grand unveiling of the truth'. A couple of times - once in the FFA forum - I mused with others about what form it would take. I got part right - I thought Harry might style it as a 'third person narrative' style of story (if I used the right term there) - but I only get part marks because my predicted response from Hermione didn't occur. I think I remember someone else suggesting she might ask "we all died, didn't we?". And he or someone else opined that Harry might challenge her with "what would you have done (in my place)?" in reply.

When, in my perusal, I realised that this was THE MOMENT, I thought it went just a little bit faster than what I would have expected. For eleven and twelve year olds they caught on mighty quick ... and none of them, other than Hermione, would have read any science fiction to help them cotton on! I'd imagined Harry's little narrative to be a few paragraphs long, detailing how each had died ... I guess I'm just one big melodramatic angst-meister, wanting to draw out the drama/misery. I guess we're lucky Hermione cut to the chase so fast.

Nevertheless, the 'grand revelation' was everything I had hoped it would be, big group hug at the end. I found my eyes misting up tonight when reading that section. All three times. Thank you. Always nice when a story does that to me. I think.

I've marvelled before at how beautifully crafted this story has been, but tonight (while recovering!) I thought about that some more. I'm a Hermione fan, so I guess I'm prone in particular to discerning places where she features - like how you had her asking the tough questions, or being the first to understand Harry' story. But - for me - some of the other characters shone particularly bright tonight. Actually, all of the kids except Neville. I enjoyed very much how you used Ron to instill some 'everyman humour' into the chapter, while keeping his solidarity with Harry at one hundred and ten percent. "This ponce is Voldemort?" / asking about the Cannons (WHY didn't I predict that one?!?!) / "You got that right". Nicely done and helped keep the chapter from getting too mushy, even for me.

And I really loved Luna in this one. For some reason her quiet, normally backgrounded character really appealed to me each time she came into prominence - her determination to save Ginny, being second to form the group hug, her comments about Harry's love as they walked back through the tunnel (that statement just fit beautifully as a coda to the whole unveiling, I'm so glad she said it) and then her insight into Harry's fear the next day. I am so looking forward to more of your Luna as the story progresses further.

And as to Ginny ... wonderful ending to the chapter. I'm no writer, I would never think of such a clever ending ... I'd make things too black and white, or try to explain to much. Ginny's single word was 'just right'.

Well, as you say, the old timeline is now toast, with Draco and Snape both gone. Ironic that, now that Harry can finally discuss his future knowledge with his friends, that knowledge will be of much less direct utility. Your story was brilliant - honestly, such an involving read - in how Harry established his little clique and fought against 'fate'. I guess now we're entering an entirely new ball park - on the one hand I guess this might make your story less unique, and more like 'just another AU hp fanfic'. On the other hand I'm looking forward to further discourse on the future as Harry deals with the repercussions of his giving his friends the truth ... and probably with more Weasleys added in as the twins, the parents and even Percy learn occlumency. Plus the whole idea of the good guys mobilising several years in advance, Harry, Hermione and the others planning for every contigency they can think of ... it's exciting stuff. As has been the 'action orientated' aspects of your story thus far.

There are still things I don't understand, like (a) who cast the second spell when Draco stunned Harry; (b) who is the Hogwarts spy - I'm pretty sure it wasn't Draco, from what was mentioned in previous chapters; (c) was it simply juvenile jealousy of Cho that made Ginny so distant from Harry *before* his accident and she was given the diary?; and (d) why did the doors to the Hogwarts infirmary open "before Harry could even reach for them"? I've probably forgotten some things from previous chapters. Well, now that I've read the chapter, I can now go back to my Yahoo 'HELD OVER FOR FEAR OF SPOILERS GALORE' folder and read the four or five Viridian mail digests that I quickly stashed there when they flooded into my mail box today, and see what everyone is saying!

Thank you for the excellent chapter, and I am looking forward to seeing how the tenor of the story alters in year three!

bluephoenixfire33 posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 8:53pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Fantastic! I'm so glad the secrets are out in open for the group. This truly is a great chapter.

Fate posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 6:34pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

This story is absolutely brilliant!
And that was just a lovely way to end the chapter!
Can't wait for more!!
You're a wonderful author!!! :D

Voldemort is Dead posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 5:37pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

I really like this!

Are you going to tell us whether Draco Boy and his Daddy are going to have some revenge against Harry? I wouldn't put it past those snakes to try something.


MorphiusFaydal posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 3:29pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

I love you, and I want to have your man-babies. :)

In other words, it's great as usual.

Manatheron posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 3:19pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

I am wounded that we are only 'those nasty yanks' now... what happend to stuck up, obnoxious, treasonous Devils hmmm? sadly our grip on the world seems to be slipping... On the plus side Myself and several of my friends have decided that we no longer speak english, but rather American! take that you british snob ^.^

Excellent chapter! I'm a little suprised to see that it took harry quite that long to wake up. I am also a little shocked that you are going to have snape looking for his lost lord (Opps, was I not supposed to reveal that particular plot device? deary deary me!) Good Idea though, I'm suprised nobody has thought of that sooner.

Please Keep up the excellent work, I look foreward to the next book!

Viridian replied:

You do realize that I live in the South(eastern) US, right? Would I need a Brit-picker if I was a brit myself?

A month is too long? Harry suffered a *severely* fractured skull. Certain parties were a bit disappointed that he didn't succumb to his 'accidental' injuries. I'm sure they would have helped him along if there were a foolproof way not to get caught...

There are a lot of Theories about Snape's career plans. No one has said the "right" one, that I have seen...

Thanks for the review!

Graup posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 12:51pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Wow, great chapter. I enjoyed the changes and all - it made it rather exciting.

I was a bit surprised by you booting Malferret. Not that I am upset, but it does beg the question.

You also sacked Snapey? Wow. You just made my day!

Thanks for sharing the chapter.

Jamie L Wilson posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 12:32pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Fantastic chapter, The more things change, the more they stay the same. Oh and I guess the timeline is really truly toast! Goodbye Draco, don't let the castle doors hit you on the butt.

Terry Chang posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 12:30pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

so here we go now in a total different future. can't wait.

glorfy posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 12:22pm for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Whooo!
the secret is out, a snake is fried, and love is in the air.
luckily, snapes greasy hair smell no longer is, so it actually has a chance to stay around a while.

once again, brilliant work.

WWIIIKitten posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 11:04am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

K, reread this chap and had a thought. Snape's out from under Dumbledore's supervision. He's evil. He knows about Sirius Black's innocence and Wormtail's importance. What are the odds that he plays a part in Wormtail's 'escape' and subsequent return to Voldie?

For that matter, the Malfoys will be furious and have little left to lose at this point.

And I'm thinking that the spy is a Ravenclaw, he/she for some reason needed to get into the seeker spot that Cho left open when she was injured.

Kit

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 10:05am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Ok, this chapter was worth the wait. It was a very fast read, and you did a pretty good job of pulling us into the scenes as they occurred. Regardless of what if anything Sirius has managed to collect so far, Harry's started his work to wipe Tom off the face of the planet once and for all. I can see the celebrations in the Great Hall at Dumbledore's announcement, though I would imagine that Harry regards Snape's departure as a mixed blessing at best. True, he won't be in the castle any more to harrass our crew, but on the other hand he's now going to be free to move about without any sort of easy way for Harry to monitor him in the future. I'm pretty sure that Dumbledore thinks Snape is working on his orders, but judging from Harry's original timeline I don't think that is going to end well.

Draco's been tossed out, and I don't think that Lucius has enough pull at the moment to get him re-instated next year, but I do foresee a higher Ministry involvement at Hogwarts, possibly even an early appearance of the High Inquisitor's posting, though I would imagine that Harry would be anticipating something from Lucius after this and be ready to implement any number of plans once he finds out what is going on. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if one thing he's considered involves a mass withdrawal of students to a home-schooling environment under his control, which would seem to be a ploy that neither the Ministry nor the Hogwarts Board of Governors could block.

And there's still the question of why Harry seemed to be hit with two different spell effects in that attack that put him in the coma. He might just presume that Snape was the other spellcaster, but if he's being properly paranoid, he will probably consider that there might be someone else working on the DE payroll at the school.

Also, I wonder if Harry considered the repercussions of having his friends use the cover story that he "dreamed" the events at the school while he was unconscious. If that isn't a trait that will draw the Divination professor like a bee to honey, I don't know what would be. If Harry doesn't sign up for Divination for Third Year, I still see him being held up in Sybil's classes as a classic example of someone who possesses the "Inner Eye". If that sort of thing doesn't drive him nuts, I expect that he will use it to the fullest advantage by making some general predictions and sitting back to watch the scramble as people watch to see if they occur.

Hopefully, Harry's about ready to let Dumbledore in on a bit more of his plan with the coming year. I don't think that it will do him much good to keep the Headmaster in the dark much longer, and it could even start reducing his ability to maneuver events in the future. On the other hand, he has been consistently proving to Dumbledore that he is getting the job done when it counts, so maybe that will continue to buy him the necessary latitude in the upcoming year.

Good luck with the next chapter, I'll definitely be looking forward to it.

cmatbmed posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 9:29am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Great chapter and story.

I like how fate keeps coming back with many of the same themes. Thank dog Snape and Draco are gone I could never understand how Dumbledore could put up with him as a teacher. I also am glad to see that Harry is starting to heal from his future memories.

Thanks

CootiePatootie posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 8:52am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

WoW! I do love this story. Your re-take on the Chamber was excellent. Bully for you getting rid (?) of Draco, too. Love it love it love it.
So, ol' Snapie-poo was in on the polyjuice, hmmmm? I like the way you've neatly nipped him from the picture as well.
This story is fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Just when I think there are not anymore good fanfics, you update this one and I'm good for another little while!!

Cheers!

Cassie

Lira posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 8:18am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Wow! Brilliant chapter. *finally remembers to breathe* ;) Wow, getting rid of Draco and Snape! Great work! :D Looking forward to what's next!

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 7:31am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

I'd say it's toast at this point. Draco's been ejected, Dobby is still free, Snape bins *himself* (he's off to spy on the Death Eaters). There is still the matter of the Rat, Sirius, and Crouch Junior. Still, I wonder: who's gong to teach *Potions* next year? (It's expected that Remus Lupin will still teach Defense.)

Bernd Jacobitz posted a comment on Sunday 14th May 2006 7:19am for ...All Hell Breaks Loose!

Excelent work!
Some of it realy outstanding. I like the stringent and logically correct evolving of events. And I do think the chapter end is one of the best I ever read. It's not really a cliffy but leaves one aching for the updat nontheless.