Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Uldihaa posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 12:38pm for Returning to Konoha

Wow, this fic continues to delight me with each chapter. The growth of Team 8, both as individuals and as a team, is steady and believable. I love the way that you give each of them attention.

I love the way Shino goes off on a tirade (for an Aburame anyway) when talking to his father. I'm also pleased to see that Naruto has noticed how unhappy Hinata's family makes her. Inviting her to train with him and Lee was a great way to get her away from her family, at least for awhile. The mental image of the way Hinata must have looked after that 'shocking' jutsu was both amusing and rather cute :)

I hope that the genins of Team 8's curiosity about their sensei's genin team will both bring more of what happened to them to light, and help Kurenai to heal from that tragedy.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Travis Slone posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 12:27pm for Returning to Konoha

I have enjoyed this story since you posted the first chapter on ffn.net. You have taken characters that were 2-dimensional for the most part and fleshed them out into well-rounded characters that the reader cannont help but identify with. You have provided Naruto with the things he needs most to become strong; friendship, guidance, and understanding. I have recommended your story to many of my friends and even had one add it to his favorites list before he even finished the first chapter. Eagarly awaiting more, but I'm also a fan of Nightmares of Futures Past and Out of the Darkness, so write where the muse takes you and I know that quality takes time, and quality is something your works have in abundance.

Sebastian Palm posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 12:02pm for Returning to Konoha

Nice surprise, getting the update notice for this today. Worth waiting for!

I especially loved Shino's declaration to his pop - ouch, man. Way to dismantle poor dear dad... I wish someone could manage to do the same to Hiashi too, though. I wonder how long it will take Naruto and Shino to instill enough confidence into Hinata for her to tell her own dad off like that...

Good work, anyway!

Acyl posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 11:40am for Returning to Konoha

I continue to be impressed by your grasp of the Naruto cast - the way you really understand each character's personality, fully explore their thoughts, and...just bring 'em to life so very well. That's the real strength of this story, I think.

This chapter really drives that home. There's so much depth to each section...and it's brilliant how you have the actual narrative voice, the word choice and sentence structure, change to reflect who's point of view the story's following. The Hinata and Shino parts at the end of this chapter were particularly powerful.

Neat. Damn neat.

Sophophobia posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 10:53am for Returning to Konoha

Awesome! You're, like, the bestest author ever!!! You've made my day by updating! XD

I will give you a cookie if you update soon(with in a reasonable amount of time, of course. like, a month, or two? before Christmas? I don't expect you to update tomorrow, for instance, because we all have things to do that take precedence over fanfiction.)!

- Sopho, who loves your stories, and is attempting to bribe you.

patsh posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 10:17am for Returning to Konoha

A wonderful chapter. The character development in this story has been excellent, and I feel very on. Keep up the great work, and thank you for your continued writing.

My favorite line this chapter: "Hinata’s family sucked worse than cold ramen."

Harry James posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 9:56am for Returning to Konoha

The author's notes on this chapter had me laughing! I find your artistic skill and talent for literature to be of a very high quality, and I very much enjoy every second of it!!! If I have ever said something rude or impatient, I profusely apologize. All I ask is that you never stop writing due to agitation at others. Rather, only finish when you finish, to maintain the writing integrity that you have shown since time I first read your Harry Potter fan fic, and have addictively enjoyed ever since. Thank you.

Quizer posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 9:50am for Returning to Konoha

Thanks for having written another chapter for us to enjoy. It is every bit as masterful as the prior ones and I find myself already anticipating the next one.

It's nice to see that Naruto is making good progress at slowly deprogramming Hinata's conditioning. The results achieved in this chapter are invaluable, and the day when she may finally take a stand doesn't seem that far off anymore.

We're also finally learning something about Kurenai's sensei and her past, however little information it actually is. I guess the three genin hearing about him, and Kurenai opening up to them is far more important.

Hinata training with Lee and Gai-sensei is also great, and an important step to boost her growth. I was taken by surprise that Naruto trusts Lee enough to tell him about the Kyuubi just like that, but apparently he values him as a friend just, or nearly as much as his teammates.

Shino speaking up on Naruto's behalf is priceless. You have a way with words that make it clear even without your explaining words in the next paragraph just how intensely he feels about the issue. His harsh words of judgment are more powerful than an apoplectic fit of rage could ever hope to be. I'm looking forward to seeing that discussion with the clan elders. Please promise us it will be shown in the story!!

Write more soon! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

Quizer

anonymous5 posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 9:45am for Returning to Konoha

Spectacular chapter. You've spoiled us with twice-a-month updates on your stories, so going a week extra without one was like - well, like a bowl of ramen that you could smell but not taste! THOROUGHLY worth the wait, though. I'm sorry you had to post that "personal note;" please take all the time you need... just don't drop off the face of the planet like certain other first-rate authors on this site ;)

Jonathan Moore posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 9:14am for Returning to Konoha

Your story is one of the best- if not the best- Naruto stories I have had the pleasure of reading. I look forward to your next update.

Yenom posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 9:06am for Returning to Konoha

Wow I love this chapter, the level Shino is taking it to is grand. Not to mention Lee not even batting an Eye at Naruto being the Kyuubi Cage, just right into "The Powers of Youth" talk that is so him.

This chapter left me burning with anticipation for the next; to see how Iruka is, how Shino handles the talks the his clan head (Which if they are as logical as they should be, I hope it see a twist or two on how they were tricked into taking a stance), and of course Gai taking Lee with Naruto and Hinata to Celebrate. (Where Gai first learn of Lee's Drunken Fight skill in the show, so the Scene should be a blast to read if he still gets his hand on some sake)

Anyway love this story, So thanks for sharing it with us, as it always cheers me up ever time I read through it.

William Fowler posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 9:05am for Returning to Konoha

Great chapter Matthew! I'm glad to see Naruto opening up and Hinata coming into her own! Shino is still being enigmatic, but he also is learning to more effectively become part of the team.

I can't wait too see the reactions to the Hyuuga Clan when they find out Naruto and Hinata were on a 'date' which would be the natural reaction of any villager seeing them on the streets, of course this is your universe, so I'm not gonna dictate anything.

Great chapter and thank you for sharing,

William!

Andrew Norris posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 8:47am for Returning to Konoha

Yay! More, more, more.

Very nice, and within canon of their personalities, I belive.


Still fun to see more of this. I blame YOU for getting me into Naruto period...

A.

NeoFenrir posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 8:44am for Returning to Konoha

As with the rest of your work, this latest chapter was excellent. I can't wait to see Shino going at his clan Elders, and I so desperately, desperately want to see Naruto giving the Hyuuga clan a good swift kick in the ass.

I'm curious to see how you're going to fit Jiraiya into this story, if you do at all. I'm also quite anxious to see your portrayal of Gaara, as he is one of my favorite characters in the show. Keep up the good work, and don't let life (or that aforementioned 'small portion') get you down.

gummihu posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 8:02am for Returning to Konoha

Whoop!! He/she/it is alive, with a great chapter as usual.
You know, Hinatas reaction torwards her family reminds me uncomfortably much about the reaction of a rape victim, I hope I'm wrong though.

Perrix posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 7:57am for Returning to Konoha

I really enjoy how you characterize Shino, as he has very little time to show himself in the Anime or manga.

Any idea where this story is going to steer into with Akatsuki or anything like that? Or the Chuunin exams?

Looking forward to your next chapter, as always - Perrix

shyamseshadri posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 7:28am for Returning to Konoha

Awesome chappie. I loved the way you handled Naruto's emotions with regards to revealing his secret to his friends. Like how Lee and Gai are characterized, so close to canon. Shino's characterization is extremely believable, and close to the anime, even though we rarely see him. I can actually see canon Shino doing what your Shino does. Keep up the great job. Can't wait for the next update.

Darrell1 posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 7:26am for Returning to Konoha

Nice Nice Great to see that you psated this, can't wait for more. So i was wondering if there was gonna be anyone for Shino to be with since it would be cool to see him with someone. Of course it would be kinda hard to write at this point in time considering how he is so maybe in a couple years. Well can't wait for the next chapter and the Chuunin Exams. I can just tell its gonna be great.


Oh yeah is this gonna have Kakashi bashing in it?

WWIIIKitten posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 7:10am for Returning to Konoha

Another solid chapter. I'm particularly impressed with your depiction of Shino and his rather emotional response to his friend's predicament.

Kit

MercuryBlue posted a comment on Saturday 7th October 2006 6:51am for Returning to Konoha

"Hinata’s family sucked worse than cold ramen."

Naruto has a positive gift for description, doesn't he?

And I like how "Shino’s statement was the equivalent, in Aburame terms, of shouting himself hoarse and setting all their houses on fire."