Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Nights Silhoutte posted a comment on Sunday 3rd February 2013 8:49pm for Returning to Konoha

A great chapter.

Jeffrey Meehan posted a comment on Saturday 20th June 2009 1:16pm for Returning to Konoha

Something is wrong with this chapter the text is staying really small

crystalscan posted a comment on Friday 24th April 2009 3:27pm for Returning to Konoha

Viridian,

I love your work. When I get to the most recent chapter I will leave a longer review. Thank you so much for your effort and time.

Don't let the ignorant get you down.

Gena posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 4:01pm for Returning to Konoha

i hope that naruto finds out who is dad is soon

Chris posted a comment on Thursday 24th May 2007 1:18pm for Returning to Konoha

very nice work on all of these so far, i'm heavily impressed and hope you'll keep updating for a VERY long time.

E.G. posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd May 2007 5:39pm for Returning to Konoha

I love this version much better . It makes me think of all the possibilities for Naruto and his teammates.

Chris Jenks posted a comment on Wednesday 13th December 2006 6:41am for Returning to Konoha

It's strange. I can't stand the Naruto anime or manga, but I'm enjoying this story a great deal. Perhaps it's just because I like Hinata more than any other characters.

On the other hand, maybe it's just that I enjoy your writing.

I'm looking forward to the next update... whenever it is.

Kyle Bissett posted a comment on Sunday 3rd December 2006 11:32pm for Returning to Konoha

You seem to have made significant progress on Naruto's issues, and now need to work on Hinata's. The first step is to get her to reveal her self-image to her teammates. The solution that Naruto would take would be to point out that he doesn't consider her a failure. The solution that Shino would take would be to point out that her father has apparently predetermined that Hinata is a disappointment, so anything she does that isn't absolutely perfect is a sign of absolute failure in his eyes, perfection being an impossible goal. He could point out that the start of her father's disapproval came from her being weak enough to be kidnapped several years ago, while Hinaba is not getting similar treatment for when SHE was kidnapped (you'd think that needing to be rescued by a 'failure' would be a matter worthy of shame).

Hinata would be better off using her savings from missions to get an apartment and move out of her home before somebody decides to put a Branch House seal on her. She shouldn't be wasting her time trying to win the approval of someone not worthy of respect.

kittykatluver posted a comment on Saturday 2nd December 2006 4:29pm for Returning to Konoha

I wanted you to know that this is my most favorite Naruto fanfiction that I have ever read. I find it fascinating how you weave different tid-bits into the story; like Kurenai's recollection of Mattai, and the "Yellow Flash" part. Keep doing this and I think that this fanfiction will be one of the most popular (Naruto category, of course...I really only read Harry Potter, Full Metal Alchemist, and Naruto). I also enjoy NoFP; I think it is the most unique time-travel FF's I can ever recall reading.
Keep up the good work!
P.S.-Over at FanFiction.net, my profile is EvilMonkeyInMyCloset; if you want to read any of my favorites, go ahead. It's not like I could stop you...(haha)

RyokoTenchi posted a comment on Saturday 2nd December 2006 5:17am for Returning to Konoha

as always Matthew i love this fic and hope to see the next earth-shattering chapter out soon. ^^

RyokoTenchi

Jen posted a comment on Saturday 18th November 2006 4:07am for Returning to Konoha

I truely enjoy reading all of your stories, though I admit that Team 8 is my favorite. I like how you have come up with a realistic view of how a different influence could affect how Naruto is perceived. Keep up the good work!

potterfan posted a comment on Thursday 9th November 2006 6:18pm for Returning to Konoha

I should be leaving nine reviews, but I was much too enamored with your story to even write a review. Profuse apologies for this!

The story is very well written and quite an interesting AU of the Naruto world. I had a bit of an issue in the beginning in your handling of Sakura, who imo begins to respect Naruto for his skill as they work together on a team. When Sasuke is taken, she's concerned about Naruto as well. Just because she doesn't return Naruto's feelings I don't think that makes her a bad person. Still a kid in the earlier part of the anime. They've all matured quite well.

Back to your story (sorry for going awol there). This is the first Naruto fan-fic I've read, I don't think I'll be reading many others because the quality of this will be hard to match I'm sure. You're really built on the characters really well. You've got me really interested in all the team members, the instructors, and small plot seeds sewn all over the place.

I don't necessarily agree with Naruto changing so fast ... I think it would take much longer. I also wonder how you will bring Ero-Sannin (come on I have to say that - as an aside ... Kakashi reads books written by him???) into the picture. Not sure if you're planning on merging story points into this, or even how far into the story you are planning on making this, but I eagerly await the next chapter.

Nightmares of Future's Past is great too! Read all of that as well ... but this one was just a lot of fun to read ... finished it all in one day - not recommended when you're trying to get work done :p

Good job!

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Tuesday 24th October 2006 4:36am for Returning to Konoha

Nice work on the chapter, I really dug the talk with the Hokage and the kids reactions to things there. Also great idea with the talk/request of Kurnai at the aftermission dinner. Good job on the training, hope they can come up with a way to help hinata or boost her confidence to where she can smack down Neji or at least her B---h sister.

Barlo posted a comment on Monday 16th October 2006 7:48am for Returning to Konoha

Love the story although i wish you updated more it's worth the wait! I do wonder how the story will go when/if jiraiya(sp?) trains him before the chunnin exams and the time skip overall great story so far

none posted a comment on Sunday 15th October 2006 8:00pm for Returning to Konoha

--I really enjoy the Team 8 fanfic and it is my second favorite after "Two Halves". I do hope you won't punish your loyal fans due to a few "Obscene, threatening, and insulting messages, emails and reviews ...." If you have time crunch problems that another writer could help w/ then drop an e-mail. I might also consider funding this project with a small donation, enough for a small treat to help offset your costs.


P.S. -- The e-mail address is real although I only check it weekly.

Manatheron posted a comment on Tuesday 10th October 2006 8:48am for Returning to Konoha

WOW O.O

Who knew that shino could be so forceful in communicating emotions while remaining almost completely emotionless.

Excelle work!

Adrian R Brown posted a comment on Tuesday 10th October 2006 4:38am for Returning to Konoha

Another great chapter. I find myself yearning for the Shino portions more and more. Can't wait to see his big meeting with the Elders.

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Monday 9th October 2006 7:32am for Returning to Konoha

Are cajoling, begging and pleading messages okay? 'Cause I am so there, dude. :)

This chapter is the first fanfiction, ever, that I've read at work just because I couldn't wait until I got home to read it.

As always, this is basically everything I could ever want in a Naruto fic. And yeah, I wish new chapters appeared faster, but as long as they continue to appear at all, I will be here, cheering my head off.

Thanks!

liquidfyre posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 9:13pm for Returning to Konoha

*puts his spork away for now but lets you see the shiny sharpened spines on it first*

good chapter you are saved for now but update soon Please

OR ELSE

MUAHAHAHAHAAAA

AK posted a comment on Sunday 8th October 2006 2:41pm for Returning to Konoha

Kurenai considered the girl for a moment. While she damned Hiashi for systematically destroying the girl’s sense of worth, his actions seem to have given her motivation to work harder, rather than just giving up. It was too bad her father was too stupid to see her stubborn determination and acknowledge it for what it was. "I appreciate your desire to improve, Hinata, but I don’t think the morning sessions with Gai would be much help to you. They are working on standard taijutsu forms, not Jyuuken. The styles are so different that you would be re-learning everything from step one. I also hate to mention this, but I think your father would have strong objections to you learning another style, at least for now."
-->
You said that in the third chappie I think, so um what will happen now?

Also I find that your characters are a bit too mature, they analyse the situations and always come to the right conclusions, or not always but too often.

Except for that, great chapter :)

Viridian replied:

Hello!

Looks like Kurenai doesn't always have all the answers, does she? Of course, there are other factors involved here as well - like Hinata isn't being trained in Goken so much as getting lots of practice using Jyuuken to  fight Goken Taijutsu users. And the extra time with people who value her can only help.

These genin have had several months of training under a very bright, determined, intellectual woman who is wholly committed to making sure that her students are as well-prepared as possible so they don't die like her old teammates did. That's the main reason Team-8 Naruto is nowhere near as stupid as he is in canon.  

That said, the things they are reasoning out at not rocket science. Naruto is still clueless about Hinata feelings for himself. Shino initially underestimated Naruto quite badly. Hinata can't objectively see her own worth. They have major blind spots, but their team helps them compensate.

And as for maturity, you do realize that they may be called on to commit what we would call cold-blooded murders, right? The Khmer Rouge has nothing on these kids. (Even in the canon, they often act more like 15-17 year olds than 12-13 year olds.)