Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Anthony May posted a comment on Friday 6th June 2008 3:18pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

I just went back and re-read the story because I love it so much! Please do not abandon this, I know it's taken a couple of years for you and I wish you had more time to work on it. This is the best of the best. I cannot wait for your updates. Keep up the best work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IamNotawriter posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 3:07pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

So far a well crafted story. Thanks for letting us read it.

Comment Re. the low feedback stats. Personally, I try to wait for a story to get enough chapters posted that I'm confident the author knows where the story is going to go and will finish it, before I get involved in it. (Not that I don't like the occaisional cliffhanger at the end of a chapter.) I'm also impatient enough that I want to go on to the next chapter immediately. These two factors combined, I'll usually wait until having read an entire posting before leaving a review.

Observation, Re. the sheets charmed to be water repellent Harry's first Quidditch season vs back to the umbrellas second season. I understand that the sheets were needed for the scene at the end of the match, but to completely ignore their existence after going to the trouble of inventing them in the first place, is an inconsistency that bothers me.

Viridian replied:

After realizing that Quidditch goes on, no matter how nasty the weather, smart fans would pack an umbrella or two in their trunks, rather than having to improvise something like they did the year before...

morriganscrow posted a comment on Wednesday 7th May 2008 12:39am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Excellent chapter, rich with plot bunnies and fine characterizations.
You have a masterful touch with dialogue too.

Roozette posted a comment on Friday 2nd May 2008 3:19am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Yeah! You updated! May I just take the opportunity to tell you that I think your story is tres fab! Your attention to detail and the way you blend the parallel memories together are so far beyond reproach. I send you millions of virtual hugs and kisses ;)

Also... hmm. I see how the argument between the adults was hard to write. But I think you pulled off parental concern and protectiveness in comparrison to reality very well. Plus, the public homage to Hermione was beautifully touching. I'm glad Harry is allowing himself access to memories that will help his friends with more problems than simply the war...

As always, I applaud your brilliance.

Kisses!
Roo

Lady_Readwolf posted a comment on Thursday 1st May 2008 2:49am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

How thrilled I was to find this new chapter! (At first I was worried because I didn't see it posted as a special notice to the List, but I've been watching that meter on your site like a hawk and *knew* it *had* to be coming *soon*!) In preparation, I recently sat down and reread the entirety of NoFP...and am pleased to say, I still thoroughly enjoy this story! Wonderfully and believably told.
I love how the story's changing, how even the tiniest of changes are starting to have unpredictable effects! And even more thrilling is how the echoes of the past are repeating! As is the case with Slughorn--instead of harvesting a huge, man-eating spider, they're harvesting (and proffitting from) the basilisk...which does make me wonder what happened to the original.
And I'm enjoying Harry's "regression" at points, too, as he's slowly learning to let go of his Future's past and make his own decisioins based on the NOW.
I'm amused by the children's interaction with each other, among themselves, and with others. I think it's important (for those readers who were apparently complaining that the kids were 'too young') to remember that they *are* preteens. It doesn't matter that two of the girls are "only" 12; they are *definitely* thinking about boyfriends and hand holding and snuggling and being cute and maybe even daringly more--some snogs maybe a bit of petting. The boys might still be a bit confused by the whole 'girl-thing', but if they're even remotely like my sixth and seventh graders, they're more than up to the challenge of a little exploration. Hermione's also in a bit of a tough spot socially as well, I think. Being an only child tends to make one more sociable with an older or younger group instead of one's own age group. Harry's obviously helped with this due to his own circumstances, and it's really helped Hermione. I really enjoy watching her bloom. And more, I like how you've incorporated some of Future Harry's memories when he goes and tries to make things better, as seen with the interaction with the parents--going back to summer and having "study groups" at Hermione's. And the confrontation with the parents... I can understand why one might have trouble with that; it's a tricky situation, but you handled it well. As a rule, fathers tend to be overly protective of their daughters, and watching Mr. Granger's focus shift from Harry-as-a-potential-threat to Ron was quite amusing. But now with this basilisk... I can completely agree with his reasoning for wanting to remove her (it does make me wonder what was told to the Grangers in the original story line...something I'd never considered before). The confrontation could have been drawn out more, but then, we don't exactly know what happened before the children arrived, do we? And Madame Longbottom... I'm glad Neville stood up to her, but I was tickled by her intimidating Granger and Weasley with the check.
Which leads me to the pranking of that one boy. It was good. It was refreshing. It was *normal*! I really felt good about seeing Harry and his friends enter in some good, old-fashioned (?) pranking, and I would honestly like to see or hear tell of some more of it. Nothing mean-spirited as we've heard tale of some of the original Mauraders' trips, but some good kid fun and teasing. I really think the group over all could use the fun and "normalacy"... especially since the horocruxes are, well, not quite taken care of but they're had. Sirius is somewhat safe--healthy and fed and warm in a bed, or pile of linens anyway. Wormtail is out of reach, not much to do there, and really, those two compromised the majority of the third book. There are the dementors to deal with, and it sounds like you're leading us to some confrontation with them and the students (are you really planning an attack in Hogsmeade?). Still... there's been so much hype and drama and tragedy... I would really appreciate it, if you can work it into the running plot, some more interludes of light-hearted fun.
I'm trying to think of what else I meant to comment on, but I've run out of time. Thank you very much for writting such an intriguing story, and I hope time and your muses conspire to bring us the next chapter soon!
~ andrea_readwolf@hotmail.com

Eric Heldman posted a comment on Saturday 26th April 2008 12:50pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Without a doubt, my favorite (on-going) HP fanfic. I love the sweeping ambition of it all, and the desire to write characters that are believable evolutions of those from canon. Thanks for the story and especially for keeping at it!

Rexnos posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2008 3:55pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Ah... It's been so long since I've read any of this story... When you came out with this chapter, I went back and re-read the entire thing. It was just as wonderful the second time through.

I liked the short bit about Harry and Ginny's relationship in this chapter. It's interesting to watch the pair's minds fight with their bodies. They're very emotionally and mentally connected to each other and in the next book or two, I can't see them NOT getting together, but right now they're caught in an interesting limbo. I know there won't be much of a focus on their relationship for perhaps dozens of chapters, but I read this fic mainly for the character development and plot progression anyway, the romance is just a fluffy bonus.

Anyway, I generally tend to forget what I want to comment on while I'm reading a chapter, so I'm done. Keep writing more awesomeness please.

Later,
Rex

liquidfyre posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2008 9:25am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

bounces around insanely and claps his hands in glee

i forgive you for waiting so long to update considering the several that have been up in the last month and all of them exquisite. although i did wanna know how much they got for snakey-poo. Very good story overall so far and i think my fav of this part was when Madame longbottom snaked weasley and granger on the check heh

*puts his bag o' critters away for now*

you have earned a reprieve at least for the moment continue the good work and you may need never find out the extent of the bags contents

Viridian replied:

Dang, and me was getting hungry too!

*goes back to suppressing Inner Ogre*

tangentsferret posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2008 7:44am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Woo-hoo, an update! Thank you for continuing to write this story, which is one of the more enjoyable and well written out here, in my opinion.

Poor Ginny! Won't Mrs Weasley be disappointed in her ornament, given how fancy-schmancy all the others are? I mean, there they are, hanging on the tree, Quidditch cup, chess knight, picture frame, animated Snitch (I hope we get a scene where it comes flying out of the packing box the minute the box is opened or something, wouldn't that be cool?) and so forth, and there's Ginny's: plain old round green thing. I hope she doesn't get a lecture on working harder in Transfiguration!

Incidentally, does it show that I actually ended up re-reading the whole thing this time?(grin)

Anthony May posted a comment on Thursday 24th April 2008 2:06pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Well, I must say that I het so excited when I see your updates. It's like Christmas for me. This story is so awesome and I can't wait to see what happens - but then again, I never want this story to end. Keep up the great work! Probably the best work in all of Fan Fic - Erik Wiggins (alias Anthony May)

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Thursday 24th April 2008 1:33pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Very nice. Ollivander's comments make a most unwelcome source of yet MORE worry about what you'll put poor Harry through yet. What a nasty horrible author you are. We want more.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd April 2008 11:53am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

It's great to see a new chapter. It's a good one and I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this with us.

She Who Must Be Obeyed posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd April 2008 6:14am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Oooooh, I was so excited when I realised that you had updated this story I squealed very loudly and got the strangest looks from all of my family! This was a great chapter and well worth the wait. I love the way that this story is progressing and the impact that Harry's future knowledge is having. I am very intrigued by the 'forces moving to oppose him' and can't wait to find out what they are. This is one of the few stories that I don't mind waiting for an update on because it is always of such a high quality. Keep up the good work!

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd April 2008 4:05am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Quick question: Would a British-raised boy who's never AFAIK been in the US use the phrase "a dime a dozen?" Or did this Harry pick it up from his association with the Americans?

lukeshkothaare posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 7:28pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

As always.... extremely engrossing.
Cant wait for the book to be completed ... going to print it out and read the entire thing again ;)

millercommamatt posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 2:37pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

It's great to see an update to this fic. I like how in this story, more than just about any other I've read, that Harry has to pay careful consideration to his interactions with other not just in terms of consequence, but in context as well. This story isn't like other stories where Harry can just dictate his will and act with impunity to the machinations of others. Harry because of his perceived age and his need to keep his true agenda hidden has to take great care to achieve his aims not not alienate potential allies. I think this makes for a richer and much more true-to-life tapestry of relationships and interactions than is found in just about any other fic available. I commend your work and I hope to see more of it soon. Thanks for the entertainment!

Jiapa posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 2:33pm for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Yay! An update. A lovely chapter which, to the detriment of my work today, inspired me to go back and re-read the whole darn thing.

It's a fantastic story that flows well, with plausible and engaging character development. I am, of course, already looking forward to the next chapter.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 11:17am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Nice chapter that was well, well worth the wait. I loved how Harry knew just how to frame the Slug club party to maintain by Ron's and Hermione's interest. The meeting of parents was rather interesting and I loved the way Harry moved out when needed to debate Mr. Grainger and explain matters to him; I rather suspect Mr. Grainger might not be all that surprised if he heard Harry's full story. I did like the advice Harry gave Luna at the end as it appears he is learning to deal with *his* past, all of it.

I've no doubt that forces are arraying to move against Harry and his friends. The Malfoys and their clique are a certainty given how Harry's embarassed them and damaged plans of theirs but I've no doubt that Fudge & Co. and other purebloods won't hesitate to go after them, ether. Once again, Harry's going to receive that old curse about "interesting times"; I don't think he can, or is constitutionally able to, avoid it.

smog2187 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 10:28am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

As always you have a great chapter, even if your update schedule leaves a bit to be desired.

A couple things you might want to change is the part where you wrote 'MacGonagall' instead of 'McGonagall' two or three times and 'Kings Crossing' instead of 'King's Cross' once. Funny errors considering they were spelled correctly later in the story.

Viridian replied:

Yeah, they're fixed now. Those snuck past me and all three betas too. Sheesh.

Isabelle Bernier posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 10:14am for The Slughorn that Stole Christmas

Great chapter. I found a little mistake; it's King's Cross not Kings Crossing.

Viridian replied:

Thanks, it's been fixed.