Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 28th March 2006 3:55pm for Who you gonna call...?

A very effective solution. I don't want to advocate terrorism but in some cases nothing else would get accross. Thank you for writing. pms

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 25th March 2006 9:30am for Who you gonna call...?

Good story. I can see Fudge & Company doing something stupid and underhanded like that. I'm glad Harry had the brains to get help and deal with the smucks! Thanks for writing.
pms

Josh Rand posted a comment on Tuesday 21st March 2006 7:36am for Who you gonna call...?

not bad. not bad at all.

John posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 9:54am for Who you gonna call...?

wicked story realy good ur the best aouthor i know. Sequel?

draconix posted a comment on Thursday 2nd March 2006 1:52pm for Who you gonna call...?

I believe I reviewed this somewhere else, but if I hadn't, then know you get two tumbs up from me :)

HermioneGreen posted a comment on Thursday 2nd March 2006 4:08am for Who you gonna call...?

Awesome tale. At first I thought it was Harry that was the ... freelancer ... butyour way is just a s good ^_~

'Mione

Steven Augart posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 10:09am for Who you gonna call...?

That was a fine story. I enjoy reading Potterverse stuff which takes a different perspective instead of just rerunning the same characters through oh-so-similar situations.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Friday 24th February 2006 5:42am for Who you gonna call...?

Really, really clever. I've never considered and 'outside' solution to this internal problem.

And I always like Fudge getting scrammed in one way or another. Exploding head will do, but it's too fast, and no personal embarrassment before he goes. (Maniacal Grin.)

Great short.

Rick Gale posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2006 4:15am for Who you gonna call...?

Great story!

Haven't you heard of 'Riley Ace of Spys'. Great Character for your agent to be based on.

Look forward to more stories from you.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Saturday 18th February 2006 4:38pm for Who you gonna call...?

I like this the best of all of your stories - When one has tried every avenue of negotiation, assasination of those seeking to perpetrate evil is no sin, or crime. Wish governments did a little more of this and a little less of War on (fill in the Blank) that let the leaders go scot free.
great work - thanks so much for sharing
Warmest regards
Ken

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Friday 17th February 2006 11:23am for Who you gonna call...?

Believable. DEFINITELY believable. While Dumbledore would work behind the scenes, Harry would take a more *direct* approach, especially if he had Plausible Deniability. Harry Potter is VERY much a believer in the "Fight Fire With Fire" school of dealing with the bad guys (which has always been a bone of contention between himself and Dumbledore, and, to an extent, between him and Hermione). While he'd MUCH rather stab them right in the chest, he'll backstab them given no other options.

Arkeus posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 9:30pm for Who you gonna call...?

shudder. Not going on half a mind, are you?
i was hesitating to read that, as i hate marriage law thing. But this is great!
Good work :-)

Viridian replied:

Well, my wife has accused me of being a half-wit, so...

And yeah, as a rule I hate marriage law stories as well. I wrote this in one sitting after reading about twenty of them. Yeah, I was in a mood... =)

Duraiken posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 4:10pm for Who you gonna call...?

Hmmm... How to describe the first impression I had of this when I read it for the first time? Lemme think a min., s'been a while...

Quite frankly, when I originally read this story a month or two ago, I didn't quite get it (which really isn't all that unusual for me, annoyingly enough.) Second time through, though, and I realized what exactly I was reading - and I like it. Still do really, this my, what fith or sixth time through? Heh, overall, a nice response to the 'enforced marriage' thing that had been floating around, though I only caught a few of the fics that followed the tread. Just wish there was a little more to it. I mean, there's only so much you can do with this subject as the core in the spirit that this was meant, but I do think this could have been taken a little farther (maybe a couple dozen more pages, not really any more chapters IMHO.) Still a worthy effort though, not to mention a great short snack of a story.

Viridian replied:

I sort of wanted to keep this short and to the point... kind of like Riley is telling the story in a smoky bar in some humid locale in the middle of nowhere...

Though I suppose there is an opportunity for a sequel, if the inspiration strikes.

Giovanni posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 4:00pm for Who you gonna call...?

Nice fic,

I particularly enjoyed the line:

"Who knew a campaign of terrorism could be so morally uplifting?"

Struck me as funny. Definately an interesting take on what Harry's reaction to a Marriage Law would be.

Viridian replied:

Thanks, I had way too much fun with some of Riley's one-liners.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 1:20pm for Who you gonna call...?

"People began to seek me out of the really touchy jobs."

Souldn't that be "People began to seek me out for the really touchy jobs."
- - - - - - -
"At this rate the fifth, sixth, and seventh year classes will be decimated."

Argh, you hit one of my "hot buttons", bad use of language; decimate comes from an old Roman custom of punishing enemies by selecting one out of every ten men for execution. It's current use to mean devastated or "seriously destroyed" irks me considerably. *chuckle* And not just me, you should see the rant Donald Hamilton worked into a "Matt Helm" novel on the subject; IIRC, the same novel where he gave a rather pungent opinion of what happened at Kent State.

Sorry for the nitpicking above, but those two stood out to me. 'Tis a most enjoyable read and I can see just that happening. *G* Why do I think Fred and George, if they're still around, might contribute a few "toys" to the effort?

Viridian replied:

1. I agree with the first point. It is a typo and I need to fix it when I get a chance.

2. Decimated has become a victim of common usage. Last time I checked, "ain't" had earned a spot in the dictionary as well. If real people can mis-use the word, why can't imaginary ones? (For example: In NFP, Harry quotes the old saw about Einstein failing algebra - which is actually an urban myth. Harry, however, didn't know any better, so it makes sense.)

I'm also sure Riley could come up with a few new uses of WWW products that Gred and Forge never dreamt of...

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 11:20am for Who you gonna call...?

*chuckle* I like that one and it plays so true to reality. I like Riley, he's the kind of 'ace in the hole" you sometimes need. What would be interesting is to see him, Hermione, and Harry sit down, let their hair down, and discuss various techniques and gadgets, perhaps with Fred and George in on the gadgets.

Jayy posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 10:33am for Who you gonna call...?

I liked this, especially Riley. A very original way of dealing with the marriage law.

Jayy

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 9:24am for Who you gonna call...?

Heh. A fun story. They should have done this ages ago, when old Moldievort was still around :) Liked the first person PoV and the sarcastic style :)

Quizer

Regress posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 8:39am for Who you gonna call...?

Loved the story when I read it on FF.net, love it more this time around. BTW, what's the "black lotus" that he rolled up a ring of in southeast asia? Because I could swear I've heard of black lotus from somewhere, although I can't seem to remember where. It does make me think of the story "Flying without a broom" though.

Good work, love the character and way he's portrayed, and I find it quite a bit more likely a response from Harry and the crew to the old marriage law plot bunny of doom.

Viridian replied:

You probably heard of Black Lotus in conjunction with Magic: The Gathering cards.

*stuffs inner geek back inside himself*

The sound of it makes me think of rare drugs and Southeast Asia, so I 'borrowed' the term.

Nanio posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 4:45am for Who you gonna call...?

I reviewed this story when I first saw it, but you weren't on this site at the time. I just wanted to remind you that I still think that this story is very well written and very... Professional.