Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Lynn Terald posted a comment on Friday 31st August 2007 5:21am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

It took me an entire week to read the entire story once I really got into it and now I'm eally excited to read your newest chapter. I can't believe you'd be collecting rejection letters if your fanfics are this good.

Banner posted a comment on Wednesday 29th August 2007 7:36am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Oh, damn. I really hoped Melissa wouldn't suffer for helping Harry. Poor Millicent. This story never fails to enthrall.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 25th August 2007 12:14am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Nice chapter. Very nice. Hehehe. I loved the quid match and the dialogue/play between the twins ron and ginny. excellent job. Neat bit with the tea for sure. Sad to see melissa go but hey it hppens and such. Good job with the reactions and handlings of things. CheerS!

Quizer posted a comment on Friday 24th August 2007 10:40pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Great chapter! You still have what it takes, obviously...

Loved the scene with Neville and his Grandmother. Neville stated his position with a bluntness that even gave his Grandmother pause, and it appears for now that she has seen the light... Also good to see Harry watching over his friends from the shadows. Might not be entirely healthy, but it sure cuts down on the probability of anyone being caught alone and unawares by a surprise attack...

Too bad Melissa died... I liked her. Guess this means the kid gloves are coming off... on both sides. I'd surprised if Harry doesn't take this as a personal offence and acts accordingly. I also wonder whether Millicent will accept Harry's offer of support.

Like the plan to upgrade the Hogwarts wards... But what is that favor Goldfarb asked for, I wonder...?

Well, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully Harry will start *ferreting* out the murderer.

until next chapter!


Quizer

harrysfriend posted a comment on Friday 24th August 2007 4:50am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

I love this story. I am tempted to ask you to hurry with new updates but I fear that will negatively affect the quality of the story. So take all the time you need.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Thursday 23rd August 2007 11:46pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Fantastic as always to see this updated. I love the way poor Neville stands up to his Gran. I think you're the first person to recognise how violent the Longbottom family is towards him. I can't quite believe you killed her and so casually! I think poor Harry will feel more than somewhat tortured over this, though it's good to see him find some source of comfort by going to Millicent. Excellent chapter, as always, more please.

Le1hargy posted a comment on Thursday 23rd August 2007 7:00pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Fantastic. Inventively canon-compliant, thought-provoking, and, at times, worthy of the Rowling Seal of Excellence.

I also understand the temptation to accelerate the romantic relationships (with respect to their ages) and I commend you on your restraint. I have, several times, caught myself mentally shouting "Just KISS her!" before realizing that they are barely teens.

I've always felt like JKR has overstated and overplayed Harry's out-of-control temper, probably because she was never a testosterone-pumped and hormone-enraged teenage boy, and made assumptions about how one of those... creatures would react. I, on the other hand, have intimate knowledge of that mental state, (I spent (am spending) considerable time as one) and can decisively say that normal humans do not launch themselves at their boyhood rivals with only the slightest provocation, despite their terrible tempers. You toned Harry down considerably, possibly because you felt the same way, as well as the fact that an older and more time-tempered Harry would react differently.

But in this third installment especially, Harry-the-boy seems to often overtake Harry-the-man and express his emotions with violent lack of control, which I find to deliciously canonical and compelling, and done in excellent taste.

I like the fact that you have Harry react to each change in history as though it were his fault (which it kinda is). Very interesting and thought-provoking.

Btw, whatever your number-crunching job entails, it can't be important enough to distract you from your glorious creation.
Now get to writing, goddamit!

Kordolin posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd August 2007 12:39pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Great chapter! Keep up the good work and update soon!
-kordolin

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Tuesday 21st August 2007 11:04am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Wow. Alot of that was completely unexpected. It was great, but I didn't see it coming.

~Ivy

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Tuesday 21st August 2007 6:02am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Question:

When DD is teaching the DADA class, shouldn't it be the Gryffindor Four , not Six? Ginny and Luna are a year behind Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville.

Or are all the years in there together?

DrT posted a comment on Monday 20th August 2007 5:03am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Well, before DH, I'd say it was the Slytherin custom to ignore breakdowns, now I'd have to say they're all cold-hearted bastards who will use the breakdown for their own advantages.

"T"

Asad posted a comment on Monday 20th August 2007 1:18am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Nice chapter Matthew. You have still got me hooked !

The debt has a lot of possibilities and leaves me curious as to which of those possibilities you will use.

Keep up the good wok!

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 11:06pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Wow, this was an impressive part here, and the death of Melissa hit me hard. For her character, I found myself liking her a lot. I look forward to the next encounter with the Demetors, as welllas what game Albus will continue to play with Harry and Co. The confrontation with Nev and his Gran was well done and warm, and he could have been a lot harsher, but wasn't, and good for him to tak a fairly high road.

Bobboky posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 10:21pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

excellent, very much excellent

scott2 posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 9:16pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

So addictive I reread the whole thing!

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 5:13pm for Life, Death, & Quidditch

I think that I may have missed reading the previous chapter--I don't remember Neville's Howler. Good to see Nev standing up.

Pity about poor Melissa. Non-evil Slytherins are hard to come by.

The timing of what happened and how well and quickly it was all covered up looks extremely suspicious.

One murder attempt as an act of opportunity during the Dementor distraction is somewhat believable.

But two, plus the danger of the Dementors themselves? That meets the classic criteria of 'three times is enemy action', I should think. I'd expect somebody (Ron?) to at least suspect it all being set up as a unit.

Or is evidence really easy to cover up in the wizarding world where everybody can just 'vanish' rubbish?

The scene with Millicent was nice. Harry risked revealing more than he wants to, but his own outrage and sense of honor forced him to.

It seems that the Ministry is maybe skipping the propaganda war against Harry this time and going straight to 'accidents'? Or has the Ministry counter-claims and statements just not being shown to us? Is our friend Delores already in charge of Dementors?

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

Eric Oppen posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 10:05am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Great chapter! I loved how Neville finally stood up to that grandmother of his---making it very clear that while he loved and honored her, she had made mistakes, and he was growing up. Personally, I hope that Augusta went home and tore a bunch of big strips off of Great-Uncle Algie for the way he'd treated Neville. If Neville's parents recover their sanity in this AU, and find out about that, Great-Uncle Algie's going to be the answer to the question: "What's red, dripping off the ceiling and walls, and splattered all over the floor?"

Too bad about Melissa Bulstrode! I'd kind of like to see some of the Slytherins starting to have Serious Second Thoughts about this whole "let's-get-Harry-Potter" deal. I wouldn't be surprised to find that it was that little tosser Draco, under an Invisibility Cloak; I'm sure that Dumbledore had his Legilimency on high while questioning the Slytherins, and they can't all have natural Occlumency.

Keep 'em coming!

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 9:23am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

Wow great chapter. Long time no read. I'm glad your still writing, as this is a great story.
Its also refreshing to read an author who is at least "attempting" to incorporate DH into there atory. So many just ignore it or proclaim utter hatred for it.
I think the way you do it is clever and well thought out.
The scenes with Augusta Longbottom were superb. I also liked the super patroni. I like how certain events still want to happen, such as Harry falling off the broom and losing the Nimbus. A good excuse to get the firebolt I might add. Hehe! Destiny and fate and all that.
Thanks for writing.
Monkey

rune1806 posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 8:49am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

a good read as always, but who won the match? was it called or will it be replayed? enjoyed neville and his gran but why did harry feel the need to be there? the great thing about this form is you can as the writer questions to find out what they are thinking and make reading the story even better. keep up the great work .

pyrodaemon posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 7:11am for Life, Death, & Quidditch

You killed her!!! *wails* Now I'm really sad. You have to write Naruto now to make me happy again, j/k. but it really did make me sad. Here Harry had gone to all that trouble last term to protect her and it was all for not. So Snape was a 'good' guy in yours as well. Tell me your not bring him back into the story. The one part of the final book that really eats me up is Harry telling his son that Snape was a good man, or something along those lines. Snape is not now nor will he *ever* be a good man. Its distasteful to think that way. I don't care what his reasons for doing what he did was it was his actions that spoke and they spoke of a bitter, hatred filled man who turned on the world because he was to weak and stupid.
No that's the end of my Snape rant. But to your lovely wonderful story.

You killed her!!! I'm so upset. It's that mystery person from last year isn't it? It is I know it is! Bastard. *cough* No you, the mystery person, lol. I hope you have him/her drawn and quartered, or you could do that good old viking torture where they sliced open a person's stomach, tied his intestines stuff around a tree and had bird eat them, only their wizards so healing him/her and have them do it over and - *cough* got way into that for a second, I promise I'm really not insane...

I like the 'she’d just had a very direct demonstration on how Hogwarts could, in fact, be less secure than The Burrow.' part. It wasn't enough that Harry had to face off against Voldemort in first year, or both him and Ginny was nearly killed in second, or that they were all attacked at the end of second year...no it took Dementors attacking the school for that...oops let out the snarky bit for a second, lol.
I'm not going to jump back on the *killing her* bit because that would just be beating a dead horse...no pun intended. I really liked the interaction between Harry and Millicent, her not trusting him, and not wanting his help but almost believing that what he said was true...at least that's how I took it. It was well played.

The interaction between Harry and Dumbledore continues. I almost, for a moment, thought that when Harry first went to Dumbledore office that he was going to tell him the truth, you know, 'I've changed everything and now a girl's dead that shouldn't be dead' thing. I stood up and had to go do some chores around the house so I didn't get the read the rest but I was sure that's what you were going to do so I was all prepared for it and...then it didn't happen, lol. So very suspenseful.

Oh and the conversation be Neville and 'Gran' and we come to the heart of the matter. Perhaps *now* she'll let well enough alone and realize that Neville's changed. I mean he set her a *howler* for god's sake! That's can't be less like the 'old' Neville if he put on a hula dress and started...er well that's not a good example but you know what I'm saying, lol. Down with the snitch! (pun intended this time) Are you going to have them do more to that nark or is the babbling and...*ehm* gas problems enough? You could release the Wrath of Ginny on him. He'd wave the white flag in seconds.
The memorial made me sad again, and I was almost happy writing this review. You're a bad, bad man for making people so sad, lol. j/k.

And now that I've rambled on enough, you've probably got better things to do that read my insanity so I'll let you get back to your normal life.
Hope to see more from your soon (the exam!!!) and hope you have a good -rest of- sunday and a good week.

Viridian replied:

I didn't read anything in DH that substantially altered my opinion of Snape. = )