Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Wooster posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 3:19pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Genius! Pure unadulterated genius! What a way to spend Harry's birthday. I loved this chapter and everything about it. It was a little more...laid back than most other chapters. Things were relatively happy.

Except for that dream. Whoa that dream. Gave me pure chills. Scary. I actually had a moment of 'Wait...is this really happening' before I remembered that this was only the first chapter of 'Dementors of Azkaban' and we hadn't gotten to the Dementors yet.

But you did fool me for a second. Which is amazing.

OH! And I loved this quote: "Stop that," she said absently, "you’re not old enough to sound sardonic without it sounding like whinging."

Dunno why particularly...but I did. And Ginny's argument to get Ron off Percy's back. Genius. Especially when you consider what THEY don't know yet about Ron, a prefect badge, and fifth year. Go fig.

Anywho, excellent chappie. I'll probably read it again once it's gone through the rigamarole of beta-ing and is posted on PS.net and leave just as long a review about completely different things that I found amazing. So yeah. You're a genius...update again soon!

millercommamatt posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 2:54pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

You want to know what I was thinking while reading this? I'll tell you. While reading the scene with Dumbledore, I went pale... literally. If you had ended this chapter after that scene and the scene with Neville and Hermione there would not have been any death threats. Death threats imply a lack of action. I think I'm on the mark when I say the screams of your death would have been muffled by your own butt. [ :) or maybe >:) ]

Your writing was great as usual. I thank you. You entertain me in a way not too many other writers can pull off.

What I would like to see happen:
I'd like to see Harry defuse some of his more antagonistic relationships. Specifically, I'd like to see things between he and Dumbledore improve. I know that is the previous chapter you had Dumbledore make a little progress insofar as how he views Harry. Maybe it's time for Harry to reassue Dumbledore a bit. Your Harry has become a polarizing figure. At least he's becomming aware of that fact. The calmer people are around Harry, the more he can focus on kicking ass.

Anyway, thanks again. I can't think of another author's email updates I'd rather see in my inbox.

-millercommamatt

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 2:18pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Hmm, being given access to a deadly weapon at age 11 isn't totally unusual, even in muggle societies. In our own, there are still lots of kids that age who have been taught responsible firearms ownership and marksmanship and have been given at least .22-caliber firearms.

I will agree that Wizarding children do tend to grow up quicker than children in our culture. I wonder how much of that is because Wizarding culture is, in many respects, a few generations behind the rest of the world in its evoultion?

Overall, though, I think the maturity levels of the characters are quite plausible given the situation in the story.

Philipe posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 2:12pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

I was tempted to end the chapter after the scene with Hermione and Neville dying, but I really would get tired of the death threats I’d receive if I did that. *grin*


It's so nice to see an authors with vision *Grin*

i had a little problem with your Durmstrang description.. will you see everyone there as a DE in training? Just to know really..

Loved how H&G took care of the twins and Ron.. I like how you're dealing with Percy.. Very interesthing.. The Dream was mean btw :P But very realistic.. Enjoy it a lot..

Neville's Gran was a bit strange tho.. i'm curious how you're gonna deal with her..

great Chapter!
P.

Nightwing510 posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 1:52pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

I enjoyed reading your story. I liked the way you had Ginny taking precautions in case Dumbledore erased their memories. Please update soon.

Yojo posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 1:32pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Interesting chapter, but it really seemed like a recap and filler chappie than anything else. I loved the idea of dumbledore invading, but it seemed overly redundant: The whole point of the chapter seemed to be 'never trust dumbles' or something. I mean, you raised an interesting point about Draco and I loved the interweasley byplay you had, but it seemed to be just there to space out the, for lack of a better term, Dumbledore bashing. I mean, I completely understand where you are coming from but it seems over the top in this chapter. I liked it nevertheless but still...
Anywho, great job and keep up the superb work.

Bobmin356 posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 1:17pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

That nightmare was pure evil. I was all set to hunt you down and feed you to Buckbeak!

Good chapter, can't wait to see the elder Weasley's reaction to having a MUCH older Harry under their roof. And eyeing thier daughter.

Viridian replied:

That's high praise, considering the source!

Am I the only person that's ever had a nightmare within a nightmare before? O_o

Anyway, thanks for the kind words...

David Thacker posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 1:08pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Like the pic in the update email.

Black Dragon Knight posted a comment on Monday 31st July 2006 12:48pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Nice chapter. I really like the concept as a whole, Harry going back and not so much trying to rewrite the past, but change it to create a different future. You're doing a good job with Harry as he tries to change things, at the same time, try to keep somethings as they were. While not a big fan of Harry/Ginny outside of the books, I like the relationship they are building in this story. It gives Harry someone to really talk to when he's dealing with everything.