Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Nights Silhoutte posted a comment on Sunday 3rd February 2013 6:46pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

Another great chapter, keep it up.

rex1yujie posted a comment on Monday 31st December 2007 3:09am for The Journey to the Borderlands

Hum i doulbt a border patrol between earth and fire country would be a c rank mission... since the two countrys are still hostile, possible ninja encounters would acure. making this a b rank mission. The story is really good. i like how u kept the charactots n charactor. the flow of the story is great and the events believeable. u kept out cishaed stuff so the story is really one of a kind. i really enjoyed reading this fanfic.

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Friday 17th August 2007 9:23am for The Journey to the Borderlands

Hmmmm....
Naruto laughed at that mental image, and wondered why Hinata squeaked and looked away.

I wonder. Naruto + overpowered cleaning jutsu - clothing = well, it's probably a good thing for Hinata that Konoha seems to have a dearth of butter dishes...^_^

Really like Shino in this (I've barely even read any Naruto fics before this one, and haven't seen the manga or anime at all). I can just see Shino after that sparring session at the inn; Note to Self: When Naruto is irritated at something, suggest he spar with something more able to withstand his anger. Trees, the Hokage monument, etc. His reaction to Naruto's overpowered Raiton jutsu was great as well.

Keep up the good work!

Uldihaa posted a comment on Sunday 2nd July 2006 7:42am for The Journey to the Borderlands

Yes! A new chapter of the Naruto fic that is now officially my favorite. The continued growth and maturation of Naruto is one of the things that I look forward to in this fic. I'm glad someone is taking Naruto's mental potential seriously, rather than merely focusing on his physical potential. I like the way Shino seems to be relaxing around his team mates. I hope Naruto's plan to help Hinata gain some much needed confidence works.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Team 8 on the border and how they will grow and change. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Team 7 is doing. I'm personally hoping that they are not doing nearly as well as Naruto's team.

Terry Swain posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 4:42pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

Great chapter. :)

kwp posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 4:15pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

Shino turned toward Naruto and nodded after a moment’s silence. "I will take your turns setting up the tents and hunting," he offered.



That may prove to have been the mosting interesting line of the story. Shino, who prizes logic, evaluates the situation, and makes the decisions to support Naruto's plan, without knowing exactly what it is. So, a sense of teamwork develops. If Kurenai realized what happened here, she would be thrilled.

Of course, perhaps she did realize it, or put it together afterwards. This chapter seemed to break from the pattern of the earlier chapters, staying much more cloesly with Naruto's viewpoint. In fact, other than the brief scence from Kurenai and one brief one from Shino, the vast majority is from Naruto. The change made the chapter feel shorter in someways, even though the chapter is as long as any of the first three.

Kurenai's reaction to

The boy nodded carefully. "It’ll be good training, I think."

amused me as well. To me, it seemed he was echoing Hinata, as well as a hint that he was considering the implications of having to carry one of his teammates away from an encounter. Kurenai seemed to have misread it. She also appears to have misread Naruto's intent with the food. Of course, like Naruto's prank in Chapter 4, Geniuses of Hard Work, Naruto has hit a hot button for Kurenai, and she begins to react without fully analyzing the situation.

Finally the interplay between Hinata and Naruto with regards to leaving the town village developed nicely. Naruto answered Hinata in a disarming fashion, with the truth, but a truth he had come to after his own reflections. This seemed to lend an additional weight to the reply, even if he kept his attitude light.

Over all, I am really enjoying this series. While this chapter for me lacked the highlights of previous two chapters, I still enjoyed watching the groundwork being placed for future development. This is quickly proving to be one of my favorite stories. Thanks for the hardwork you are putting into it!

Lufio posted a comment on Tuesday 27th June 2006 4:46pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

Ah, I'm glad to see you exploring new ground in this AU Naruto world. Sure, re-hashing the canon plot points can be enjoyable when done right, but it's not as good something completely different and new.

Though I wouldn't mind getting brief summaries of what happened to the situations that would have occured if this was canon. If they happened yet, the repercussions and the rumors, et cetera. Kinda like what you did when you briefly mentioned Kakashi's team heading off to Wave country as an aside.

glorfy posted a comment on Monday 26th June 2006 5:56pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

WEEEEEEE!
more team 8 goodness!

once again, loved your update. the only thing that makes me sad is that i was asleep when you first posted it, and thus wasted precious hours before i got to taste its narutoish greatness.
naruto has mini-chidori? tee hee hee.
and the rase is on between hinata-chan and buggly boy to work out foxys secret companion!

Adrian R Brown posted a comment on Monday 26th June 2006 12:45am for The Journey to the Borderlands

Loved the chapter! The character development and interactions, while as you say aren't cannon, are completely understandable and believable.

The more and more I read, the more I really believe that Shino is going to figure out about the Kyubi first; before Hinata.

Also, with Naruto's 'Chakra Pulse', I can't help but think that this new, more thoughtful Naruta might have an easier time dealing with Neji should he fight him in your version of the Chunin exams. I mean, Hinata described the pulse as if Naruto was blazing like the sun. What if Naruto tried a variation of it, and focused the pulse directly toward Neji's eyes while he had the Byakugan turned on..... Just thinking out loud. *chuckle*

Anyway, great work! Can't wait to see the next!

QOShea posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2006 9:39pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

Another great chapter! I honestly prefer your take on Naruto to what little I've seen in the anime.

Terry Chang posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2006 2:45pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

please tell me that naruto is doing okay in canon too? (yes, obviously i don't read it constantly...or at all).

AK posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2006 1:15pm for The Journey to the Borderlands

The thing is that your Naruto is becoming too much unNarutoish. And we don't want that now do we? :D

Quizer posted a comment on Sunday 25th June 2006 9:39am for The Journey to the Borderlands

Great job! It's good to see you update so regularly! ^_^

We're really moving forward now, are we? Not only in the jutsu/training department, but also in the plot/relationship department. It will probably still take Naruto a while to realize why Hinata is acting so strangely, but he's getting there, however slowly. At least he realized the problem and took note of it. I think Kurenai ought to tell Hinata that unless she gets a bit bolder in her approach, Naruto is likely never going to get a clue.

I liked the electric jutsu. Now Hinata has an excuse to teach him the touch-based Jyuuken moves, and with his chakra supply, he can put enough (stunning) force behind it to rival anything Hinata can do - if not through skill and refinement, then through sheer power. The way it looks, elemental jutsus in general can be devastatingly effective due to his chakra reserves.

well, keep up the good work, and I hope your inspiration doesn't fail you now! ;)

Quizer