Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Aki posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 7:31pm for Stress Testing

Now I really can't wait for the next episode! Naruto's idea was quite ingenious and showed his growth under Kurenai's tutelage. And Shino too! That sneaky bastard! Want to jump up and dance around my chair but I'll restrain myself. Will be waiting anxiously for the next update.

Jon posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 6:09pm for Stress Testing

clever way of learning Kage bushin! Good plot!

Davideg posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 5:27pm for Stress Testing

thank you for another absolutely fantastic chapter please update again as soon as life allows

Jay-F posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 4:23pm for Stress Testing

this is great. it is delightful how clue less naruto is. I keep expecting Naruto to find out how Hinata's father treats her and explode and have to be restrained by Kurenai. would be interesting to se how Hinata responded to that. will be interesting to see how you have the other villages to act durring test segment two i personaly would expect quite a few fatalities. also i may have forgotten something but i do not seem to recal any specifialy big time combat moves being taught to naruto, it seems to me that most of the ninjas in the Naruto story (canon) havs some big end all move that they pull out in dire straights... does naruto have one? also is the frog pervert going to come into this fic?
Thanks for wrriting,
Jay
Elementaldex@yahoo.com

Ike posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 4:18pm for Stress Testing

Great chapter!

Only one minor detail was that there were 78 genin who graduated in canon....meaning 26 teams. I dunno if you purposely changed that for whatever reason or not.

Viridian replied:

I did. Circumstances are different from canon now, so it's unreasonable to expect exactly the same results. Examinees were sitting in different seats, and Naruto didn't speak up at exacty the same instance in time, either.

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 3:52pm for Stress Testing

Naruto is still growing, and synthesizing Ibiki's Lesson with Kurenai's 'There are times you have to go into danger, but that doesn't mean you can't stack the deck in your favor first'.

Naruto's ingenuity and improved perceptiveness (over the T7 canon), backed by Hinata, Shino vs. Kakashi's defense of his library of little orange books? I don't know who would win, but I suspect the battle would be both epic and best witnessed from the emergency shelters inside the Hokage monument. :)

I must also congratulate you, while reading I could almost *see* Kurenai's glare at Kakashi. And the whole exchange between the Jonin-senseis and the examiners nearly had me on the floor from laughter. Did she managed to get that forfeit bet set up with the other Jonin? If they do it on a running score rather than the (highly unlikely) number of Genin passing Team 8 is way up in the standings.

And the revelations about the Shadow clones should suggest a whole new set of tactics to Team 8 when they need to steal info and don't mind doing it 'fast and dirty'. Get a Shadow Clone or Twelve to read the info, then let them be 'killed'. Naruto now has the info and anyone not up on the technique will think they stopped the shinobi from escaping with the information.

On the more serious Hinata's 'confession' and the emotional breakdown, is that her hitting bottom, and starting to come up? And now that Kurenai shared, however obliquely, her suspicions that something is rotten in the State of Hyuuga will she be keeping her eyes open for more evidence that some of her clan are a part of the conspiracy against her 'Naruto-kun'?

The pre-second exam exchange between Naruto and Hinata shows some more character growth, with Naruto understanding Hinata's emotions enough to treat it as a 'black box' problem, but not see the causations. Or maybe with his obsession with belonging and family he doesn't want to see that sometimes they go bad?

The Forest of Death, Team 8 is prepared, trained, and damn sneaky (Shino 'tagging' the competition). I wonder if any of the other Leaf Genin they meet in the FoD are gonna accuse their Sensei of giving them a warning about the length of the test.

And it is a mark of how tightly they bonded that without a word the decide to let Naruto safeguard their scroll. Though if they have to fight Leaf Nin over it, will that mean they won't expect Naruto to be carrying it?

And again, we get one 'task' per episode, though if Team 8 gets caught up with either the Sand Psychopath or Sauske's snake trouble then we are likely two episodes till we see the Round Three Prelims. Ah well, even if it's the scenic route it's still a fun ride you are giving us.

Kadmos posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 3:23pm for Stress Testing

Excellent chapter, love the story, this is most definately a great start to the second test! I can't wait for the next chapter, this was a promising setup chapter that I enjoyed immensely. Keep'em coming!
~K~

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 3:22pm for Stress Testing

A welcome distraction to the usual garbage I have to sift through. It's always nice to see another great chapter from you!

Gullwhacker2 posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 3:16pm for Stress Testing

Ah, so that explains Shino's fidgeting...

Ahem. Good sir, you are awesome. Some excellent moments in this chapter. Those that come to mind: Naruto's way of cheating - he got the /opposite/ score from his canon result - the Jounin reaction, the Kurenai-and-Hinata conversation, and Shino's sheer sneakiness.

I'd give a detailed review but I really should be sleeping, so I'll just say 'excellent chapter'. Is it wrong of me to prefer this to NoFP? (Not that I don't enjoy that, too...how dare you be such a great writer!)

Kail posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 3:11pm for Stress Testing

Ah - I needed my Team 8 fix....so good...

Excellent work on this chapter! The differences between canon and Team 8 are becoming more obvious now (and look at me say that like it hasn't been obvious from the start...) as we watch Naruto using his mind as well as his ninjutsu to tackle the obstacles before him.

Now, the only question I have left (and I'll have to wait for chapter 13) is whether or not Team 8 will join up with Team 7 when Sasuke gets bit. Lurk ahoy!

<lurk>

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 3:02pm for Stress Testing

Hi! I saw you updated at ff.net, funny how that happens, doesn't it? Anyway. Damn good chapter. I liked how Naruto managed to cheat this time around. He pulled out a lucky one in canon, but I really liked your way much better. I tend to like a Naruto that thinks about things instead of just rushing into things. I can't wait for the next chapter. Cheers.

~Ivy

Terry Swain posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 2:54pm for Stress Testing

Great chapter. :)

R. Daniels posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 2:11pm for Stress Testing

Deviously perfect.

And I'm not talking about your ninjas, but your writting. I love the way you had Naruto find out about the other aspects of his signature jitsu and the way you illistrated his improvisation and his inexperiance with your Bathroom Plot. You tie so many Ideas together so seamlessly that it's hard for me to pick out individual points to discuss (read: praise shamelessly). I Loved your Hinata portrayal, both emotionally strong and weak. YOur development of her into a character with depth has been a joy to read.

AK posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 1:58pm for Stress Testing

Interesting, but for the moment this follows rather closely what happened in the manga. Waiting to see where you will take this in the next chapter.

anonymous5 posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 1:49pm for Stress Testing

I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T leave a review for this story... and I've never seen or read anything Naruto before in my life. Again, spectacular writing and excellent storytelling. I always love it when I get a notification about this particular fic. :)

Brandon West posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 1:16pm for Stress Testing

You know, this does bring into mind the question of whether or not Shino managed to tag Orochimaru. That'd be kinda interesting, seeing what that particular bug reports.

I liked this Naruto's way of getting to cheat in the exam. Never seen it done that way before. :)

scott2 posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 12:46pm for Stress Testing

I don't know why but I love it when the kage bushin is used to it's absolute level, I just find it awesome! hope for it to have more use soon especially since he is really the only one with large enough chakra reserves to make any real use of it, enough ranting, great chapter as always and hope for more soon :)