Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

tangentsferret posted a comment on Sunday 29th March 2015 9:10pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

You, sir, have a sick, sick sense of humor. I like that in an author. Squirtle? Clothahump? Really? And about "The Four"... they are going to turn out to be, um... rather artistically named, aren't they. Does Naruto's universe even HAVE pepperoni? Anyway, glad to see you posting, please don't forget to let us know where/when to find that original fiction you mentioned (I still hope for an expansion of "Boomerang" someday), hope life co-operates. And once again, an only marginally sarcastic thank you for the "Mom points" I get for being able to discuss Naruto with my son: I would never have ended up knowing any of this if I hadn't gotten desperate enough during one of the longer dry spells on HPatNoFP to start reading something in a totally unrelated and unknown 'verse, just because the writing was so very good. Then, of course, I had to research the canon for background (I like your version much better, BTW), and BOOM, I ended up with a whole 'nother time-consuming obsessive hobby. (Sigh) Oh, and which one of the turtles is going to be the one who told the Tootsie-Roll kid to ask Mr Owl about how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?

Peregrine829 posted a comment on Sunday 15th March 2015 2:09pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Lol, really? The "Four" with "occidental names"? I cannot wait to see the TMNT summoned. In any case, glad to see you're writing again!

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Friday 13th March 2015 6:54pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Very cool. I'm glad you're back, and hope that means only good things for other arenas in your life.

Meanwhile, I greatly enjoyed this chapter. I also like the way you're continuing to follow all three of the team members. And that Kurenai isn't simply gone from the story, now that she's dead. Sneaky lady...

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Wednesday 11th March 2015 7:34pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Great chapter! I am glad to see Team 8 updated. :) I can't wait for more and thanks for posting.

slickrcbd posted a comment on Sunday 8th March 2015 10:19am for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Interesting, almost seemed like an interlude, or a calm before the storm after the disaster of the chunin exam invasion.

This was all about development and training, a necessary arc, so I'm not complaining in the least. Good work.

KingDark posted a comment on Saturday 7th March 2015 1:12pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

An excellent chapter like always. The only thing - no the closest thing I have to say that's anything close to critisism is that when referring to their affinity, I think it should be wind and not air . Like I said, it's not really a mistake or anything, but it is what it is. It's not a real important detail. The other thing I just think about is when you wrote 'damned' I think you should have used 'damn it' in two words. I could be wrong though, but doesn't 'damned' have a different meaning as in 'He'll be damned to hell for his crimes' or 'Damn it, I nearly won that time.'

Kingdark

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Saturday 7th March 2015 6:15am for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Very nice chapter.

So... turtles from Gai? Not going the reverse summon route (like e.g. not very serious "Vulpine"), or was it revealed after you planned the plot?

Clothahump ("Spellsinger"), Friend of All Children ("Gamera"), The Four ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"?), Kabuto and Squirtle ("Pokemon")... Would we see Master Oogway ("Kung Fu Panda"), Kurma (second Avatar of Vishnu), Maturin ("The Dark Tower"), Morla ("The Neverending Story")?

Turtles preach patience... and now I have image of Naruto in tranquil fury state. All the power of the fury, all the control of tranquility.

Also with turtles as summons Naruto would need to have some kind of "ultimate defense", isn't it?

Keep up good work.

Duraiken posted a comment on Saturday 7th March 2015 12:03am for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

I figured this would be updated next after Nightmares of a Future's Past, think S'tarkan mentioned as much though I can't remember for sure, but I wasn't expecting it so soon.

Honestly, in a lot of ways, this feels like a stronger story with these last two chapters than a hefty chunk of the story did. I'll have to reread it to be sure it's not just my memory coloring things, but it feels to me like this and the chapter right before it were stronger, grammatically and plot-wise than anything before it. If there's anything to criticise here, it's that there's not enough to sate my appetite, only to make me hungrier.

Also... is it just me, is there a few cameos / expies (The Four, the Friend of All Children?,) in the future of this fic? Gonna have to look up MST3000, only ever heard about those 'episodes,' and not sure where the unedited movies would be. I'm pretty familiar with most iterations of who I think The Four are, just need to get my hands on the comics someday.

Anyway, in conclusion, this was awesome, glad to see it again.

Quizer posted a comment on Friday 6th March 2015 11:49pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Great to see this is finally being updated again! That place after Kurenai's death and funeral was an unfortunate spot for the story to be stuck in for that long. Good to see Naruto being able to move on and train to become stronger. I strongly approve of this version of Naruto's training with Jiraiya. Love the turtle contract. Naruto can definitely use more wisdom in his life.

Heh... I love the "He couldn’t believe it had taken over a week to get this stupid jutsu to work right." line. Priceless, as is Jiraiya's reaction.

Anyway, shouldn't Naruto's mindscape already look better thanks to Kurenai's influence? I guess her death might have set him back...

I also like the training the other members of Team 8 are doing. Shizune's reaction to Hinata's drive was nice, too, as was Tsunades appraisal of her potential. Hinata being trained as a medic nin isn't exactly rare in fanfiction, but Tsunade saying Hinata is going to (not might, is going to!) surpass her and placing her on Minato's level in her field surprised me. Should be interesting to see how she develops.

I'm not sure what's so special about Shino's new kama, though. Weren't they already collapsible before?

Shino and Tenten, huh? That came out of the blue, but Shino being the narrator in the training segment, I suppose that's not actually surprising... Guess we'll have to see if there is anything to Misato's needling.

Finally, some technical corrections. Feel free to ignore these if you can't be bothered, I guess. But you seem to appreciate your beta's services, so here's hoping you find this helpful:

In the previous chapter, "Iwagakure is misspelled as "Iwakagure"; the G comes before the K. There's also a bit where the space between the words "Konohashinobi" was eaten somehow.

In the current chapter, the word "kōhai" is rendered as "cohei". You can do "kohai" or "kouhai" if you don't want to bother with special characters, but "cohei" isn't even close.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Keep up the good work!

Quizer

Finbar posted a comment on Friday 6th March 2015 9:56pm for Servants, Sparring, and Summons

Holy Crap! A nw chapter of my favourite Naruto fic of all time!

Admittedly, it felt a little like a filler chapter, but great stuff!