Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Gullwhacker posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 9:06am for My Dinner with Aburame

Well. I'd say that you win, personally. Friends to whom I've recommended this fic have described it as 'what canon should have been', and I concur. Naruto's little advice session with Lee was nice, some of Naruto's lines had me cheering him out loud, and Gaara...

...he was chilling, crazy, and awesome. I suppose a competent Naruto is more recognizable for the threat he is?

Oh, and Kiba is wonderfully obnoxious. Frankly, I like the way all the characters were written. I'd say I like all the characters, but some of them are well written people we love to hate.

All in all, I've enjoyed and hope to continue enjoying this fic. I look forward to it - and to more of "Out of the Darkness" once Team 8's adventures have concluded. I really need to review more often...

Lufio posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 8:35am for My Dinner with Aburame

Neat. Another chapter has been added and another installment closer to Naruto showing everyone his nindo. Really looking forward to what you'll do with the exams.

By the way, when did Lee get drunk? I've forgotten.

Viridian replied:

When they were celebrating Lee mastering his finishing move "Plant Your Opponent Like A Turnip". He accidentally got his ginger beer swapped with Gai's sake. One drink and he was a suiken whirlwind of destruction!

MrRigger posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 7:16am for My Dinner with Aburame

I enjoyed it. Solid chapter, showing a lot of difference between what happened in canon and what happened here, but still believable. The dinner with Shino's family was interesting, and I hope we see more of them in the future. It's great how you aren't just having Naruto change his team, but the other people around him as well. You even had Sakura realize she wasn't being very nice to anybody, brushing them off for her self interest and goals above all. I take it that the conversation she was having with Ino had to do with her recent realization? If not, I'd be surprised. Maybe she was apologizing for being a jerk. Who knows? That's right, you do! I especially enjoyed the way you changed the entrance to the Exam, with Kabuto not getting the crap knocked out of him, and everyone standing up to the Sound Ninja.

The challenges were interesting, and I think both were good, but would have been better if you would have been able to include it in the chapter and combine the two.

MrRigger

Viridian replied:

Regarding the Omake... people didn't really ask about that scene/interaction until well after the story had passed that point. That's the main reason I made it a contest, rather than doing it myself - going back and editing a previously published chapter, while making such a large change, would be confusing for people.

Also, integrating them into my narrative would be taking credit for someone else's work.

 

t_gebhardt posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 7:11am for My Dinner with Aburame

Real good chapter. Unfortunately you ended it with a real bad cliffhanger. So I hope that your muse will compel you to write the next chapter faster.

Who was it that Gaara killed? I assume that the "the faint red glare reflecting back from the dull tiles" was blood.

Viridian replied:

Nope, it was Naruto's red chakra flaring up at the threat to Hinata.

Brandon West posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 7:00am for My Dinner with Aburame

As usual Authorlord, a damned good chapter. I liked how Shibi managed to get the position of Council member as well. That ought to make things quite a bit easier on Naruto, since I have the oddest feeling that the other idiot was on the take.

Chapter seemed a little shorter than normal, but that's probably only because there were the omakes in there as well.

Viridian replied:

Actually, it was over 11,000 words before i added in the Author notes with the Omake.

Treecat posted a comment on Wednesday 28th March 2007 6:29am for My Dinner with Aburame

Wow, its great!
Keep on going, you have thousands of people reading your stories.