Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 5:44pm for Mortal Combat

Well, this chapter pretty much was everything I was hoping for, and then some. The encounter with Ero-Sannin was just about perfect, especially given Naruto's increasing use of his Shadow Clones for so many of his little side tasks that might take him away from Hinata and his training. Loved the bit with their first real face to face encounter in the Hokage's office, especially the touch with the dango.

I'm not really surprised that Naruto passed up the Toad contract this time. His friendship with Shino is way more important to him than a Summoning, no matter how much prestiege is associated with said Summon. Still, he could get the theory, and there _are_ other summon contracts out there; Gai's turtles for instance. (And given the amount of training he has been getting there, I could see Super Fuzzy Brow feeling honored by a request to sign the contract if Naruto brings it up. (And I bet there are even some Turtle Summons with shells of compatible colors in there. :) )

Moving on, the fight with Neji was well written. Plenty of thought and planning on both sides, and I wondered if Naruto was going to make use of some of his Doton jutsus in the fight, especially the bigger area ones that would have a good chance of nerfing some of Neji's maneuvers. Nice to see Iruka doing a little covert betting, especially with enough physical disguise work that he can circulate in areas where he is most likely to get some good action on the bets even after Naruto's surprise showing in the preliminary round. Not nice to see what the Hyuuga are discussing regarding Naruto's display in the combat, but again I can't say that I'm surprised given the family background you've been establishing there with the Hinata scenes. It should be interesting to see how quickly Iruka manages to get word to Kurenai about this turn of events; though I suspect that given her own background she has likely been watching for that sort of reaction ever since Hinata and Naruto began sparring and our foxy friend demonstrated that he had a way to defeat the feared Jyuuken technique.

I'm actually more interested to see just how much control Naruto held with his final strike. He's certainly angry enough to have done something very foolish, but given the level of planning that went into his entire fight, I am hoping that Neji just got a lasting reminder that nobody f*cks with Naruto's friends without consequences. (And if Kyuubi chakra is good at wiping out external seals, I'm actually hoping to see that that final swipe is a series of scars across a forehead that just blew apart a certain seal. Poetic justice in action, as well as a practical test of a desperation technique that was first attempted in the Forest of Death.)

(Of course, if that is the path this takes, and it does work out, Naruto gets a double dose of new reasons for the Hyuuga council to attempt silencing tactics. Just what needs to be going on when there is already potential enemy action being forecast in the near future.)

As usual, I'll be eagerly looking forward to the next installment.

Nementh

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 4:50pm for Mortal Combat

Read some of the other comments, and the notion of Naruto destroying Neji's seal strikes me as very clever. Also unclear to me what the political ramifications of that will be...

I'd like to see more of Shino's reaction (from his perspective, or him talking) next chapter. He seemed oddly overwrought for Shino. I can't help but wonder if there's something else going on as well.

Very good chapter.

Touki posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 4:20pm for Mortal Combat

And Jiraiya has been introduced to the plot pretty much as expected within the events of the story. Also loving the Sakura inner-turmoil sub-plot just want to reiterate I love it so much more than "always looking at their backs". Though Ino did raise a serious issue with the woman complaining about Naruto's presence at the hospital, as if he has no right to visit his wounded friend and teammate. So like THIS Kurenai to prepare reports for her genins to help them in the exams unlike Asuma who left it to Shikamaru because he's a genius or Gai who was tied up with Lee and his injury to be help Neji and Cannon Kurenai may have helped Shino but With Shino's personality probably not also she had to keep Hinata from committing suicide and Kakashi "I play favorites" Hatake who only trained Sauske and passed off Naruto to an inferior(skill-wise)...and yet superior(Teacher-wise) teacher. Finally my 2nd favorite part of the chapter Scared Shino Mode-Activate(!) truly beautiful to have the mental image of Shino afraid. At first it confused me and I HAD to stop and puzzle it out and then it came to me-"Toads eat bugs like the Kikkai", though that was some interesting reasoning by Naruto with the whole Shino eating thing. Ahaha Naruto wasn't late this time so no silly "short"cut help from Konohamru and the fight begins!

Loved Naruto's opening little casual chat with Hayate very amusing and finally my favorite part! Hinata's out of the hospital and not with her abusive and horrid family but with Kurenai *does a happy dance*. Loved the fight scene in general especially mud-covered Neji and his Hakke rokujuyon sho getting totally canceled by Naruto throwing odds in Iruka(and others)'s favor for Naruto winning and just generally scaring the shit out of everyone in the audience. I espically enjoyed that last part omniscient voice: Finish him *Naruto's attack* Brutality normal: though Hinata would probably lay into Naruto too much for him to actually go that far I wonder if Neji will be okay to fight Kidomaru in the "retrieve Sauske arc" assuming it happens in this. I have other general theories but I'll save that for the Forums when I join later (2:20 am here in the Maritimes) Well then I'll be on the site playing the refresh games for another 10 minutes hoping to catch a little NoFP while I'm up *eagerly awaiting next chapter of both and in a euphoric state at the quick release of another Team 8 chapter*

Darksnider05 posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 2:36pm for Mortal Combat

Who could complain about that *Bounces on chair* the sheer awesomeness of your story astounds me... nah possibly one of the coolest Narutos ever his personality just screams what Cannon should have been ugh so friggin awesome. Gonna go drink more coke *grin* More blood in the next chapter please WAR!!!!!. (I might of gotten a little into it)

liquidfyre posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 12:56pm for Mortal Combat

DAMMNNNNN YOUUUUUUUU


that was the most horrible horrible horrible way to end it that is so not fair

Hellacious chapter and fight though you better update soon again so we dont go insane waiting to find out what happened

Viridian replied:

 

What? I covered all of Naruto's match with Neji. Would it be better if it stopped halfway through when I hit 10k words? = )

RaphaelYervantian posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 12:38pm for Mortal Combat

Any one else hear the MK:OST playing during that fight?

...Fatality...

On a serious note, no, Neji isn't dead or seriously injured - Hinata would take Naruto apart if he did that and he knows it - not to mention how much it would hurt her, which he would never do.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Seriously awesome chapter.

R

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 12:26pm for Mortal Combat

Another great chapter. Can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work.

rabe posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 12:18pm for Mortal Combat

I,m sorry but thew image of Neji cover in mud with the consistency of chocolate pudding broke me

scott2 posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 10:46am for Mortal Combat

Awesome chapter as always :)
Did naruto take the eyes or go for the seal/ninja plate?