Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Darklore posted a comment on Saturday 9th December 2006 1:38am for Complex Confrontations

Very nice. I don't know why but I always enjoy reading your fan fic. Everyone else pointed out the little errors I noticed so no constructive criticism from me. Just a pat on the back.

Junky posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 9:19pm for Complex Confrontations

"You mean Naruto, Uzuamaki Naruto, the loudest ninja in the village?" Kakashi demanded. "The only person I ever saw who dressed worse that Gai? He took out two missing nins himself?"

Btw ... you spelt Uzumaki wrong. Nice chapter. ;)

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 10:54am for Complex Confrontations

Gai nodded seriously. "Without these special weights, Lee would never be able to see his feet again."

LOL!

I love that line.

Great chapter. Shino taking apart his clan's elders was nicely done.

Excellent work.

Kyle Bissett posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 9:42am for Complex Confrontations

The only thing I can see Naruto stealing is food - and that would have stopped once he learned that Ichiraku’s was willing to serve him on a regular basis.

It might possible that such incidents had occurred at some point, and that the villain on the Council (possibly Hiashi, though he may just be an asshole rather than a traitor) keeps arranging for the incidents to be brought up to keep resentment of Naruto high.

Yuuhi might want to discuss the concept of reciprocal obligations to her team. Since Hiashi is arguably not meeting his side of the oath of clan loyalty to Hinata, she may not be bound to her half either. The Hyuugas probably came up with the Branch House seal so they could skip out of their responsibilities to their subordinates.

KingDark posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 3:18am for Complex Confrontations

Nice chapter,
Are you going to let team eight and seven become 'closer'?
What I mean is, are you going to let them become closer friends?
Keep up the good work.

Kenny

Chiyo posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 2:55am for Complex Confrontations

Damn... if its time for the Chuunin exam that means we have to watch Hinata get whipped by Neji... unless you're going to DRASTICLY change the plotline up.

Altho watching Naruto best Kiba should be fun. :D

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 1:43am for Complex Confrontations

Very nice chapter.

Having Rock Lee have natural predispositions for Drunken Fist style is a very good, if suprising idea. (I have not watched Naruto, only read a couple of fanfics).

I wonder if there would be possible to make seals into eights to have their inertia switched on/off at application of little chakra, making it light for a swing, making it heavy just before hit is to connect.

I was wondering how the "bridge" mission went without Naruto on the team and his Kyuubi chakra. I'd like to mention (again) that I haven't watched/read original "Naruto". I wonder if Haku would become ninja of Hidden Leaf...

A little bit of explanation of point of divergence of this A.U. for us those who haven't read original work?

Keep up good work...
--
ShadeHawk

ichtys posted a comment on Friday 8th December 2006 1:04am for Complex Confrontations

Nice chapter. I like where you're heading with this, (or rather where I think you are heading. I can't look into your head).
I like the way Hinata is beginning to change attitude towards her family. Also the way Shino confronted his clan. That was nice to see.
It was also good that you included the semi-failure of team seven. It would have been strange if Naruto's absence didn't have any influence on the outcome known from canon. Naruto's reaction to the news was very mature (will wonders never cease).
I look forward to read the next chapter, although I prefer NoFP you really have a way with words that has me hooked on this story also.

Regards Ichtys

daniel e. mclachlan posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:42pm for Complex Confrontations

love it keep it up

barry1 posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 4:07pm for Complex Confrontations

Good story as always . I truly like how you let the characters develop over time rather then rushing them .Keep up the good work.

anonymous5 posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 1:38pm for Complex Confrontations

"Chuunin exam?" "Great Race?" I have no idea what your Author's Notes are discussing, but y'know, that's okay. Because while I know nothing more of Naruto than what you've written, I sure am enjoying the story. This is great fun! Thanks for the update, I really look forward to the next one.

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 11:18am for Complex Confrontations

Hmm, one other thought.

Haku's alive.

Haku's also suicidally depressed with a martyr/bezerker fixation. To obey Zabuza's command he can't kill himself, but no one said he couldn't push a fight to get someone else to do him in.

And unlike Zabuza, Haku isn't a missing-nin. As I understand the term it's used for traitors and/or deserters. Since Zabuza pick Haku up off the street and trained him himself, that would make him an enemy of the Leaf, and maybe Mist(though Zabuza was the driving will behind the later), but not a missing nin.

So where does that leave Haku? I suspect like the gun on the mantle piece in act 1, we are going to see him again.

Fernir posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 10:17am for Complex Confrontations

All in all very nice chapter; while the Aburame argument was occasionally annoying to read due to their overly precise (as Shino later specifies) speech mannerisms, you kept dialogue character incredibly well.

It is interesting to see a much more introspective Naruto - going by Cannon Naruto, I would not have imagined him choosing not to brag about Team 8's mission (possibly before Kakashi's team were finished explaining their own) - and I look forward to seeing how he deals with the Chuunin Exam. I can easily imagine him being able to figure out some of the first exam, but then struggle because he still does not have any reasonable way to 'cheat.'

Well, till next time; and again, thank you.

Fernir posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 9:55am for Complex Confrontations

Viridian, I love you. You gave me a much needed break while working on a physics takehome final.

Actual commentary follows after I read.

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 9:46am for Complex Confrontations

Great to see you updated. I loved how Shino dealt with the attitude of his clan members; reading that scene was extremely satisfying.

It's also good to see Hinata's development steadily continues. Keeping the truth about her knowledge about Naruto from her father may seem like a small achievement to her, but it is a large step in that this is the first time she even passively resists him.

I loved that little bit about Kurenai's evil grin when she watched the psychologist being dragged away. Can we look forward to a conversation between Kurenai and Ibiki in the next chapter?

The suiken scene was very creative as well. I liked how the alcohol made Lee spout those truths about the relationships between Naruto and Hinata and Tenten and Neji. I wonder if Naruto retained any of that through the chaos, though.

The scene with Team 7 was well thought out, too I can't fully appreciate the differences to the original events of the Wave Country arc, but I'm surprised they made it through that without incurring results that are a lot nastier than those of canon Team 7.

I can't wait for the next chapter. Continue soon, please?


Quizer

scott2 posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 9:19am for Complex Confrontations

excellent as always :)

Jeremy DuCharme posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 8:48am for Complex Confrontations

The shrink that miscounciled Naruto is arrested as a footnote. Kind of symbolic, old crimes are not forgotten, but not signficantly dwelled on, just handled.

Hiashi continues to prove none are so blind as those that will not see. Hinata is growing hidden depths before his eyes, and no one in her family is seeing it.

Lee and the Drunken Fist. (LOL) "I tink she is nish. I tink she likesh you too," In Vino Veritas, or however you render that in Japanese. And once again Naruto nimbly dodges the clue missile. Is he finally gonna get it before Hinata or someone wacks him over the head with the ClueHammer 40kg?

Shino didn't, to use an Narutoism, 'Burn that bridge when he got to it' with his meeting of the clan elders. He did however douse it with a tanker truck full of gasoline and was waving a lighter around threatingly.

So Team Seven didn't do as well, though likely better than could be expected given the opposition. And how are they gonna respond to find that Team Eight stopped a Chunnin theif, then on boarder patrol took out three high level missing-nin that kidnapped two children of improtant Kohona families? I doubt it will come from Kakashi, unless his relation with Team Seven is different as well.

As for the Council's Uzimaki compensation fund, was that a way to launder the monthly 'fox hunting' attack payoffs, or just a bunch of merchants claiming losses as an easy way to get money from a fraud no one would look at closely?

Kristofer posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 8:11am for Complex Confrontations

Well, you have delivered yet another wonderfully told installment in your ongoing saga of a belivable way for naruto to grow up. The bit with the Aburame council was quite interesting and unique. Your effort to go into belivable backstory for the maincharacters should not go unremarked because it lends your story such a much greater depth and vividity.

To keep it simple, I applaud your effort and will leave this reviw with my best wishes

Jamey posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:47am for Complex Confrontations

One of the obvious things that strikes me here is the almost Spock-like attitude of Aburame Shino, and of the Aburame clan in general. Of course, this leads quickly to trying to stretch the analogy to Kirk/Naruto and Hinata/Bones - at which point it falls completely apart, especially because the original characters from canon are *not* such a triumvirate, and because of the age differences - these are kids, where K/S/B are paramilitary officers well into their careers. Still, the extreme reserve projected, while occasional glimpses of the emotions behind the facade invite the comparison.

This analogy though, does provide us a glimpse into a possible future of a strong, decisive Hokage with his teammates as his top advisors and trouble-shooters.

Another point, though - what kind of trouble is Shino going to be in now, since he's caused the Clan Elders to lose so much face? Admitted, at least he hasn't done it publically, and brought dishonor to the entire clan in front of the village, but there's going to be at least a couple of the Clan Elders gunning for him, I would expect.

Now, the question is: Will a more observant Naruto spot Kabuto, and if so - what will he do about him? Admitted, Susuke should still be the primary target of Orochimaru, because nobody outside of Team 8 has yet had a chance to see how Naruto has grown. Are you planning to use the canon forms of the testing, or come up with new tests? Looking past that, we have the fight with Gaara and the One-Tailed Tanuki, which likely will go a bit differently with both Hinata and Shino supporting Naruto much more effectively than Sakura and Sasuke supported him in the manga, as well as the mission to pick up Tsunade (assuming you kill off the Sandaime [who should *ALSO* be the Godaime!]) - I can't really see Kurenai allowing the team to be split up like that, unless both Hinata and Shino are in the hospital, and even then, once Naruto returns, the team would certainly be brought back together, in a way it never really was in the mainline story. This is *truly* a team, with a sensei who cares for all of them in a way Kakashi never did.

And what of the ripples from Team 7's partially-failed mission? Now there is no Great Naruto Bridge, and the recovery of the Wave Country economy is put back by a bit, while a new Master Bridge Builder is found to finish the job, and a new team of workmen are recruited. As close to Konoha as the Wave Country appears to be, it's likely that Konoha has felt a number of effects from the depression there, such as the tailor recently moved in from Wave Country.

Davideg posted a comment on Thursday 7th December 2006 7:41am for Complex Confrontations

thank you for posting this fantastic chapter please update agin a.s.a.p.