Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Nights Silhoutte posted a comment on Sunday 3rd February 2013 3:48pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

A great start, I cannot wait to see where this goes

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Sunday 30th September 2007 3:58pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

Another great chapter.

I like the way you've had Naruto start to use his intelligence to think about things. I really like seeing Naruto grow as a person.

Having said that I do hope you don't change Naruto too much as I do enjoy the verbal barrage that can come from him. It makes things very interesting. :)

Keep up the good work.

Terry Chang1 posted a comment on Tuesday 25th July 2006 2:41am for A Painfully Early Morning...

so i'm reading this for the um, lost count, and i just realized something (yes, i'm extremely slow). i like how the tone of the writing changes between the characters. the writing becomes just a bit simpler when it's naruto's pov, and just a bit more complicated when it's shino. nice touch.

Terry Chang1 posted a comment on Thursday 15th June 2006 1:31am for A Painfully Early Morning...

i like this story a lot. i've read it thrice (?) these past two days. i think i'm liking it better than your hp story. i can't imagine why, though i've thought about it quite a lot on my work breaks...maybe it's due to the fact that your hp has to go a bit slower than this story, simply due to the nature of the rest of the crew not knowing Harry's secret. or maybe it's because naruto is more of an emotional creature in this story, where as harry tries keeping it in more...

either way, that just means i'll read more of both fics to get to an understanding (even if it's just in my head).

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 23rd March 2006 6:21am for A Painfully Early Morning...

> ...her true task was more to sharpen him
> into a diamond-edged weapon, one capable of
> helping her reach a goal she’d set years ago.

It looks like Kurenai has a hidden agenda as well here... It has to do with Kurenai's past, hasn't it?
It seems like Kurenai knows or suspects who is responsible for her old team's demise, but there wasn't enough evidence to launch an investigation. The things that were revealed so far are very vague and fragmentary. Will more be revealed later on, or are we already supposed to know who is her secret enemy?


Quizer

Quizer posted a comment on Wednesday 1st March 2006 9:03am for A Painfully Early Morning...

"I wouldn’t be surprised if, after getting used to your routine, he didn’t start running the two of you ragged."

I found another little grammatical error, which I thought I'd let you know about. You want only one negative in the above sentence; preferably keep the beginning if you want the meaning to stay exactly the same. Make the second part "...routine, he started running...".
If you want, I can go over the story again, looking for more of this stuff.

Quizer

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 9:15pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

"Yes, Kurenai’s past in this story is not canon — it’s pretty much been left as an open book."

I think the phrase you're looking for here is 'empty sheet'. The other expression is to 'read someone like an open book', which means their emotions, or in this case, her history, are clear to everybody. This however is the opposite of what I think you are trying to say. Since you use the turn of phrase within the chapter as well, I thought I'd tell you.

Quizer

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 12:11pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

I've read the third chapter on ff.net now. Do you know how damn frickin popular this story is?! Having ~650 reviews for a three chapter story, simply beggars belief, especially in a fandom that is many orders smaller than the HP one. I only hope to see more of this soon.

Quizer

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 9:32am for A Painfully Early Morning...

Heh, I'm reading wikipedia, too, to get up to speed on the contrasts between this and canon, and to actually get a look at the major characters. It's almost too bad that this is probably taking second priority behind NoFP. Exploring this entirely new world seems much more exciting to me at the moment.
BTW, the reference in that fic about the chinese sorcerers using 'seals' instead of wanded magic is a reference to Naruto, isn't it?

I hope we'll see more of this someday!

Quizer

Tildessmoo posted a comment on Tuesday 28th February 2006 5:12am for A Painfully Early Morning...

I can't believe how hard it is to find a Naruto fanfic that isn't some combination of A)badly written, B)merely an excuse for a slashfic, C)completely unrealistic without even the excuse of AU, or D)unduly cliched or Mary-Sued. I'm not certain I can express my relief and delight at finding a well-written, realistic story that branches off with one small "what if?" and shows an amazing depth of thought and planning in showing how this universe diverges from the canon. Your examination of the characters' motivations and how one small change could affect their lives is unique, well-thought-out, and just plain fun to read. I'm looking forward to another chapter even more than I am looking forward to updates in your HP fanfics (and, believe you me, that's saying something!)

glorfy posted a comment on Monday 27th February 2006 5:23am for A Painfully Early Morning...

please, please, please continue this.
as mcuh and as often as possible, so long as you dont burn yourself out :)

as someone whoe reads harry potter and naruto fanfics practically exclusivly i can say that this story is already shaping to be one of my favourites, full stop.

the way naruto was handled was more or less the way i always invisioned him gaining his will. he has been placed on a path where he sees that he has precious people, and a responsibility to them. he has been shown friendship, and has vowed to act in kind.

and most importantly, he is being trained to follow his will.

i declare my undying love for both yourself and this story.
well, i clame i am, but you will never really know, will you? *g*

most of all, have fun writing it. i know i did reading it.

- Glorfy

azander posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd February 2006 2:35pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

Im not sure what the deal is, but ive found another author on FF.net with this exact same story. Im giving you this information in case you dont know, or this is actually another pen name of yours.
Author name: S'TarKan
Link for chapter 1: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2731239/1/
(Copy and paste)
Sorry to bother you
Azander

Viridian replied:

It's me. "Viridian" was already taken on FF.net, so I had to recycle another old D&D character name to use there.

Thanks for the heads up though!

vernum posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 5:30pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

If you read the Naruto Manga, you'll leap ahead of the anime quite a bit and learn a lot more about the characters and whats possible in the naruto world.

Im very happy someone at fanficauthors has begun writing a Naruto fic as well, all of the authors in this group are amazing.

Keep up the good work!

Ed posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 3:45pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

wow, u know, ive never read naruto fanfiction before, and only watched a few shows, but this was surprisingly good. It kinda makes me want to go and read others.
Overall, its a good story, so keep it up!!

scott2 posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 12:31pm for A Painfully Early Morning...

Very nice naruto fic that doesn't seem to rely on Kyuubi teaching him or giving him superpowers but seems to rely more on pyschology, actually being treated like a human and understanding that fact.

It will be interesting to see how Naruto reacts to Gia and Lee, also I think the relationship between his team mates is going to be very interesting.

Kurenai's story as background reasoning to her actions, as well as a secondary plot is pretty cool too.

Keep writing and I'll keep reading :)

Triggerbox posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 9:08am for A Painfully Early Morning...

This is looking to be one of the best Naruto fics I've read. Please continue it.

Regress posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 8:49am for A Painfully Early Morning...

*grins* Welcome to the site!

I love it, all my favourite authors and stories are slowing meandering their way on to this site from FF.net (Your one of 'em BTW). Great work on this story, it's probably my favourite Naruto fanfiction out there, with the possible exception of "Never Cut Twice" on FF.net. Great work with the characters, you've done a spectacular job of Shino, his reasoning and personality are smack on the money. And I love what you've done with Kurenai. I mean she's pretty much a blank slate from the anime so far (I don't know where to get the manga or I'd read it as well as watch the anime), which no doubt gives you a ton of lee-way to work with, and you've made masterful use of it.

Anyway, I think that's enough ego boosting, although you do deserve it. I can't really think of many criticisms of the story, beyond perhaps that it's a bit TOO logical. Of course considering they are trained and honed ninja, I would have expected a bit more logic and control then usually, so that's fine.

Great work on the story, keep it up, I can't wait to see what comes next!

Adrian R Brown posted a comment on Thursday 16th February 2006 5:51am for A Painfully Early Morning...

I've been looking for a decent bit of Naruta Fanfiction, and I was pleasantly suprised to stumble upon this while visiting my normal HP fanfic archives. The characters are well written, and ring true to their characterizations. I can't help but wonder what the lack of Naruto's precense will do to Sasuke's development. However, I've never really been that big of a Sasuke fan anyway. Except for Shikamaru, you've got my favorite characters all already together on the same team. Can't wait to read more. :)