Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

fyrecat posted a comment on Monday 5th January 2009 6:32pm for Return to the Chamber

Well, That was a very pleasant read. I really am enjoying the story arc. It's so nice to see someone who recognizes the HUGE value of the basilisk carcass.
Your characterizations are interesting and engaging. I like the various subtle and not-so-subtle changes and the logical, character-development driven nature of the changes. I very much like how the 2 versions of Harry are merging, creating a new person.

I'm impressed with the level of literacy it your work. It's so refreshing to see words spelled and used correctly, punctuation used properly, and a widely varied vocabulary. I even had to look up a couple of words! I'm very impressed!

I definitely look forward to future updates, and hope that you don't make us wait long for them.

The only thing that I might suggest editorially is to be careful of re-using the same expression over and over - "gimlet eye" comes to mind, although there were one or two more as well.
Finally, my personal observation/ pet peeve for this fic is:
It seems like, with Harry being not just a veteran, but literally the 'last man standing' after a 19 year war, the last few with only him, Ron and Hermoinie, and the final year fought alone against whole squads of DEs at a time, that he should have a MUCH higher level of instinctive situational awareness. Also, there's just no way that a kid with only a year or 2 of training should be any kind of a challenge at all in a duel.
There are viet-nam vets with much better reflexes, and that war only lasted 16 years, and most folks never did more than a couple of tours on the front lines.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying this fic. Thank you so much for sharing your creative genius with us.

hptrump posted a comment on Wednesday 26th November 2008 3:59pm for Return to the Chamber

One of the best stories out there. Can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the incredible job.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 24th November 2008 4:36am for Return to the Chamber

So good to see this back. (Yes I know it's taken me a while to say that but my internet went down for 3 weeks just as I saw this was updated, much pouting ensued). I loved the way that Sirius points out Harry is neither God like or in control of everything. He's all too easily thought of as the person who can fix everything but things have to go wrong from time to time or this would be dull, which it is about as far as you can get from what it actually is.

Good to see Molly is still, well, Molly. Obsessed with Harry having enough food and fuss, she'd be the ideal cat owner. I also love the fact that Bill is blase as it has me wondering if there's something up with him or if he's just that cool. LOL at Harry having Lily's eyebrow.

I like the present buying / giving scene and Mr Granger's overexcited reaction to it.

I'm fascinated by what you're going to do with this next. That was a good chapter but it did feel end-of-yearish in the sense that things were being dealt with in preparation for a fresh start on the next year. As always, still a great story. More please.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 23rd November 2008 6:36am for Return to the Chamber

I had been following this excellent story when you started posting it, and am so glad that I re-read it from the beginning after the hiatus - I t reminded me that this is one of the very best of the "Re-Do" fics ever written.
thanks so much for continuing it, is a real treat to read your carefully thought out situations and dialogue.
Warm regards

simons_flower posted a comment on Saturday 22nd November 2008 5:42pm for Return to the Chamber

I don't normally read Harry/Ginny, but decided to give this one a try after being interested in the summary after the story being recommended to me. Er, that was convoluted.

In any case, I'm completely sucked in. I've been reading almost obsessively over the course of several days, completely entranced by the way you've told the story. I admit to being among those frustrated with Harry at times, but that's to be expected given his mish-mash of experience.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to a new chapter.

mgier87 posted a comment on Sunday 9th November 2008 11:25pm for Return to the Chamber

Wow. This is really top-par stuff. I started reading this way back when you posted the first chapter, but had some problems with my meds which caused me to have complete amnesia. It's partly to this fanfic that I've been getting some of my memory back, so I'd like to thank you for this well-written fic and giving me a link to my own past, as Harry certainly has here. I can't wait to read more! :) mgier87@gmail.com

dimriver posted a comment on Saturday 8th November 2008 2:02pm for Return to the Chamber

Good story.

Alexires posted a comment on Friday 7th November 2008 11:27pm for Return to the Chamber

An excellent story. It has all the qualities of an epic tale, similar in ways to Canon, but different enough that it isn't "old hat".

I wait with bated breathe to see the relationship between Ginny and Harry progress, and the thought of Harry's ever growing power makes me shiver a little.

Thank you for a fantastic distraction from the mundane...

Alex.

eg posted a comment on Wednesday 5th November 2008 2:44pm for Return to the Chamber

Thanks for the update! Please keep working on this story. It's still going strong

tugger55 posted a comment on Saturday 1st November 2008 4:46am for Return to the Chamber

bravo

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Thursday 30th October 2008 10:48pm for Return to the Chamber


Another great chapter..

Keep up the great work whenever possible and I am looking forward to the next chapter.

This story is one of my favourites and I can't wait for the next update, so please update as soon as you can.

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 27th October 2008 12:10pm for Return to the Chamber

Fantastic new chapter! I can't wait for the next year!

rune1806 posted a comment on Sunday 26th October 2008 5:15pm for Return to the Chamber

A very good interesting update, I loved the interaction with Harry and Mr. Granger. The party at the end was nice and Ron asking for a broom was a good laugh. The way you are writing Harry and Ginny is very well done, not having 12 and 13 year olds in the making out is much more real than the way some writers handle it.

Rick D Gale posted a comment on Sunday 26th October 2008 1:23pm for Return to the Chamber

I had waited a long time for this story to update, and I'm glad you did. I still had to read it from the beginning again to make sure everything made sense.

You have another great chapter here. I can't wait to see how their little 'harvesting' trip turns out.

I hope Harry got enough venom to take care of the 'gift's' Sirus brought back for his birthday. By the way, which Horcurx's did Sirus get (besides the cup and the locket), and which one's does he still have to get?

I look forward to your next update, and will go to your group site to see how the update is going.

rdgale

Vigdis posted a comment on Friday 24th October 2008 7:44am for Return to the Chamber

I'm so happy to see a new chapter. I love the way you are handling Harry's adaptations. I look forward to seeing more of how he changes the future.

Ohhhdear posted a comment on Friday 24th October 2008 4:00am for Return to the Chamber

I'm so thrilled you've updated and haven't forgotten this wonderful tale. Please thank your Muse!

csktech posted a comment on Thursday 23rd October 2008 4:44am for Return to the Chamber

Matt,

I love this story, in fact its one of my favorites and I eagerly look foward to your updates.

Please Keep working on it as much as life lets you.

The great thing is I have to reread all of it each time you post. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

Thanks so much for the creativity and hard work.

Kyle

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd October 2008 2:27am for Return to the Chamber

RaEBNC

Lord Matrix posted a comment on Tuesday 21st October 2008 9:26pm for Return to the Chamber

Well done Matt this is another good chapter with awsome story develpment. Waiting with baited breath to see what will come next from your pen.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Tuesday 21st October 2008 12:18pm for Return to the Chamber

What a lovely story. Harry returns in time and in trying to change the inevitable learns much. It is very well written in my very humble school teacher's opinion and I enjoyed every word written up to this chapter's end. I look forward to reading the next posting whenever you get it up.