Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

rejeimha1 posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 5:18pm for Fear and Loathing

Great to getting another update to the wonder that is NoFP. I was hoping to see Neville at least say something under his breath to his Gran, but I guess that will have to wait for a later chapter. Isn't the Junior Crabbe named Vincent and not Victor? Slughorn is a nice change from Snape for all involved as far as I'm concerned, even if he is more than a little self interested. Of course, that only means he has a weakness that Harry can exploit. Will the DA have a greater presence over the next few chapters, or will that remain a background plot device for the time being? I can't wait to see what your interpretation of Harry's greatest fear is in this situation. Good luck with that little piece of character analysis. And as always I'll be looking forward to the next update of this amazing work.

rejeimha

Sssith posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 4:23pm for Fear and Loathing

Enjoyable as always. Now you have me curious as to his boggart, so many to choose from.

The new version of Percy is interesting, but I wonder if he'll have much of a part.

hptrump posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 3:22pm for Fear and Loathing

This is one of my favorite HP stories I have ever read. I am currently reading it on the www.fanfiction.net web site. Is there any difference from the one of FF and the one on this web site?

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 11:09am for Fear and Loathing

Thank you for posting! We were starting to get worried that something had happened and that this story would be abandoned. Its far to good for that to happen.

It must be dificult to find time to write especially when trying to maintain the standard for such a very good story.

I like the fact that you've got Professor Slughorn, a character only unveiled in book six teaching them. I think you wrote him very well, and also you seemed to write him in a unegative way so although he is a Slytherin that doesn't automatically make him bad. He comes across as very clever and cunning, maybe more so than the little experience we have of him from cannon.

I do have to say though that I think your cruel for taking so long to update and leaving us with a cliffie like that. I know it hardly is one and is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things its still frustrating!!

Despite that though, I do like that Lupin is insightful enough to "realise" why Harry wouldn't want to face a Boggart in front of the class but it also leaves open the possibility of him finding out more.

Again thanks for writing this wonderful story and I hope that you can write more and it comes easier to you! (I'd beg but you can only do what you can so its pointless to ask for faster updating!)

Monkey

Joel posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 10:57am for Fear and Loathing

Grrrrr. Other than the cliffhanger, I enjoyed this as much as it's possible to enjoy any fiction.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 10:21am for Fear and Loathing

Oh, one more comment, I did appreciate General Hastings' paraphrase of Mao, it's quite appropo in the developing situation.

Jadzia7667 posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 10:11am for Fear and Loathing

I love this story, so very much. I look forward to the next chapter.

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 8:03am for Fear and Loathing

The trunk doesn't become truelly cliched until one the units becomes an apartment, the next a potions lab, the next a gym, etc.

Madam Pomfrey had presented him with a set of mild pain-relieving potions
-Made me laugh

But what he couldn’t fathom was why this was happening.
-I rather enjoyed Baffled!Dumbledore.

Nice to see that Percy isn't being forgotten.

He just didn’t know why
-Umbridge setting up for an unfortunate accident to happen?

Go Neville! A confident Neville is always fun to read.

might give them more of an edge before things came to a head.
-I love his low expectations. Too many of BackfromtheFuture!Harrys are too powerful, know too much, and destroy evil much too fast.

we’ll have to work on some social activities to thaw out relations between Slytherin and Gryffindor.
Or rather, he began chatting with them.
-Excellent job with Slughorn

"They followed Draco, didn’t they?" Harry shot back. Ron shrugged.
-Made me laugh

It was slightly dirty pool,
-clever way of warning him.

I knew Buckbeak wouldn’t really hurt anyone
-pure Hagrid.

Snape’s policies regarding his N.E.W.T.-level Potions class also sharply limited the number of potential Aurors the Ministry could recruit.
-Never thought of it that way. very interesting.

Hope that cliff hanger doesn't leave hanging for months. Over all a good chapter, but I was hoping for a bit more action. Next chapter perhaps?

IceBlades posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 6:00am for Fear and Loathing

You are a horrible person. That is such an evil cliff hanger...SWEET CHAPTER!

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 5:42am for Fear and Loathing

So good to see this back. I have to say that the magical trunk works because you didn't spend too long on it. The only time when the cliche is a problem is when you get 1500 words on the various skills of the trunk and how it can virtually make toast while putting together nuclear weapons capable of making Voldemort into toast. I really liked the Neville / Luna exchanges. Poor Hagrid, I don't think that Harry needs to be in his classes but it does seem a shame that he isn't. That was a truly cruel place to leave it though. More please. RL comes first but I'll beg if that's what gets you writing faster!

Jiapa posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 4:44am for Fear and Loathing

Lovely chapter. Thank you again for writing. I am eagerly looking forward, as I'm sure you guessed, to future chapters a well.

Aaron posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 4:01am for Fear and Loathing

Great stuff as always! Thanks for taking the time to create such great work.

Thiago Krause posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 1:57am for Fear and Loathing

Nice one, keep writing. I'm just curious if you intend to go 'till the sixth year or if Voldemort will be killed sooner, maybe at the end of the fourth year. And ah, wouldn't the Gryffindor Six this timeline try to learn the Animagus Transfiguration? It'd be damn useful, and Harry sure knows that. It'd be a cliché, but, as you said, it makes sense, in fact too much sense to be left out. I suppose there will also be something to force Lupin out in the end of the third year, I'm wondering what.

Stone Cold posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 1:47am for Fear and Loathing

An excellent part. I wonder when Remus will be ready for the truth?

And the only good part of Half-Blood Prince (which on the whole was an abomination of a book) was the introduction of Horace Slughorn. I appreciate the extra detail you put into his character, that JKR couldn't have been bothered with.

I like the way you show him using the positives of the Slytherin traits. And how you show him to be different and fairer than Snape.

On a separate note, I love this story. I'm just bummed I have to wait for another part of a kid with weird stripes who has some delusions of being a ninja before another part of this excellent tale.

Not a crack against your storytelling. I just hate Naruto.

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 1:22am for Fear and Loathing

I think it'll be either, Dumbledore going on about erasing his memory, Ginny from the hogwarts massacre or a simulacrum of himself from the future, blood spattered or so saying everything happened in the war that he wanted to prevent.

Good chap. glad to have the pacing up a bit.
Cliche: Harry goes on a big shopping spree, gets a one-of-a-kind, or one-of-a-rare-limited-run trunk that happens to connect to one that Riddle bought one time... that or it's got (literally) an apartment in.
not cliche: he gets a standard one when he needs to replace/supplement his current trunk for one reason or another.
i really think JKR should have him buy one that is essentially, a back-pack version of the standard 'slightly bigger inside' trunks - something thats handy, but not a plot point at all (just to cover over some plot holes, such as where does he keep his clothes while travelling, and his trunk now is too big to carry on your back)

anyway. I really think you should add a bit about how Harry travelled across europe for one or two of the horcrux's, not just Britain, since Voldemort was as far as Albania when Wormtail caught up to him.
Harry was with Bill during the durmstrang raid, right? (which many think is either norway or bulgaria.) You could have Harry able to speak French and/or Bulgarian for year 4, if you're going that far. even if not 'fluently', just, slightly conversationally. Swearwords included ;) Make for a few interesting scenes with Fleur and Krum.

If you are, are you going to have the same 4 champions? or is Harry going to head off his being selected by revealing crouch junior?
Is the TWT going to be on even?
cheers.

DrT posted a comment on Sunday 4th March 2007 1:11am for Fear and Loathing

I really enjoyed the chapter, and your use of Slughorn is excellent. I wonder if your idea of Harry's boggart is the same one I (and no doubt others) have used. It would frighten him, no doubt.

"T"

Amamama posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2007 11:53pm for Fear and Loathing

Oooh, devious ending! *grins* Now I'm very eager for the next update. I really want to see that Boggart! Nice chapter, and nice pacing. You have a good mix of musings, development and action. Very nice read, and wonderfully surprising ending.

Thanks!

Lady_Readwolf posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2007 10:58pm for Fear and Loathing

You... are... evil. >.<
Guh! To end the chapter on a cliffie like that.
Absolute, prime-evil.
Still, glad to see more of this posted; look forward to reading the next chapter, hopefully sooner rather than later.

millercommamatt posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2007 7:39pm for Fear and Loathing

Your Beta and I need to have a talk. That was an annoying place to end a chapter. Anyway, I like this chapter and I love this story. Thanks for writing.

Mrs Alfred posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2007 7:05pm for Fear and Loathing

Thanks for the new chapter :-)