Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

thepuzzlingcentaur posted a comment on Sunday 23rd February 2020 5:19am for Destructive Impulses

Hedwig is a smart owl....threw a letter in Augusta's tea and started pooping everywhere.... :D Your fanficiton has better writting than most. Some other fanficiton authors simply add a ton of amazing events in seemingly logical order but few of them have a fluid story where past actions influence the future events in unforseeing way. Some very tiny details are changed because circumstances have changed. I've read Backward with Purpose before I started reading this. I loved it and still think it's one of best fan ficitons out there, but it still has massive flaws. What upset me with that story is how characters suddenly started having wild conclusions (out of nowhere, didn't have enough clues), acted irrationally to further the plot, Weasleys didn't act like Weasleys at all(Molly is an insane banshee instead of a loving mama-bear) and major events had little to no-consenquences. The greatest offences of the last part were "Azkaban episode" and "delivery to Malfoy manor" (to avoid major spoilers). Your story does not suffer from these things. Your Weasleys are awesome (as they should be), your unique conversations (twins discovering who marauders are), your characters tend to go for the most logical conclusion based on what they know, and every action has consequences, even if it's a tiny and insignificant action. And you managed to make Dumbledore almost-an-antagonist while keeping him canon-friendly. Well done.

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 10th March 2015 12:29am for Destructive Impulses

"Professor Sprout was just giving them, along with the Potions teacher and School Matron, an update on the greenhouses when the Headmaster felt a disturbance in the wards."

Admit it, you were tempted to type "force" here... xD

mantis posted a comment on Monday 27th April 2009 8:35am for Destructive Impulses

"This has gone utterly pear-shaped." A singularly acute observation, Mr. Potter; it appears you have some 'splainin' to do.

I've always liked the "hoofbeats of a zebra" metaphor; figures it would come from Hermione's father, since dentistry is a medical profession. Hermione's got a point, too: Harry's worried about someone guessing the truth because he already knows it's possible, but it's not likely to occur to anyone else, with the remotely possible exception of Dumbledore. The professor Harry should be worried about is Trelawney, actually -- she might just prophesy something that would give Dumbledore a real hint one of these days.

Was the "bloke from Wisconsin" E. Gary Gygax, by any chance?

Neville's counter-Howler was awesome -- the idea of writing a civil, dignified rebuke into a Howler is brilliant. Knowing how clever Hedwig is, I wouldn't be surprised if Harry specifically asked her to deliver it in front of Madam Stebbins, too.

Aberbadger posted a comment on Wednesday 16th April 2008 1:10pm for Destructive Impulses

re an...

Otherwise known as "overpaid, oversexed, and over here"!!!

It's been ages since your last update. How's 36coming? I'm really enjoying this story, and can't wait to see where you are going with it...

Viridian replied:

If you check my blog, you'll see that the next chapter has been completed and is currently with the final beta:

www.matthewschocke.com

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Friday 25th January 2008 5:28pm for Destructive Impulses

Poor Augusta Longbottom! She thought that She'd cow Neville by sending him a Howler at Hogwarts. UNfortunately for her, Neville grew himself a spine and fired back a Granger Howler (much more powerful than even a Molly Weasley Howler) that detonated in her tea! I think the Stebbins (mother and son) will stop their meddling for at least a while.

Namizujs posted a comment on Thursday 6th December 2007 3:16am for Destructive Impulses

Thank You!
I feel that the comments in the authors notes of this chapter are excellent.
I love the way this story is evolving.

John

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 26th November 2007 3:22pm for Destructive Impulses

Very good.

gunny

Sushi posted a comment on Monday 6th August 2007 7:40am for Destructive Impulses

I really, reallyyyyy like this story. Take your time with the updates, as long as eventually you do update.

I think my favorite thing is the fact that the timeline is really changing and that it isnt as if Harry can guess every single thing...and I'm glad he's learned not to trust foreknowledge either.

The Neville situation is really interesting, seeing as Augusta was ALOT more nicer and understanding the first time around...then again, Neville wasnt friends with Luna.

Anyways, awesome story, and its different than all those other stories I've seen with similiar plot.

vertru posted a comment on Wednesday 1st August 2007 2:09am for Destructive Impulses

I started reading this over on fanficdotnet until I realized you were on here, where I much prefer reading. This was recommended to me some time ago, but for whatever reason I'd not gotten around to reading it before. Frankly, I am extremely glad I did. You have a most interesting story arc going here. I am impressed with the way you have worked in Harry's future history with little snippets here and there to tell the story, very effective. The subtle and not so subtle bits of humor here and there break up the drama quite nicely. I think most of all, at least in the last couple of chapters is how you have handled Neville and his budding relationship with his friend Luna. He is truly a Gryffie as you have written him in this latest chapter, so naturally I was mortified to realize this I have to wait to read how he handles Augusta. A very nicley done story and fun to read, looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing your vision and talent.

Vern

vance posted a comment on Friday 13th July 2007 4:56am for Destructive Impulses

thanks for the book, I enjoyed it. I thought it was already complete or I wouldn't of started it, still I enjoyed it. Thanks for your time and effort. Very original

Kordolin posted a comment on Monday 2nd July 2007 5:09am for Destructive Impulses

This Story is amazing. I enjoy reading it alot. Please keep up the great writing and update soon!
-Kordolin

Mattbaermann posted a comment on Friday 22nd June 2007 5:41am for Destructive Impulses

Very Good Chapter. I have read around 200+ fanfics and this is my favorite, looking forward to the next chapter

Sammy posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 1:09pm for Destructive Impulses

What wonderful writing. I am truly impressed with how you turned an unoriginal plot line (Harry given a second chance) into such a unique story. This is one of the best fanfiction stories I have ever read. Keep up the good work.

that1 posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:11am for Destructive Impulses

That was fun...
Keep it up! :)

johnbr posted a comment on Saturday 9th June 2007 4:01pm for Destructive Impulses

Excellent story, and I'm looking forward to the next update. Peace, love and dope!

Lady_Readwolf posted a comment on Friday 8th June 2007 1:29pm for Destructive Impulses

Oh, lovely! I'm so glad I stopped in to check if there'd been an update!

I must confess, I have this strange idea of Gryffindor and Slytherin joining in secret to play prank the rest of the school, especially targetting Hufflepuff at the moment. It would build a relationship between the two houses that isn't one of hate or loathing, and could quite possibly change the fate of several Slytherin members.

That said, I can only imagine what Minerva was remembering when she saw Harry's smile. What would Mooney have said if he saw it, too? [grinning]

I had wondered if that was how you were going to handle the bogart this time, but *damn*. Harry's lucky he didn't blow a whole *through* the stonework. Or should that be Dobby who's lucky? ^__^ I couldn't remember at first if Remus knew about Harry's second past, but figured it out quite quickly. Still, is Harry planning on telling the wolf anytime soon? or is he just waiting for the right moment?

I really enjoyed seeing Neville stepping into his own. The bludgers were amusing, but the steps he took with his gram are good. Honorable? Right, maybe. or Mature. Yeah. I feel all proud of him. :)

Again, nice bit. I look forward to reading more of this story in the future! Heck, I might just have to bite the bullet and reread it again sometime.

Mattbaermann posted a comment on Friday 8th June 2007 12:12am for Destructive Impulses

Very Good, like the progress with Remus and MM's influence on Albus' opinion of Harry

rune1806 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd June 2007 9:36am for Destructive Impulses

hi i have just caught up on your story, a friend said it was very good and she was right. i look forward to your next update.

Infin1x posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 9:56pm for Destructive Impulses

Excellent story, you have struck a nice balance between canon events and how this branches. To many authors make huge changes to canon and then don't really change how events happen. I always like to see a more confident Neville and the Howler was priceless. While I know they are basically the canon ships

I do have some problems with H/G Hr/R. Largely that I think Hermione and Ron are so different with really the only thing that they have in common is Harry that without him as a buffer the relationship would implode. H/G is actually a nice pairing but am I the only one a bit disturbed by how similar the actresses that played Lily and Ginny are? I know this pairing works out nice and even but... Though I do have to say I have always been a fan of N/L. In the end those are just my feelings about those ships and not the story.

Bubba5105 posted a comment on Friday 1st June 2007 4:47pm for Destructive Impulses

I agree in all ways with your explantion of the AEF. Most people don't have look to when WWII occured that the Candian force was not that stong and Austraila forces never even fought in the European Front. Many people need to realize, like you said, whenever either the US or Britian is in need of help the other will be right beside them.