Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

The Great Phoenix posted a comment on Monday 23rd February 2015 10:56am for Christmas at The Burrow

This is excellently written and a great pleasure to read.

Arthur and Molly haven't been getting on his case about calling them by their given names even though he slipped back into calling them Mr. and Mrs. Weasley a few chapters ago.

Patches posted a comment on Thursday 15th November 2012 3:49pm for Christmas at The Burrow

This is such a great story. I am really enjoying reading it again. I finally got to this point. This is such a great chapter. I love the way Harry has reacted to his friends and "family" are treating him this Christmas Holiday. The fact that he has given Arthur and Molly the Occlumency book and gave them a magical oath was a huge deal. I'm glad Arthur and Molly are taking it as well as they are. I'm also glad that he is trying to help Percy not become too angry at his siblings such as Ron beating him at chess. Harry's praise of Percy's performance did a lot to help Percy lose more graciously. I love the way that Harry found Sirius. That was great and Arthur's acceptance of Sirius was excellent. I look forward to more of this story and the chapters I haven't read yet. Thanks for writing. pms

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Tuesday 16th August 2011 3:01am for Christmas at The Burrow

What a wonderful Christmas! Harry should ask Remus if he knows what Occlumency is and if he is any good at it.

Gogirl posted a comment on Sunday 28th June 2009 1:36pm for Christmas at The Burrow

I wish that you would have read the DH first before making this story....you didn't, right? 'Cuz of Snape and stuff.

mantis posted a comment on Tuesday 14th April 2009 11:02pm for Christmas at The Burrow

A couple of additional thoughts: Harry's rant about the "coward's way out" reminds me of Mark Pierre Vorkosigan's "Don't you dare pity me!" rant near the end of Mirror Dance; it may not quite qualify as a Crowning Moment of Awesome, but it's certainly stirring and cathartic.

The other thing is that Sirius in canon kept wanting Harry to be James, and treating him more like a peer than was perhaps appropriate at his age (though he was absolutely right that Harry should have been told about the prophecy sooner); this Harry actually is, in most ways, the person Sirius desperately wants him to be, and I look forward to seeing how their friendship develops.

One of the effects of the changes I made to establish my own alternate Potterverse is that Sirius won't get killed the way he did in OotP. (Harry will have the two-way mirror and know what it is at that point in the time-line, so when the Dark Tosser tries to use the false vision of Sirius being tortured to lure him to the DoM, Harry's reaction will be something along the lines of "Nice try, Tom. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.") That will have major ripple effects down the road, because he's arguably the most ruthless member of the Order of the Phoenix (though Moody might contest that title) -- his reaction to an Imperiused Minister of Magic won't be "OMG run and hide," it'll be "figure out which Death Eater is pulling the Minister's strings, and take him off the count." Followed by a bloody purge of the quislings like Dolores Umbridge who willingly did Voldemort's dirty work.

1001 Practical Jokes and Dirty Tricks -- it could have been worse; for a moment there, I thought he'd gone and bought them The Anarchist's Cookbook. Not a bad idea down the road, actually, especially if Voldemort still manages to seize the Ministry and institute the Taboo on his name -- they could use that to pull a bunch of his loyalists into an improvised minefield, and Apparate away just before the fireworks start. I also kind of wonder what mayhem F&G could get up to with a copy of Grimtooth's Traps for inspiration....

mantis posted a comment on Tuesday 14th April 2009 7:43pm for Christmas at The Burrow

Poor Dawlish, always the patsy.

"When know one was looking" should be "no one."

Interesting that Harry mentions Sirius' brother; I always thought it sad that Sirius died before he could learn that his brother died a hero, trying to destroy what he apparently believed was Voldemort's sole Horcrux. (Yeah, I know that wasn't confirmed until DH, but really, who else would "R.A.B." have been? Virtually the whole online fandom had that one figured out.)

Finally! Good to see Harry having a real confidante at last. In the original timeline, Sirius had a huge amount of potential that went to waste when he was killed, so I'm very glad to see some of it coming to fruition here. I also loved his reaction to finding out how he died before ("Killed by a stunner? Because I stopped fighting to taunt her?" -- when you put it that way, it is pretty embarrassing, isn't it?), and Harry's "Try not to do it again, all right?"

"I’m glad he and Tonks got together, though I never would have pictured it." That's probably because Sirius wouldn't really know Tonks at this point -- we know he was fond of her, but she was just a little girl, five or six years old when he was sent to Azkaban, and he hasn't had a chance to meet the adult Tonks yet.

How does Harry know his Patronus is still a stag? He hasn't summoned it yet in this timeline, and it might have changed to whatever animal is associated in his mind with Ginny. (Incidentally, there was one H/G story I rather liked in which Ginny's patronus turned out to be a mongoose -- she'd apparently read "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi" at some point, and associated Rikki with Harry the serpent-slayer.)

"I may be up for a bit of grave robbing as well." Oh, clever. No bone of the father for you, Dark Tosser! And if Sirius can gather up the Horcruxes and he and Harry can destroy them, maybe there won't be anything for the Death Eaters to even try to resurrect. They ought to do something to preempt Barty Crouch Jr.'s escape, or expose him if he's already out, as well.

I love all the gifts. Trust Percy to disguise a warning about rule-breaking as a present. "Playwizard" made me chuckle, and the watch was lovely... although it also recalled a certain scene from "Pulp Fiction." I hope Harry doesn't get in trouble by going back for it when he needs to be making a quick getaway later on...

Jizzle posted a comment on Wednesday 5th March 2008 5:46am for Christmas at The Burrow

"finished his hot chocolate the set" should be "then set" I do believe.

"when know one was looking" should be "when no one was looking."

"he paid for it was well" should be "he paid for it as well," no?

I thought an earlier chapter, when Harry is first explaining his plan of freeing Sirius via fake memories, he mentions having heard about Sirius play with baby Harry frequently. And in dog form too. If so, Sirius' comment about Lily and fleas contradicts.

"so that exactly what he did" is just wrong. Perhaps "so that was exactly what he did" would fix it?

The part about Tonks is just off. Why does Sirius say, "she'll have to find another reason." They were just talking about Remus getting with Tonks because she made him laugh. The "she" makes it seem like they suddenly switch to talking about Tonks' reason for getting with Remus. Totally doesn't make sense.

That's all I caught. Either my eyes suddenly got sharper, or this chapter wasn't polished to quite the same blinding shine the others have been. Either way, excellent work, and good luck on your revision.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 25th November 2007 7:37am for Christmas at The Burrow

Outstanding chapter. I really like it that Harry does what is needed to protect the good people and not worry about the bad guys getting hurt or killed.

gunny

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Wednesday 1st November 2006 4:13am for Christmas at The Burrow

Excellent Christmas.

Wonderful find-and-rescue Sirius.

You just have to love Arthur to pieces.

Reviewer-Who-Begs-For-Updates posted a comment on Sunday 27th August 2006 7:05pm for Christmas at The Burrow

You made me get all teary. The part where Harry told off Sirius up until the "I watched him murder Dumbledor" line had me all teary eyed and chin quivery. Wonderful writing, you really managed to draw me in.
. . . Oh great. Now my nose is running. Oh well, it was worth it. On to the next chapter.

Zarz posted a comment on Thursday 29th June 2006 3:44am for Christmas at The Burrow

This is really cool, and I can't wait to see how Moony's classes turn out. I wonder what Harry's boggart will be like? Will it still be a dementor but with even more horrible memories from Harry? If he decides to use the Riddikulus spell rather than the Patronus, I think it would be really funny to watch the dementor start melting like the Wiked Witch of the West. If, of course, Harry managed to do anything but simply remember. The other option I see would be for the boggart to cycle through Harry's worst memories. Of course, if it tried to go through all of them I suppose we'd see if a boggart could spontaniously combust!

The other thing I'm wondering about is if Harry will decide to teach the DA the Patronus charm. I can just imagine McGonnigall sitting in the back of the classroom completely flabberghasted that a thrid year is teaching first years on up a NEWT level spell! And if his friends ask him if he really expects anyone to get the charm, he can just answer, "Well, if I could do it as a third year, then you can too." Of course, they'd probably object and tell him it's rather unfair because he's also thirty, at least until he mentions he managed to get the spell right in his third year the first time around as well!

Anyway, just my random thoughts about the coming year. I spend way too much time in my life thinking about your story. But hey, it's summer, and I don't have a job yet. So really good work, and my congratulations on a story so thought-provoking that I can't get it out of my head! Great job!

Natalie posted a comment on Sunday 2nd April 2006 6:06pm for Christmas at The Burrow

I love this story. It is the best time travel fic I have read. It's just brilliant. The whole occulemency part is really well planned out. One question though. I thought that Harry was calling the weasleys Molly and Arthur but in ch 23, he is calling them Mr & Mrs Weasley again. If he is doing it out of habit shouldn't they be reminding him to call them by their given names?

Natalie

Yojo posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 11:06am for Christmas at The Burrow

Excellent chapter, I really like the idea of making Sirius an occlumens so Harry can finally have someone who directly supports him while knowing all of the information. Great job, and keep up the good work. I am very interested in what Malfoy will do to Harry et al in retribution for the raid on his father's stores of dark objects. That should provide very interesting material for a chapter.

BT posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 8:39am for Christmas at The Burrow

I've been following this story both here and on FF.net, and I think it's incredibly captivating. Please keep updating!

xalphardx posted a comment on Monday 27th March 2006 4:53am for Christmas at The Burrow

This is absolutely fabulous. I wait with baited breathe for the next installment.

Patches posted a comment on Saturday 25th March 2006 9:01am for Christmas at The Burrow

I understand that life happens and interfers with the things we like to do. Just, please, update ASAP. Whenever that is. I really am enjoying this story. It is very well done. I'm looking forward to more soon. Thank you for writing.
pms

s_shah posted a comment on Friday 24th March 2006 12:37pm for Christmas at The Burrow

well...gr8 work i must say but u really messed up my schedule, i mean i have been up the whole last nite reading this fic...i like the idea of time travelling, though the way harry is manipulatin the whole situation even dumbledore looks like a kid infront of him :) neways gr8 work as i said, i think this is in harry/ginny things but i'd like to see what happens to harry if he gets a lil competetion in this department from someone...just a thought..hehe

erin5 posted a comment on Friday 24th March 2006 4:44am for Christmas at The Burrow

I might have already reviewed for this chapter at another sight, but I just wanted to reiterate how pleased I am with this work. Harry's outburst at Sirius was just beautiful :) Thanks, again! I promise, more detailed reviews in the future.

Pleather Boots posted a comment on Thursday 23rd March 2006 8:54pm for Christmas at The Burrow

I've spent the most of the day reading this, and I must say how fantastix this story is! Good work!

Ivy_Snowe posted a comment on Thursday 23rd March 2006 7:41pm for Christmas at The Burrow

Fancy seeing you here! I just read and reviewd your fic at...hmm, I'm not quiet sure actually O_o Either way, I'm glad to see you around. Cheers!