Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Friday 23rd November 2007 9:53am for A War of Words

Who cares about canon? This is your story and I love every bit of it. Canon should pretty much fly out the window since your Harry was an adult that lost its all before the final battle! Seeing you have updated always is exciting as this is one of the greatest stories period! Keep up the good work!

Ravenclawchaser68 posted a comment on Friday 23rd November 2007 8:06am for A War of Words

Perfect heroes are kind of boring after a while. I don't really have any urge to read a story where Harry ends up losing, but that doesn't mean I want the outcome to be obvious the whole time. The uncertainty in your story- whether or not you're going to kill off one or more of my favorite characters- keeps me more interested, I think.

I think the psychological aspect of this story is one of its strongest features. In this chapter I especially liked Harry's examination of his reaction when asked to tell Bill the story, and the thoughts about Sirius's relationship with Mrs. Weasley in the two time lines. I can tell you've put a lot of thought into these things, and I appreciate that.

I really get a sense of what people mean to Harry when you write him. You go way beyond "Harry loves Ginny, and Ron's his best friend" sort of characterization. I can see how some people might get turned off by that (and I suppose I might too if nothing ever actually happened), but I think it really makes this story work. A lot of redo fics are written like the author was just thinking about cool stuff Harry could do if he knew what was supposed to happen ahead of time. The world you've created seems much more realistic and engaging.

Sorry for rambling. The Point: Thanks for an awesome story. I look forward to the next chapter whenever it comes out, whether in a week, a month, or (God I hope it's not that long) a year.
Jay

storiesdr posted a comment on Friday 23rd November 2007 4:58am for A War of Words

Loved it. Really enjoyed the reactions of Bill on how he died and Fred and George on the ownership of their shop. Was that Wormtail at the end? If so, another strand to the story. I'm selfish and am eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Thanks for all the pleasure you have given me from the regular re-readings of this story.

Roger posted a comment on Friday 23rd November 2007 1:21am for A War of Words

"But aren’t perfect heroes kind of boring after a while?"

You are so right :) I am really quite sick and tired of reading fanfiction where Harry's either perfect... or only has sympathetic flaws (e.g. caring too much). It's nice to actually read a well written and well crafted fic where the characters are human, not caricatures with elements of Mary Sue.

Really looking forward to the rest of this story :)

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 5:34pm for A War of Words

I appreciate the chapter. Merry Christmas to you too. I think "blended Harry" is doing well for the cicumstances in which he finds himself. The dichotomy of his consciousness would be most confusing, I would think. Hopefully, as he observed, it will be easier for him as he builds some positive memories to balance all the negative ones he has. Thanks for writing. W.

spawnofthejudge posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 3:29pm for A War of Words

Your story is wonderful; I've reviewed that before I think, on FF.net (Dracis Tran). I only wish you could churn these out with more speed.

Well done chapter, keep up the good work.

sair_bears posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 2:08pm for A War of Words

Like always a great chapter, i always look foward to theses updates. Just wish theyd come a little quicker sometimes.. but as we all know we cant rush a genius :P Its nice that even though its thanksgiving you found the time to indulge your readers.

Cliff Bryner posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 12:39pm for A War of Words

Marvelous. Simply marvelous. Can we persuade you to use this holliday weekend to write more??

Thanks, as always.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 12:22pm for A War of Words

Your A/N notes are to the point and I totally concur with your reasoning. I am finding your amalgamated Harry both challenging and interesting, as is the story as a whole. Thanks for all your hard work, and keep up the fine job.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 11:51am for A War of Words

*snicker* I loved the session with Minerva, I wonder if she's -really- wondering about him, now.

The bit with the warding was beautifully done to get good PR for the goblins, I'm sure it's going to unsettle Fudge, Umbridge, and Lucius (be interesting if it resulted in Umbridge arriving earlier).

I loved the discussions with the Weaseleys and the various reactions. I daresay he's now got Bill firmly on his side and Gred and Forge very solidly on his side.

The testing with Remus was quite fascinating and it'll be most interesting to see how he takes it when Harry can finally tell him the full story.

No, this Harry's not perfect and he's still got growing up to do, in either time line, so some of his reactions aren't going to be perfect, but it'd be a boring story if they were. As is, he knows enough and is powerful enough to be able to deal, though not easily, with 'most anything that comes his way.

Shea' Motsko posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 9:11am for A War of Words

I love this story and I am so thrilled with the update.

I feel so bad for Harry. He's so messed up; years of truama, abuse, war, losses uncountable & the sure knowledge that more is to come. What's worse is that he knows he's messed up. He doesn't have the comfort of ignorance, just the never-ending worry that he'll finally snap before Voldemort is truely destroyed.

While I am glad that Bill accepted him & his story so easily (because Harry really needs unconditional love & support), I can also relate to Minerva's reaction to him. She doesn't know the whole story; all she sees is an emotionally unstable young wizard of staggering power (both magically & politically) lashing out at the world in anger. In her eyes, he is acting paranoid, distrustful, vindictive and is far too young to be drawing a line in the sand. I wonder if; despite her assertion that Harry's ability to love his friends/family & his compassion for 'innocents' makes him different from Tom, if she isn't worried that he's crazy & seeing enemies in shadows that doen't exist. (even though *we* know that they do)

Anyhoo...great update! Loved Rita's articles, the Weasley family meeting & fretting Minerva. Can't wait to see more.

Scorpio

Jason Karr posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 8:57am for A War of Words

looking forward to the chapter.

Prince Charon posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 7:41am for A War of Words

You really are very good at this. Very interesting.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

hahaheeheehaha posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 7:30am for A War of Words

i like "imperfect" harry, hes way more interesting than perfect harry. i also liked the way you included deathly hallows by mentioning the beaded bag :P update as soon as you can, but you do such long chapters theyre worth the wait. thanks for writing it!

Sushi posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 6:06am for A War of Words

Well, I loved it.

Favorite part would have to be the Peter-ness. Oh and F and G's reaction to them opening a shop. Heh.

Memory King posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 5:55am for A War of Words

A lovely update. Everything has already been said, so I would just like to congratulate you on an outstanding story!

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 5:53am for A War of Words

Great chapter. Especially loved the "Oh the irony.." line.

I liked the the articles as well. Because this story is so epic and we wait so long between chapters you forget sometimes that Rita is almost on Harry's side. I especially forgot she wrote fot he Quibbler. It was great thought.

As ever, thanks for writing, and I look forward to more!
Monkey

Ken Warner posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 5:35am for A War of Words

Just loved the spear Harry stuck in McG during that conversation "...with my 2nd family - My 1st one is all dead."
The meeting with Bill was masterfully done - loved the internal dialogue while Harry recognized and quashed his initial reaction - and Bill using his private knowledge gained on the job to subtly test Harry's reactions to other sentients was great.

thanks so much for sharing your excellent work.

warmest regards (and this adds one more thing to be grateful for on Thanksgiving day)

Gena posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 5:00am for A War of Words

i cant wait for you to update this is really good. I like it alot i was waorried you be like many authors who gave there storys up when deathly hollows came out. I cant wait to see were you go with this.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Thursday 22nd November 2007 4:17am for A War of Words

It's so good to see Rita's poison pen put to such good use. I also liked your use of the press to show what was going on outside of Harry's direct life and the perceptions of the wizarding world in general towards the war. LOL at them interviewing Mundungus and Molly!

I was chuckling at Molly but the irony line had me throwing back my head in laughter. Harry's conversation with McGonagall was brilliant, if questionable as to whether it would raise her suspicions about him.

Percy pranking Fred and George was superb. I also liked that Harry still feels like he needs to command even though it's so difficult. The Durmstrang in a night comment was also brilliant. Loved the reducto scene.

Finally, I agree. Sometimes Harry makes mistakes and is overly emotional in ways I don't necessarily love in the character, but that's exactly why I love this aspect of the story. Far too many fanfics have "Perfect Harrys" who never make real mistakes, get mad except at injustices or understand that they may cause friends' deaths in indirect ways.

Superb chapter, as always, just a little too short. And, as always, I'm left desperately waiting for more please. Thanks for writing.