Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Friday 9th May 2008 2:48am for Mortal Combat

Desperate, Naruto copied one of Hinata’s moves, and bent back sharply at the waist. The powerful Jyuuken strike passed over his now horizontal torso, the chakra spike making the skin of his face tingle.


If I remember correcly in one of earlier chapters Naruto was incensed because Hinata copied his move...

Shadowangel posted a comment on Monday 28th April 2008 4:20am for Mortal Combat

Whoa! That was really cool!
I'm really looking forward to get the next chapter to read!^^
I wonder how much the original story will change after the Chuunin-exams...but I bet I might really love it.....

aelreth posted a comment on Friday 25th April 2008 1:43pm for Mortal Combat

That was a beautiful interaction between the Toad sage and the Third along with Kurenai. I wonder if she knows about the Sexy Jutsu and if she doesn't would Sarutobi and Jiraiya use it to blackmail Naruto. Makes one wonder. Or is that how that encounter with the rogue clone in ch 15 with Konohamaru come back to bite him?

From what I'm guessing, what Naruto worked on is rather than basic elemental ninjutsu's that normal genins are taught Jiraiya instead taught him the ones that have greater chakra requirements. After all you mentioned in another comment about time with tadpoles. He is a savant that used shadow clones within a nights cram session. It's not very far fetched. It is also possible that you could have him learn Shadow clone explosion, thus making him 'Konoha's Yellow Explosion'. Which is a nice trump card. It is also a potential way of harming gara.

A continuity error in my part most likely due to paragraph incomprehension, when did Naruto stop wearing black and switch to green.

Otherwise I always enjoy reading your Naruto Fics, because of your ability in said fics I'm considering reading HP just because of the interest in them your generating.

Otherwise keep writing whenever your muse wants. You make surfing ff.net worth it.

Viridian replied:

Er, Naruto never wore black in this story. Kurenai accompanied him to a tailor after their first meeting to get him properly equipped, and that's where he got the green suit.

JohnMc posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd April 2008 10:33am for Mortal Combat

Dude, you freaking rock! I first started reading this story when it was first coming out, it was the first fanfiction I had ever read and now, more than a year later, it is still the absolute best I have ever read! Keep it coming! (Especially if you can do it as fast as this chapter!)

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Monday 21st April 2008 11:54pm for Mortal Combat

DAMN! That was kick ass! No complaints here over the last 2 chapters. I love the way your handling everything. This continues to be the best naruto tale on the net! Wow! The fight was awesome and what an ending, didn't read it right the first time in the hurry to read the omake. Wow....And damn good thing iruka was where he was to overhear what whoever said. Great work and cheers to the omake winner also!

Mad Ant posted a comment on Monday 21st April 2008 8:51pm for Mortal Combat

I've already read the chapter 5 or 6 times, and I enjoy it every time. Hope there won't be too long a wait fo the next (go muse, go !!!).

I find it a bit abrupt that Naruto would refuse all summoning contracts. I would imagine that he or Kurenai would look for a more adapted creature or more (camouflage and infiltration, fleeing or combat) rather than just dismissing the summoning possibilities outright.

Looking forward to the following chapters. Keep up the brilliant work.

Mad Ant

nuclear death frog posted a comment on Monday 21st April 2008 4:33pm for Mortal Combat

I left this identical review on FFnet:

As ironic as it might be, and as much as he might deserve it, I really hope Naruto didn't just destroy Neji's eyes. That would cause him nothing but trouble, probably even with the people whose support he currently has.

That's my major concern with this chapter. Otherwise it's pretty cool. Naruto learning Jiraiya's Hell Swamp technique was interesting, as it might be really useful in the future, and the refusal to sign the toad-summon contract was both kind (to Shino) and humorous, and it creates a point of distance between him and the Fourth, and between him and Jiraiya. I believe this Naruto should not parallel them, even if he one day might be favorably, credibly compared to them.

Viridian replied:

Well, for this story I'm trying not to parallel canon unless logic absolutely demands that I do so. You will see varying degrees of congruency, but don't rely on them too much.

liquidfyre posted a comment on Monday 21st April 2008 11:57am for Mortal Combat

*pokes viridian with a week old flounder*

Where da update? do not make me bring out the big guns

*points to his amazing bag o' critters*

i got some scary scary tings in dere

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Monday 21st April 2008 7:08am for Mortal Combat

Now that was a fight!!!!!!! I loved seeing Neji get what he so well deserved! I wonder how many people in the audience start realizing exactly whom they've been baiting all those years, and what he's capable if necessary. My thanks for the chapter, it was excellent! I especially liked the talk in the office, Naruto's instincts were really in play for him when he got out of there before he became the innocent bystander! This is a great story, and as always I'll be waiting for your next chapter with anticipation.

Sml posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 6:57pm for Mortal Combat

ok...good story for sure, but the last part threw me. Naruto has never been cruel, Hinata was right when she said that. So him giving Neji a scar just doesn't seem...right. Thinking about it more though it could just be a heck of a pimp slap and that would be awesome! Superb otherwise, like the little plot with the 'elders' to, maybe they push the wrong buttons and get some past news forced out due to their words, helping Kurenai with her past. Great update time to, hope you and your muse keep it up!

liquidfyre posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 10:12am for Mortal Combat

No it wouldnt be better BAAAAAD author baaaaaad for even suggesting it but please do update sooooooooon hehe

rex1yujie posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 9:13am for Mortal Combat

aw u always leave the story at a cliffhanger =/ .
i really like this chapter. i hope u update soon. this is definitely one of the best fanfics i have read

Musta posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 7:25am for Mortal Combat

I read some comments here, and I have to say the idea of tearing the seal is quite in character with Naruto. If it were possible that is. Afterall, a canon Narutowith substantially less training and mind clouded by red chakra, still had enough control to tear grooves in Sasuke's headband, ra\ther than tear his face off. It actually is quite possible.

fullmetalnarut0 posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 7:07am for Mortal Combat

Now I bet that Neji's face will have claw marks for life as well as removing his caged bird seal. reminds me of one particular pretty boy that creamed at high school band practice, quite a satisfying event.

Cromi posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 6:24am for Mortal Combat

You and your thrice-accursed horrible chapter ending points. I WANT MORE.

That having been said, another unusually excellent chapter. Thanks for writing!

Rovias05 posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 5:32am for Mortal Combat

You are a godly author - posting a new chapter of one of my favorite stories on my birthday and letting Naruto rip the shit out of Neji. I bow to your sheer win.

Manatheron posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 3:26am for Mortal Combat

I know that I haven't commented on many of the chapter you've put out, but I assure you that I've been gleefully following since chapter 1, and I must say, Excellent work! I love what you've done with the story and I can't wait to see exactly what the outcome of the Naruto/Neji fight is going to be. It's also going to be interesting watching the Bijju fight now that Naruto doesn't (To the best of my knowledge anyway) have a summon to help him fight. While I suppose that It's possible that Jirayia helped him find one that was more compatible with his team-mates I'm thinking that it would take to long for him to bother with it.

Regardless, I'm greatly anticipating the next chapter or five.

All the best to you,
Manatheron

Viridian replied:

Thanks for the kind words! And here's something to think about with respect to your questions...  How much of Naruto's time was occupied summoning tadpoles in canon?

Terry Chang posted a comment on Sunday 20th April 2008 2:27am for Mortal Combat

i don't know why, but i had a sudden image of naruto somehow hearing bout Iruka or his sensai being surrounding in a part of the stadium, and since he didn't know where they were he slowly gathered chakra and create so much Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and filling up the entire stadium... man...Naruto has improved so much....thanks for the fight. that's what i've been waiting for. definitely lived up to the wait and expectation.

Finbar posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 8:32pm for Mortal Combat

Holy Crap!You really do know how to end a chapter!

Will Neji be missing an Eye or Two? or will he simply have a scarred up face?
Great chapter! Really well done. This is why this fic if my favourite of the Naruto fics I have read. It has realism, it is darker than the Anime and people get hurt.
Well done.

Rexnos posted a comment on Saturday 19th April 2008 7:58pm for Mortal Combat

You're dead right about all the people complaining that this isn't cannon. Last I checked, the whole reason you read fan fiction is to get away from cannon, to explore the worlds of what-ifs and should haves. Team 8 is a perfect example of what I look for in fanfics.

Moving on. Awesome fight between Neji and Naruto. Neji was doomed from the start against a properly trained and pissed off Naruto, but he put up enough resistance to make it realistic. The ending was appropriate as well. Naruto gets his vengeance without going too overboard.

Can't wait for the next chapter,
Rex