Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

mantis posted a comment on Saturday 25th April 2009 8:16pm for Harsh Words

Just what I was afraid of... Harry's memories of the dark future make him even more vulnerable to Dementors.

I think the Patronus charm is supposed to be more powerful than you're giving it credit for; in canon, a strong, corporeal Patronus can apparently rout any number of dementors it encounters.

Holy $#!%! I was expecting Harry to summon his Patronus and send them packing once he was inside the wards, but... damn! Talk about the best offense being a good defense. That might be the first time in Wizarding history someone's ever cast "Accio Dementors"

"if I gave Bill a big sloppy kiss the next time I see him?" That would be one of the advantages of being a dog Animagus -- you can get away with giving a big, sloppy kiss to anyone you want to.

We’re not worthy!" ROFLMAO! I figured Gred and Forge's reaction to actually meeting the Marauders (all that's left of them, anyway) would be something along those lines. Harry's reassurance is a little hollow, too, since it was probably Sirius and James, not Remus, who did the majority of the pranking.

I'm not sure Harry really needs to be worried about the alarm spell on the Cup -- even if it would alert Vapormort, who's presumably still lurking in Albania, that the Cup had been stolen, there's not a whole heck of a lot he could do about it in his current form.

"Voldemort’s familiar was eaten by Norbert in the original timeline." I can't imagine that would be very healthy for Norbert, and I loved the way Nagini snuffed it in DH, but that's pretty darned cool all the same. And Harry shouldn't have to worry about Nagini this time around, any way; Voldemort created that Horcrux after he came back from Albania, though before his full resurrection, using the murder of Frank Bryce.

Handing Wormtail over to the Ministry is looking to be an unqualified catastrophe; they should have killed him and handed over his corpse. By now he's probably free and on his way to Albania to meet up with his Master again. I wonder if the Terrible Toad has anything to do with this? I always wondered if her real job was to be Fudge's "handler" on behalf of the Malfoys and the other wealthy ex-Death Eaters who own the Minister. Occam's razor would suggest she's the Ministry official most likely to have sent the Dementors to ambush Sirius near the Burrow, just as she sent them to attack Harry at the beginning of OotP.

I can't help thinking that having three intact Horcruxes in one place is a very, very bad idea; Harry really ought to destroy them post haste, if he knows a way to do it (as he presumably does, having done so in the dark future).

"At least now you know why it was so hard to get anything past Dumbledore." Actually, Dumbledore couldn't have used Legilimency on the Marauders much, if at all, because he never caught on that they were Animagi -- not exactly a small secret, that.

"members of the Wizengamot who maintain that Muggle-born witches and wizards should be removed from Muggle households as soon as they are discovered..." Now that's an interesting idea. I don't recall there being such a faction in the books; it would fall between the chauvinist Malfoy faction and the egalitarian faction represented by the Weasleys and Dumbledore. It does make a certain sense though -- something along the lines of Psi Corps in Babylon 5, for magical folk. It's not clear that Grindelwald was a pureblood chauvinist, actually, and in my own fic his "Wizards should rule over Muggles" ideology counted the Muggle-born in the former category; removing them from their parents the moment their powers were detected would make sense from that point of view.

Siccing Rita on the Malfoys sounds like a brilliant idea -- what an opportunity for schadenfreude! But the direct attack on the Ministry might not be such a good idea; I'm thinking there's going to be a war in this story even if Harry succeeds in preventing Voldemort's return altogether. That aside, your characterization of Rita is excellent; even when interviewing Harry, on whose good side she has every reason to want to stay, she can't resist asking confrontational, sometimes even invidious questions. Fortunately, this version of Harry can handle her grilling with aplomb and volley her hardballs right back at her; I got the impression they were both, on some level, enjoying the verbal fencing match.

hholidays posted a comment on Sunday 7th September 2008 4:55pm for Harsh Words

This was a great chapter. I think the story lost a lot of momentum in the second year (As I (Cubdom) was saying at FF.net, I'm not a fan of the POV switches.)

I'm hoping the plot momentum continues through third year. It's tough to balance the divergence from canon and the timeline.

Anyhow, great chapter. I got caught by the cliffie last chapter and had to read on. Now I'm curious about the repercussions for Rita's article. Too bad I have to work in a few hours.

Hoss posted a comment on Monday 3rd December 2007 1:48pm for Harsh Words

You got me LOL and a tear in this chapther. Well done. Thanks

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 26th November 2007 10:18am for Harsh Words

Very good chapter. It is getting ready to heat up very quickly. I hope Harry and company hit hard and fast, once they are down don't let them get up.

gunny

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Wednesday 29th August 2007 1:11pm for Harsh Words

My apologies for the tone of some of my previous reviews. By now, you have probably noticed that i don't like cliffhangers, and I don't take threats against the characters I like very well. I apologise for that.

On a different subject, this chapter was very well written. The revelation of the Maruaders was priceless, and I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with Rita. I just hope some sort of arrangement can be made with Augusta Longbottom. We need Neville back.

Hagrid posted a comment on Tuesday 8th May 2007 10:37pm for Harsh Words

Faster updates? What are yeh doing? Making Widgets? I mean, how creative do yeh need ter be ta make widgets? I'd like ter offer Fluffy ter yeh, so he (they) could answer yer rude reader's demands fer faster updates. I have read The Half Baked Plot, and not even that were written under a deadline, an we all know how bad That turned out. Just keep writin', thats the thing, inin't it?

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Thursday 3rd May 2007 9:15am for Harsh Words

Alex once more turned from the story to Matthew. "Umbridge is Azkaban's new warden, or atleast involved and the one who sent the Dementors to Ottery St Catchpole." It wasn't a question.


That's my guess, anyway.
Makes sense, in a way. If she did it on her lonesome in OP, then she must have been quite Dark. Perhaps an unmarked follower that didn't quite believe he was back, but did all that just in case (so she could say, 'but I did all this - you'll win easily!'). This bit, would then mean she may be involved in keeping the dementors rained in. And, since Fudge trusted her, if he was under her spell, so to speak, he'd be able to say, 'liar. I know they can't have gone rogue etc etc'.
it would then topple into this, she becomes warden, 'Makes sense to make Delores, she can control them afterall...' and being Dark, sympathizes with the Malfoys etc without money needing to change hands at all. Also, with influence, the idea that the malfoys are doing it for the black inheritance may not even be thought of within the ministry, which given Fudge's stupidity, and that he got voted for and subsequently made minister... well that just says how stupid the rest of the WW is.

On the other hand, it just goes to show how corrupt the ministry is, if Fudge was, indeed, complicit, or others, and theyd be the ones here running Azkaban - one of them anyway. and subsequently, they sends Dementors after Sirius etc.

PoA showed that the Ministry has some way of telling the dementors were to go.
GoF showed that Fudge (or someone in his office) is capable of making sure they stay in line and don't do anything that they don't want them to do.
and OP showed that they are let out on their own even, to do the dirty work.

given those 3, we only have these to identify as possibly able to control: Fudge, and Umbridge.
Umbridge makes more sense for that ability in both your 'canon' and the change-of-warden in the NoFP timeline.

-Alex out.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Saturday 3rd March 2007 4:12pm for Harsh Words

Dear Matthew,
your author notes lead me once again to mourn the tragedy of lives poisoned by socialism, the notion that because one WANTS something it should happen, regardless of the cost to others; For any of us who have the great good fortune to read your stories is treat enough - sorry that some are less than polite in the manner they express it.
Loved the idea of frying the dementors against the wards - Kind of like bugs on a bug zapper?
And Harry striking a blow in the public relations war is too cool.
thanks for an excellent chapter and warmest regards

marcelhm posted a comment on Tuesday 20th February 2007 12:22am for Harsh Words

well I like it so here is my review ^^.
I must say I'm impressed how you managed to write a convincing harry (mindset etc) I also love how you slightly altered his friends so they all became the persons you always hoped them to be when you read the original story. and finaly I love how you still manage to supprise in a story that I feared might get boring since it's doing all the books all over again. (want to know what;s with nev's gran!!).

my only critique would be the way how you planted a grownup mind in a 11 year old body and basicly glossed over hormones. you mentioned it once I believe. and second relationships, either start them or don't start them but now you seem to just can't make up your mind. (ofcourse this is just my opinion especialy the second pary)

a solid 8.9/10 as a rating so keep up the great work

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Sunday 18th February 2007 11:50pm for Harsh Words

I'm wondering when you are going to update this fiv Viridian-sama. It's been a long while since this chapter came out. Please, update this fic soon. I absolutely love it and think that it is the best out of the 'Harry goes back in time' category.

Thiago Krause posted a comment on Monday 12th February 2007 12:55pm for Harsh Words

Pretty good story. I usually don't like time-travelling fics, but this one was excellent, good enough to keep me reading for two days in a row. I can only hope now for you to finish it soon, though I know it won't occur, since there's still a lot of ground to cover. However, congratulations and keep writing, please.

Ah, by the way, there's a lot of stuff I disagree on your canon's interpretation. First: after HPB Harry's loyalty to Dumbledore is almost unquestionable. Second, I do think Snape killed Dumbledore following Dumbledore's orders. Third, I'm almost sure Harry will be the last horcrux. Fourth, I do believe that love will play a much greater part in canon, and Harry won't hate nearly as much as you've pictured him in this story. However, I understand that it was nedeed for your plot to work.

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Sunday 11th February 2007 8:14am for Harsh Words

Okay, so now I've finally gotten caught up on reading my backlog of chapters. This fic is so amazing that once I get into it, I never want to stop reading until it's done. Oh, well. I just have to wait for the next chapter to come out. :-)

pyrodaemon posted a comment on Saturday 10th February 2007 6:34am for Harsh Words

I found this story a long while ago, on a rec list. I think I read it on another site and I can't remember if I reviewed or not so I'm going to do so again.

I love the picture on the chapter page. Its really well done (don't know if you did it or its a fanpic) and I like seeing how you (or whoever made it) views the people in the story.

Its interesting to see how you've set the story up. You didn't give us details on everything that happened before Future-Harry went back and merged with Present-Harry. Instead you told us that everyone died, the world was destroyed and FHarry wanted to died, preferably right away. Instead he goes and tries to save the world again, only better but he has all these horrible dreams of things that happened to those he loved and fought. If there's one thing that can be said about your Harry its that he's not a coward. I loved the problem with Harry worrying about his friends because he manipulated his friends in the way he hated about Dumbledore. And it all turned to not when his friends rallied around him and proved to him just why he loved Hermione, Ginny and Ron so much and why he'd become such good friends with Neville and Luna.

And speak of: I love your Neville and Luna. The way Harry helped bring out the Neville we all saw when he got in that fight with Malfoy and his minons in that Qudditch game, and when he stood up to Harry, Hermione, and Ron in their first year, then again several times between there and their fifth. Luna on the otherhand, well she's not very well developed in the books, is she? I mean anyone who's willing to risk their live for you means they have to like a person and finding out that Harry in the books didn't do anything to help her when he found out that she was being bullied about makes me sick but the fact the he ignored her in his sixth year isn't...well it just rubs against the grain so I'm glad you've made her a real person, abet an...odd person, and that you've had him make friends with her.

The way Harry helped his friends become better people is great. I think that anyone who can help their friends be better people becomes a better person themselves and I'm glad that none of them had any real problems with it.

I also like Hermione. I don't have a problem with her in the book like most people but she does annoy me at times. Her obsession with the fact that all teachers had all their students best interests at heart annoyed me when nearly one of their Defense teachers had tried to kill them. I'm glad she doesn't have an obsession with the fact that books contain all information and all of it is completely factual. But she's still the Hermione that most of us love.

Ron on the other hand is nearly completely different and completely the same. The fact that Harry's more open with this Ron makes it so there aren't as many problems and Ron is more likely to believe him.

I really like and hate how you've made some many similarities between now and the other now (I can heard you now: speak up you almost made sense there, lol). The Stone, the Diary, the Polyjuice, Lucius Malfoy being a baster...wait that doesn't have anything to do with Harry, never mind ignore that last bit. ^^ So neither Harry nor we know if he can actually change the future for the better but we can have all the hope in the world.

The mysterious character you've created is giving me major, major problems. I can't decided if (s)he's evil and a Death Eatter, a good Slytherin, or someone who has no idea what's going on and will be a minor character later on or not. But I'm nearly positive that (s)he had something to do with Cho Chang being hurt so badly.

There is one thing I'm really thankful for. The fact that you've never, to the best of my knowledge anyways, referred to Defense Against the Dark Arts as the DADA. Never in the books is it referred to as such and I'm glad to see there are at least some people who use the books as references. LoL.

Now that I've gotten all that out of the way LoL.

I love the way you put the plot together. You've kept enough of the Original Plot to allow us to keep J.K. Rowling's books in mind but you've changed enough of it that we never have to worry about seeing things happen exactly as they did in the books. I hate it when people just cope and paste whole chapters from the books and call it original.

There is a question I'm dying to know the answer to but I know you probably won't tell me: Are Charlie and Bill going to help them later on, will Harry tell them his Grand Story, and is Percy going to go all Percy the Great Prat on us? Will he figure out why Harry asked him if he'd ever betray the Weasleys or is that going to be forgotten? Will we ever get a change to Percy POV? I hope that knowing the Ministry is as corrupt as it was Percy's will to...well change.

Honestly I've got to tell you this is one of the best stories I've ever read and I've never read or even thought I would ever want to read a time-travel fic so I was wary going in.

In closing (I sound like I just wrote a report for school...) I want to say that you've kept me entertained for about two and half days. I really, really hope you give us all a good ending, like maybe keep all of Harry's friends alive and well throughout the war (you've really made us know them too much and I think I'd be heartbroken if you killed one of them but I've always hated death in stories and had to stop reading one because just as the Author made us like an unlikable character she killed them off...I think every two chapters someone knew died....) and that you don't make Molly bury any of her children. I really don't think she could live though that, I don't think she should have to.

I hope you update again soon but I understand that Real Life takes the top even if we'd all rather it not. ^^

BT posted a comment on Monday 29th January 2007 1:41pm for Harsh Words

Oh, please, please update soon! I will love you forever.

jlencre posted a comment on Thursday 25th January 2007 10:38am for Harsh Words

Wow! I love how bold Harry is in this story. I know he's making decisions based on information from his future, but I wish that JKR had made her Harry less whiney and a bit more kick-arse like yours. I'm really loving the twists and turns you're taking with the plot. I hope to see an update whenever your muse inspires you!
Best wishes,

~Juli

oldman posted a comment on Wednesday 24th January 2007 11:15am for Harsh Words

I can't remember if I've commented already but yes I like this chapter especially the way you pave the way into future plot lines. Your description of the demise of dementers is brilliant, the run up to the final scene is gripping. Please don't abandon the story, it's too good.

Rob Clark posted a comment on Wednesday 17th January 2007 7:46am for Harsh Words

Wow! Just got to say this is an awesome story. You've done a great job with all of the characters, and the time travel plot.


Rob

Mynaorah posted a comment on Sunday 14th January 2007 8:01am for Harsh Words

Another excellent chapter; I'm eagerly awaiting the next one but can only say that I know too well how real life can bog you down and take up your time. Nevertheless, I'm putting "write more" vibes out into the air; this story is one I am constantly checking for updates and have already re-read twice. Keep up the great work.

BackInBlack posted a comment on Wednesday 10th January 2007 5:50pm for Harsh Words

I dearly love this story. You've done an excellent job weaving the canon story into this new time line. The plot twists keep it interesting, unlike some 'canon re-hash' stories that I've read.

I picked up the link for this story on a fic rec page, and I'm glad I decided to check it out. Keep up the great work :)

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Wednesday 10th January 2007 5:01pm for Harsh Words

Hi Viridian,

I am a continuing fan of this story as well as some of your other work. I am not a constant commenter, but I am posting to encourage you to keep up the good work.

As a possible thought on your development of Madam Longbottom, and at least a look on a verry different and interesting take on this "minor" character, have you ever read A. J. Hall's LoPiverse stories? "Dissipation and Dispair" paints a VERY different picture of Nev's Gran from most, and gives a well developed characterization of her. Whether you would want to develope her the same way, or not, I thinkyou would enjoy the sotry and find "fod for thought" in it's use of Mrs. Longbottom as a not so minor character.