Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

ojibwe posted a comment on Thursday 14th April 2016 10:41am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Is Lee Jordan's Muggle cousin named Tracy? I'd love to read a scene where he and Luna interact. She'd make a good Liz Lemon for him.

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th February 2011 2:49am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

You had me worried for a minute there! I can actually imagine Bumblebore obligating the whole group "for the greater good" of course. I'm very very very glad that wasn't the end!

Ilonwy posted a comment on Wednesday 29th December 2010 10:55pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Oky doky, you said that reviews make you want to write more. This is my third read through of your most amazing fanfic! I'm not sure if it is my my number one favorite fanfic or tied for number one with the Granger Defence. Your stories make me laugh out loud like a maniac, which does pose problems, seeing as I am an insomniac, who reads into the early morning hours in a house full of grumpy family members. This being said, I can't give this story up & will continue to read it over and over in the middle of the night, waking my family up at all hours. So on there behalf I beg you, please continue this story so that I can finish & and they may sleep in peace! PLEASE!

Potter&Granger posted a comment on Tuesday 26th May 2009 6:43pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

well, first i think of this fanfic as fascinating as the books themselvs, and upon other thinghs, i think it may be great to see this fanfic to became a movie, or two that is.

i'm not completly shure about waht could be the meaning of

"He’d think back, later, on the irony of such a thought."
as I see this could mean two things.
One: it's really just harry paranoia getting out of control
Two: he will be regretting later on, on such a thought, because it came to be true what had hapenned on harry's dream. Except from the part of his core blowing up off course and mainly because this would ends in harry's death.

Anyway i'll be thankfully if you answer that little one.

For further information I here leave my email adress wich is:
benny_gaggero@hotmail.com

Great fic, Matthew

Potter&Granger posted a comment on Tuesday 26th May 2009 6:24pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

The part of his dream about his core exploding was probably just his imagination going into paranoid overdrive. He’d never heard of such a thing happening before, but it did make for a very dramatic ending.
He’d think back, later, on the irony of such a thought.

what does this mean? seems like this story it's going in a pretty dark direction. Harry should take this "dream" far more seriously, despite Ginny's reassure.
He should do some research on this matter after all, what he hasn't hear about it doesn't mean that can't happen, though Harry is the only one known to do such thing and therefore it would be difficult to find a precedent on it.

In the matter of what Dumbledore might or might not do once he finds out the truth, whether Harry finally says to him or not.

If Harry does and he can explain all to him, all his reasons, all the details, being sure that Dumbledore wouldn't do something foolish until Harry finish what he has to say, maybe with a magical binding oath though, Dumbledore wouldn't have to take such extreme meassure, by the other hand he would obliviate Harry if he doesn't have all the details.

A great story by the way, it keeps me pretty much on edge and i'm looking forward to read more. When something else pops in my my mind, rest for sure that i will review more...

Keep on trucking Matthew...

mantis posted a comment on Monday 20th April 2009 12:02pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

"I can’t really afford to slack off for three months, now can I?" Hogwarts summer break is only two months -- classes start the first of September and end at the end of June.

"I can’t believe they cooked up something that devious without any input from you." Interesting insight; I think it's probably true that Ginny is the most Slytherinesque of all Harry's close friends. Anyway, it was very clever of the girls to take out some Obliviation insurance. I'm thinking, though, that it might not be such a bad idea for Harry to write [i]everything[/i] down, password-protect the scroll like the Marauder's Map, and seal it up in his Gringotts vault. The password could be some piece of information from his childhood that nobody else would know, and a cryptic clue that he, and only he, would be able to use to figure out the password unless [i]all[/i] his memories were obliviated. For example, the scroll might ask about some of Harry's accidental magic incidents, and then ask what punishment he received for them. (E.G. "Regrowing my hair after Aunt Petunia cut it -- a week in the cupboard under the stairs. Shrinking Dudley's old sweater -- no punishment, she thought it shrunk in the wash. What color was the sweater? Brown with orange puffballs.")

"He’d think back, later, on the irony of such a thought." Ouch. What future horror are you foreshadowing there, anyway?

The discussion of Hermione and Ron's possible future prefecture seems a bit premature. It's something they might have discussed during fourth year, or the summer after it -- I didn't think the badges coming as a total surprise in OotP made all that much sense -- but this soon?

Your characterization of Dumbledore looks way off the mark to me, but justifiable given the canon up through HBP, even though I wouldn't have agreed with it before. As I've mentioned, my own surmises regarding Snape turned out to be mostly right when DH came out, and the same holds true for Dumbledore -- though of course I never guessed at any of the things that weren't even hinted at prior to DH, his relationship with Grindelwald and the deaths of his parents and sister. I'll be interested to see how much DH canon you incorporate into this story; I can't see any way of working in the Hallows, there's no way they wouldn't play a significant role in Harry's future memories, but the Grindelwald/Ariana/Aberforth material could easily be incorporated, I would think.

"Deeds, not words, you uninspired bookends!" Now that's an inspired insult for a pair of identical twins.

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Friday 21st March 2008 5:21am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Man for a story that wasn't supposed to be endless angst, you sure are heaping on the endless angst.

All I see are people without any idea of the future being so shirtsighted one would think they are all idiots. Why didn't they just end the Malfoy line right then and there in the office? I'm sure it would have saved them endless grief, and lives.

~Matt

Viridian replied:

Well let's see. Cold-blooded murder in front of witnesses. Do you really think Dumbledore would countenance such a course of action?

Even beyond that, Lucius is prominent enough that disposing of him quietly would prove impossible.

Jizzle posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 8:27am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

"Fully prepared to take him to task if he relented" doesn't quite make sense to me. Should it be "until he relented"? The thing that Dumbledore is giving into is firing the greasy bastard, right?

Viridian replied:

Actually more like he might waffle and decide to give Snape "just one more chance" because, after all "it's for the greater good".

Hoss posted a comment on Monday 3rd December 2007 3:32am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Not much to say, I like the diffrent POV your doing and doing real well!. Thanks for a fun read.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 26th November 2007 7:35am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Good chapter.

gunny

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 2nd November 2006 5:06am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

The destruction of the Dumbledore Obliviation Attack was chilling. I did not have a clue how you could fix that.

It was so rattling that I couldn't be any gladder that it was a dream.

Well done!

Reviewer-Who-Begs-For-Updates posted a comment on Sunday 27th August 2006 10:49pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

I liked how Harry and Ginny supported Percy. I especially liked Harry's explanation. Nice chapter.

swordchucks posted a comment on Saturday 26th August 2006 11:52pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

I'm not widely read in the HP fandom world, but I have to say that I like your story a lot. The idea of the "old mind, new body" isn't a new one (I wrote Sailor Moon fics based on it back in the late '90s), but it is a good one. In fact, I just recently finished the HBP (if you make yourself wait, the gap between books seems less) and liked it a lot more than some of the previous books.

I can talk a little about why I like that book, because I like the same things about your fic. First of all, there is a major shift happening in the book where Harry goes from just the protagonist to being the hero of the story. I feel that is the reason why Dumbledore had to die, and I approve of it on that basis. Your fic has a similar theme with Harry becoming the custodian of his own destiny (and that of his friends) much earlier in the story. This is a good theme, and I like it.

Secondly, I feel that, to an extent, the focus of the books is moving away from magic and on to characters. There are still new spells and the like, but the main focus appears to be more on the people using the magic than the magic itself. Your story is obviously character centric, and I like the Ginny angle.

I think your author's notes answer a lot of the criticisms that I might offer, but not all. the largest of which is that I don't like the way Harry and Dumbledore interact. I think it's a valid way for them to interact, I just don't like it.

I think it might be a failing of Future Harry that he can't bring himself to trust others or that he plots too much.

To an extent, the martial arts stuff seems a little odd, too. I would probably do it, too (hell, I think I probably did it in the long ago Sailor Moon fic), but it's somewhat odd. Fortunately, you gloss over a lot of the martial arts stuff, just like the magic, which is the right thing to do.

There are also a few bits of plot that feel like the decision isn't quite natural (generally feeling contrived). As I don't believe there are any of these in the last chapter, I'm not going to dig out an example (since complaining about it is pointless).

Anyway, I love the writing of this story. It's a step below something I'd expect to find in print, but it's a quite small step.

Hot48cricket posted a comment on Friday 25th August 2006 5:52am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

You really have a great story and you write it extremely well.

I gasped when Harry dreamed (within a dream!) that Dumbledore killed everyone! That was good.

I laughed (at my desk at work - it's a good think I work in a fun office!) where Harry said to the twins: "Deeds, not words, you uninspired bookends!" - that was brilliant!

ted slack posted a comment on Monday 21st August 2006 10:58am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

I have no issues. I simply enjoy NoFP immensely! This story is among the very best of the many, many
Potterverse stories I've read. Keep up the great work, please.

M. R. Moore posted a comment on Sunday 20th August 2006 5:01am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

It's almost hard to believe it took 29 chapters to get here. I think i've been reading on and off for a week.

But it's better than the ones that plow through the books to get to the good parts. Like the story I once read that had Harry gun down the troll with a P90 at the beginning of the chapter and then it was like the author hit fast foreward and he was shooting Quirrel, all in an 5000 word chapter.

I'm seriously looking foreward to teh next chapter.

erin5 posted a comment on Saturday 19th August 2006 8:19am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

Brilliant, as ever. :)

Evan2 posted a comment on Wednesday 16th August 2006 9:09am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

This review is actually about the picture (I couldn't say anything about this chapter that the other reviewers haven't already said, although there is plenty to say, all of it complimentary, even the nightmare, as it shows that Harry is capable of having ones about this timelime instead of the old one). Awesome picture, except that Ginny has brown eyes, not blue. Plz change that, because then it looks exactly like the 6 comrades would be.

Viridian replied:

If you do a mouse-over on the portrait, it should display that I am not the artist who drew it. It was a gift, fan-art from Raide. I just wish I could draw that well!

parakletos posted a comment on Saturday 12th August 2006 6:01am for A Relatively Pleasant Start

How nice to come back from holiday and find that you had updated. The parts i enjoy most are those where things start to diverge from the timeline that Harry already knows.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to reading more.

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 8th August 2006 12:50pm for A Relatively Pleasant Start

I like this story a great deal. Please keep up the writing. The mix of action and angst is quite good. I am wondering if Dumbledore will figure it out... Harry will have to keep on his toes to out manouvre the headmaster.