Content Harry Potter Naruto

Reviews

Vrzepka posted a comment on Thursday 14th February 2019 7:14pm for A Granger Interlude

Best defense is strong offense

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Wednesday 10th August 2011 6:22am for A Granger Interlude

Excellent! Creative! Absorbing!

mantis posted a comment on Sunday 12th April 2009 8:04am for A Granger Interlude

"Gregory Goyle was snickering about the remark when Ron pulled his wand out and asked him which armpit he wanted his nose moved to." LOL! Looking back, one of the clearest early hints of Ron and Hermione's future romance was Ron's instant, furious defense of Hermione's honor when Malfoy called her "Mudblood." Both Harry and Ron are quick to protect Hermione from physical danger (a good thing, as her greatest weakness is her tendency to panic and freeze when faced with a crisis too immediate to reason her way out of -- "Are you a witch or not!?", Harry pulling her out of harm's way when Grawp grabbed at her, etc.), but Ron reacts much more strongly than Harry when someone insults her.

Good insights into Hermione's character and her thoughts and feelings about Ron and Harry; I guess I needn't have worried that she'll end up in unrequited love with Harry instead of getting together with Ron.

Loved this little exchange:
"Yeah, brilliant, isn’t it?" Ron’s grin was infectious.
"It’s very bright, I’ll give you that."

Yes, well, that's one meaning of "brilliant," isn't it? LOL.

"For a moment, Harry toyed with the idea of finding a way to leak their address to Voldemort and letting history repeat itself." Whoa, Harry's Slytherin side is getting a little out of hand now...

"He wasn’t going to sit back and rely on his foreknowledge anymore. He still retained some of his abilities and knowledge, and moreover he knew how bad things were going to get when Voldemort returned. There were changes to be made, and anyone that got in his way was going to think they’d been run over by a Hungarian Horntail."

It seems to me, fate aside, that the most sensible change to make would be to stop Voldemort's return altogether -- figure out a way to expose and eliminate Pettigrew, then hunt down the Horcruxes (shouldn't be hard, Harry already knows where all of them are in this timeline) and destroy them. Once the last one is gone, Voldemort should either pass beyond the veil, or become a harmless ghost if his terror of death led him to do whatever it is witches and wizards to achieve that peculiar form of undeath (it can't be too hard if Moaning Myrtle did it while she was still in school) -- it seems like something Tom might have done early on, before he discovered the way to make a Horcrux. If, as in canon, Harry's scar was a Horcrux, that might present a problem, but you haven't indicated that in this fic. (That was another thing I guessed right before Deathly Hallows came out, though I didn't figure out the wrinkle about Voldemort also acting as something like a Horcrux for Harry due to the use of his blood in the resurrection spell.) However, I'm probably inclined toward this approach because I don't believe in fate.

Speaking of which: "As someone whose entire existence has been defined by prophecy, Harry has a healthy respect for their significance." I don't quite buy that, after Harry's discussion of the prophecy with Dumbledore in HBP chapter 23. It's canon that the vast majority of the prophecies stored in the Department of Mysteries have never come true; prophecies derive their power from people's belief in them, and, often enough, from their efforts to avert the outcome. Harry, though, knowing not only Trelawney's second prophecy (before she actually makes it!), but exactly what it really meant, should be able to circumvent it, prevent it not only from coming to pass but from ever being spoken in the first place.

mahaffe posted a comment on Thursday 16th October 2008 7:59am for A Granger Interlude

Goldfarb?
Someone's been watching M*A*S*H*.......

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 24th November 2007 3:12am for A Granger Interlude

Good chapter, it is time for Harry to get mean.

gunny

Aberbadger posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd March 2006 10:00am for A Granger Interlude

"But a shower, brushing her hair, and getting dressed was the limit."
And of course looking after her teeth! (Hello! Daughter of two dentists, here!!!!)